TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GTS Information

RogerS

We were just told a couple months ago it wasn't ending. Interesting.

Really? By who? I thought that the announcement came out long ago?

Edit,

I was thinking the announcement that came out when the V8's stopped being done about a year ago. Correct, I don't see where the V6 builds being stopped was ever announced. Last I see is that the stats for the 50th cars came out but that the regular V6 cars were still being built as of October?

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/89427-2012-shelby-gts-v6-50th-anniversary-build-numbers/

Edited by JeffJ

Well let me double check, perhaps I'm wrong.

Steve

While I'm waiting to hear back from our sales director, I noticed that the GTS is no longer shown on our Shelby.com website and I don't see any open GTS orders in the system. But we'll have a definite answer shortly. Stay tuned.

Steve

We were just told a couple months ago it wasn't ending. Interesting.

Well let me double check, perhaps I'm wrong.

Steve

Well the good news is that my memory is not failing, the bad news is that yes the GTS is a closed program, both the V6 & V8 versions.

Now I have to convince our sales director that I knew that and was just making sure he knew that ;)

Steve

Thanks Steve. I will also have to thank Frankie M. And Ralph. The sales staff @SHELBY are simply the best! I wish it wasn't 1750 miles to Las Vegas because it would be such a privilege to attend this years BASH.. They look like such a great way to see all the SAI built SHELBY's. And the meet owners of these great cars

How long before SAI releases build numbers? I think I had the last one built but not sure. Any such luck of the GTS being continued on future mustangs?

Thanks Steve. I will also have to thank Frankie M. And Ralph. The sales staff @SHELBY are simply the best! I wish it wasn't 1750 miles to Las Vegas because it would be such a privilege to attend this years BASH.. They look like such a great way to see all the SAI built SHELBY's. And the meet owners of these great cars

Jason,

Build numbers will be released in the near future. I believe there is only one program before I'm able to focus on the V6 GTS program. The V8 GTS and the 50th GTS build numbers have already been posted.

In regards to attending the Bash, not everyone who attends the Bash brings their car so all that's stopping you is a airplane flight. Some folks who don't bring their car but want to participate in the driving parts of the Bash go and rent a Mustang at the McCarren airport. Others who don't bring their car and aren't interested in the driving parts also fit right in as there's plenty of folks that they can hang out with.

Steve

Jason,

Build numbers will be released in the near future. I believe there is only one program before I'm able to focus on the V6 GTS program. The V8 GTS and the 50th GTS build numbers have already been posted.

In regards to attending the Bash, not everyone who attends the Bash brings their car so all that's stopping you is a airplane flight. Some folks who don't bring their car but want to participate in the driving parts of the Bash go and rent a Mustang at the McCarren airport. Others who don't bring their car and aren't interested in the driving parts also fit right in as there's plenty of folks that they can hang out with.

Steve

Very true Steve, in fact except for the Bash where I took delivery of my 50th Annv GTS, I never had a shelby at the bashes I attended..But still always had fun.

• 2 weeks later...

After looking at the GTS Upgrade package at $12,500 that appears to also be around the sweet spot for the first Shelby GT Conversions.

I guess the days are gone for another large Shelby run of non aspirated V8 GT's at a reasonable price.

I never understood the GTS program nor liked the way they did the font on the GTS side stripes.

I believe to some extent SAI needs to go back to its roots and get an assembly line going again and turn some cars with a reasonable price point for the conversion and get them out the door in less than 90 days.

gg

Edited by TAPD117

Many Thanks, Steven.

I would point out that I spent quite a bit more than the base $12,500.

I guess the main difference in price of the current offerings and the GTS is the use of Carbon Fiber over Fiberglass and the mandatory inclusion of the cast 20" wheels.

Seems like there is now a preference to outsource the body parts rather than cast the fiberglass themselves.

The upshot being that I would have to spend 25% more than I did previously to get a Shelby GT (rather than a GTS) but wouldn't have the brake upgrade, the engine caps
or the interior upgrade. To get approximately the same as what I ordered would be about +70% on what I spent. To be fair that would have carbonfiber vs fiberglass body parts,

and both better wheels and brakes. however that a lot more cash.

• 1 month later...

The only build numbers that I know were released for the GTS were the V6 and V8 50th Anniversary Edition models. There may still be some builds in the works for other GTS years of V6 and V8 which is why they were not released yet. They usual do not release numbers until all cars in the program are completed.

Here are 50th numbers: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/89427-2012-shelby-gts-v6-50th-anniversary-build-numbers/

Steven,

Any word yet on build numbers for the v6 GTS?

There are still five V6 GTS builds that are unaccounted for meaning they are still in queue but not built. I've asked the sales department for an update so once I hear back we'll be able to get a better idea on when final build numbers will be available.

Steve

The only build numbers that I know were released for the GTS were the V6 and V8 50th Anniversary Edition models. There may still be some builds in the works for other GTS years of V6 and V8 which is why they were not released yet. They usual do not release numbers until all cars in the program are completed.

Here are 50th numbers: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/89427-2012-shelby-gts-v6-50th-anniversary-build-numbers/

V8 production ended long ago and those numbers have been released.

Edited by Al G.

I had not seen them, maybe Steve can re-post in this topic.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting lost with all the designations that we have on our Mustangs and would like to know what GTS stands for. THX