TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Complete LED Conversion: VIDEO AND PICTURES INSIDE

After much trial and error and with the help of many others on this forum, I have replaced every incandescent bulb with LEDs on my 2010 GT500. I also swapped out my stock HIDs (4,300K) to 6,000K to match the LED fogs, turn signals, and front side markers. The match isn't perfect, but it's as close as I can get for now. I changed the orange front side markers to clear. Much cleaner look, IMO. Pictures follow. There is also a YouTube video since I thought it was the best way to see the front turn signals in action. They are white but turn to amber when the turn signal is activated.

Other notes: The fogs look brighter in these pictures and in the video than they do in real life. At the end, I've listed which bulbs I used for each application. I used about three different vendors, but I didn't list them. I'm not sure I am supposed to since they may not all be vendors on this site.

VIDEO SHOWING TURN SIGNALS. HAD TO INSTALL RESISTORS TO PREVENT HYPERFLASHING. PLEASE TRY TO IGNORE THE GNATS AND THE PLANES FLYING OVERHEAD.

IMG_7501.jpg

HALOGEN POST LIGHT IN BACKGROUND FOR COMPARISON

NOTE ALSO CLEARED FRONT SIDE MARKERS

IMG_7508.jpg

IMG_7516.jpg

IMG_7520.jpg

LICENSE PLATE AND BACKUP LIGHTS:

IMG_7521.jpg

INTERIOR. THIS LOOKS BRIGHTER IN THE PICTURE THAN IT DOES IN REAL LIFE

IMG_7513.jpg

TRUNK:

IMG_7524.jpg

FORGOT TO GET AN UNLIT PICTURE OF SIDE MARKERS (YEAH, I KNOW THE CAR IS DIRTY).

IMG_7526.jpg

List.jpg

I have every bulb done in mine as well except for the side markers and love them, a much cleaner look. Can you tell me where you purchased the side marker ones, those are the only ones I didn't do...Tx...

I got the clear front lenses from HIDGuy. The bulbs for the front and rear side markers are from JLC Lighting. I decided to keep the rear side marker lenses red; the only other option I considered for the rears was smoked/blacked. Couldn't find clear for the rears anyway.

I got the clear front lenses from HIDGuy. The bulbs for the front and rear side markers are from JLC Lighting. I decided to keep the rear side marker lenses red; the only other option I considered for the rears was smoked/blacked. Couldn't find clear for the rears anyway.

Thanks, How is the install for these front lenses and the Led? I would imagine it's easy but thought I would ask?

So now, you said you didn't change the back side markers but did you replace the bulb with a LED and if so how does it look through the red lense?

Great info thanks!

I got my clear fronts from stangparts, and I'm using chrome 194 bulbs (Pilot XC-194A Xenon Amber Chrome Coated Bulb) with no melting as of yet.

I am also using Sylvania 3357A/3457A ST SilverStar 29-Watt High Performance Signal Lights for the front turn signals to help eliminate the "fried egg" look of the stock bulbs. These have a slight blueish tint when off, and a deeper amber when in use.

I have the same LEDs for fog light bulbs as on the list also. They look great, but offer little or no value for lighting up the road

2750407650034057886viktMK_th.jpg

2536140810034057886IcREMe_th.jpg

Thanks, How is the install for these front lenses and the Led? I would imagine it's easy but thought I would ask?

So now, you said you didn't change the back side markers but did you replace the bulb with a LED and if so how does it look through the red lense?

^ The install is easy, done this on mine. You just have to remove the plastic undershield and you will have access to them. Beware, if you use anything other than an LED in these clear side markers they will melt.

+1 what TheOtherRob said. I did them at the same time I did the fogs. No real difficulty. The trick is to find a bulb small enough to fit. There is not a whole lot of space in there.

I forgot to take a picture of the rear side markers. The light output isn't terrible. Not quite as bright as stock.

Isn't one of the issues with switching to an LED is they have a "continual" power draw that you need to put resistors or something in place to stop?

Looks pretty nice though!

I haven't run in to that problem. I am no expert, but I think many or all of my LEDs have "built-in" resistors.

I have the same LEDs for fog light bulbs as on the list also. They look great, but offer little or no value for lighting up the road

I think that they provide more than "little or no" lighting up of the road, especially the 68-LED type. To me, they seem to work almost as well as the stockers but look much better (as you say).

• 3 months later...

I ordered all the LED's from hidguy.net

Here is the list.

2010+ Ford Mustang Coupe Dome & Map Light LED Upgrade - (1 Kit)

•LED Color - White

$15.00 $15.00

2010+ Shelby GT500 5202 Fog Light LED Bulbs - (1 Pair)

•LED Color - White

$40.00 $40.00

2010+ Ford Mustang Reverse (Back-up) LED Upgrade - (1 Kit)

•LED Color - White

$30.00 $30.00

2010+ Ford Mustang Trunk Light LED Upgrade - (1 Kit)

•LED Color - White

$8.00 $8.00

2010+ Ford Mustang License Plate (Tag) LED Upgrade - (1 Kit)

•LED Color - White

$15.00 $15.00

2010+ Mustang Front Bumper Corner Lights - Smoked

$40.00 $40.00

2010+ Ford Mustang R-Tech Switchback (Dual Color) LED Bulbs

•Add LED Load Resistors - Yes, Please Add

$55.00 $55.00

05-09 Ford Mustang Rear Marker Light LED Upgrade - (1 Kit)

•LED Color - White

$15.00 $30.00

Sub-Total: $233.00

what are these for? which LEDs require the load resistor?

Add LED Load Resistors - Yes, Please Add

$55.00 $55.00

The turn signals require load resistors. They are white when are on and amber when the turn signal is on..$40 for the LED bulb (kit of 2) and $10 for the load resistors.

what are these for? which LEDs require the load resistor?

Add LED Load Resistors - Yes, Please Add

$55.00 $55.00

The turn signals require load resistors. They are white when are on and amber when the turn signal is on..$40 for the LED bulb (kit of 2) and $10 for the load resistors.

I changed out the front turn signals and needed TWO sets of load resistors (four total). In other words, one on each corner, two in the front and two in the back.

• 2 weeks later...

^ The install is easy, done this on mine. You just have to remove the plastic undershield and you will have access to them. Beware, if you use anything other than an LED in these clear side markers they will melt.

How did you do for the rear side markers? For the front is removing the plastic shield but for the rear?

Thanks

I changed out the front turn signals and needed TWO sets of load resistors (four total). In other words, one on each corner, two in the front and two in the back.

UPDATE: With this setup, I began to notice a problem with the rear turn signals. On both the driver and passenger side, the outermost of the three lights did not light when the turn signal was activated. I had my car at Evolution Performance for a bunch of other mods and they fixed the problem by removing the rear load resistors. So, in summary, I now have load resistors in the front only, and things work great

How did you do for the rear side markers? For the front is removing the plastic shield but for the rear?

Thanks

Don't have a good answer for this. I wasn't sure how to get at them either, so I let Evolution handle this one as well.

Archived