TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear End Squeaks

I was just wondering if anyone with a still stock rear end on their GT500 was experiencing any squeaks? I hear it when the car is under normal driving excellerations and cruising excellerations when going over the normal bumps that every road has. Its been between 50-65 Farenheit everytime ive heard it so i dont know if its the cold or something that needs to be dealt with. Anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be or what a solution might be / does anyone else have this problem?

I was just wondering if anyone with a still stock rear end on their GT500 was experiencing any squeaks?

Anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be or what a solution might be / does anyone else have this problem?

Use more Featherlax?? :hysterical2:

I was just wondering if anyone with a still stock rear end on their GT500 was experiencing any squeaks? I hear it when the car is under normal driving excellerations and cruising excellerations when going over the normal bumps that every road has. Its been between 50-65 Farenheit everytime ive heard it so i dont know if its the cold or something that needs to be dealt with. Anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be or what a solution might be / does anyone else have this problem?

Not me. All good here.

"Rear End Squeak"

I said Pardon...

An here I thought you were talking about yer arse...I suppose you could nail it down too..But seems impracticial...I'm a tad bitter as I have yet to be able to say I've spent longer than two hours in my car..at 600 KM I've been pulled over twice sheared a drive shaft and managed to upset my mailman who'ss a Shelby fanatic (on a list somehwere as he has pointed out) and tells me its a shame whenever I pull her out of the Garage...I have yet to spend any a quality moment with her, just enough to get to know that shes blue and beautiful

Thank god the nice weather is coming...and oh bring on the wee squeak...Anything that annoying will be wonderfully drowned out by Blower Whine, Exhaust notes of the BORLA, or the Shaker 1000 gleefully pumping Dont cha wish....by the PUSSY CAT DOLLS! or ACDC or something equally loud...an thats all I ave to say on this topic...but please if you stop the squeak please let us know whiih shoe you used...and if it had a heel, how far back did you have to push the seat to get two people in the front.

Cheers,

Requis

My mother-in-law got wedged in the back seat once for 3 days. After the first day, we started hearing squeaks.

We finally rented a come-a-long and got my cousin Rufus' tow truck to winch her out.

Car hasn't smelled the same since.

I don't know anything about rear end squeaks but I do know of a few horse's asses? :beatdeadhorse: Is that close enough? :hysterical: I don't have time to worry about rear end squeaks, I'm still trying to figure out the hissing in the front. :hysterical:

str8 -

The only squeak I've had in 11,111.1 miles (last night) was more like a chirp that I traced to the exhaust pipe hangers on the right side. It chirped on small bumps but not on large ones. Sprayed some silicone lubricant into the holes in the rubber sound isolators where the rods from the tailpipes insert and the problem disappeared.

You will learn to ask questions here more carefully in the future I'll wager. Even if you think the question can only be read one way, you will find out otherwise. Welcome to Mustang Comedy Central where every squeak is a fart, and every problem can be solved ultimately by a thong reference or joke.

str8 -

The only squeak I've had in 11,111.1 miles (last night) was more like a chirp that I traced to the exhaust pipe hangers on the right side. It chirped on small bumps but not on large ones. Sprayed some silicone lubricant into the holes in the rubber sound isolators where the rods from the tailpipes insert and the problem disappeared.

You will learn to ask questions here more carefully in the future I'll wager. Even if you think the question can only be read one way, you will find out otherwise. Welcome to Mustang Comedy Central where every squeak is a fart, and every problem can be solved ultimately by a thong reference or joke.

Hey I resemble that remark. :hysterical:

str8 -

I couldn't have said it better myself!!

:banana piano:

wait is this inferring appropriateness...I thought we (I could have a little fun with this one) My point being no squeeks as the Car is still so new to me...I'll be sure to re-open this topic if I get one or if me and my wife end up creating some...squeeks that is.

Cheers,

Requis :hyper:

This might be the cause:

Get under the car and check out the rubber hangers that the exhaust hooks into. Spray a bunch of WD40 in there to lubricate it.

I had a similar issue, and it turned out to be the hangers making the annoying squeek when going over minor bumps in the road.

Good luck, but that might be it...

str8 -

My 1st thought was to check the exhaust like you are suggesting, however im out of town right now so i thought id get some other suggestions just in case.

Yea ive noticed questions can be taken so many different ways here... i thought id leave it open to some jokes aswell tho for good fun! :hysterical2: You guys crack me up. :hysterical2:

Thx for the suggestions and laughs!

str8 -

3 Cobras, You've got to post a pic of that Odometer... Surely Yours' would be the most driven GT500 to date!

Keith

3 Cobras, You've got to post a pic of that Odometer... Surely Yours' would be the most driven GT500 to date!

Keith

Wouldn't mind jumping into the Time Machine and going back to photograph it. For that matter, wouldn't mind if I kept on going back to my early twenties as long as I could take what I know now back with me.

Hmmmmmm . Maybe not. Not sure I'd get back here alive. Better stay with what I know.

Keith, I've had the car since 21 July and commute about 62 miles round trip each day, so the miles rack up. The more I drive it, the less I sweat the small stuff about the car. Buying this car was the right move for me. Keeping it in the garage would just not work for me.

Wouldn't mind jumping into the Time Machine and going back to photograph it. For that matter, wouldn't mind if I kept on going back to my early twenties as long as I could take what I know now back with me.

Hmmmmmm . Maybe not. Not sure I'd get back here alive. Better stay with what I know.

Keith, I've had the car since 21 July and commute about 62 miles round trip each day, so the miles rack up. The more I drive it, the less I sweat the small stuff about the car. Buying this car was the right move for me. Keeping it in the garage would just not work for me.

All my Cobra's have been tire screeching daily drivers.

The one true measure, DC. Man after my own heart.

We need to share info, I'm sure www.tirerack.com has a frequent buyer program. lol

My daily drivers since I startd getting into HP-

1993 Black 5.0 LX - 350hp - sold at 130k - ran like a clock the whole time - miss that car like hell.

1999 Black Cobra - 320hp - traded in at 32k for a Vette. (mistake what a girlst car)allegedly - had hp fix, still felt anemic. Got free jacket though. :hysterical2: (still have it/wear it)

1997 Black Vette - Auto - bought for wretched ex wife as a compromise. What a crap car that was. Ran perfectly but totally uninspired and unconnected to the road - traded in on 2001 Cobra soon after.

2001 True Blue Cobra - 320hp - really this time :o Traded in on 2004 Cobra with 48k on the clock.

2004 Black Cobra - 450hp - after hit and run in a parking lot, was never 'the same'. Sold it recently with 33k on the clock. Miss the power, don't miss the squeeks.

Every one of these was driven every day and was my daily workhorse. What a treat to drive this kind of iron every day! I honestly believe even if I bought a Ferrari I would drive it just the same. Cars are meant to be driven, that's where they are the most fun!!

I just think I could have afforded the ADM + another GT500 if only I had held off on cars earlier in life and not had to buy so many tires!!!

:shift::shift::shift::doh:

OK DC -

I've been buying from tire rack for as long as I can remember, if I could remember when that was . . .

1965 Corair Corsa Turbo coupe - got faster the longer I owned it, mainly because of the rust making it lighter. Fun car, fast for the time, but no tire eater.

1971 240Z - Really liked that car, sold it with 120K on the clock several years ago. Again, fast but no tire eater.

1979 Honda Accord - kept for 18 months and hated committee design. Found a twit to buy it. Unfortunately, married same. Got it back. Only one of list that wasn't RED. Both long gone now.

1981 Scirocco S - Callaway Turbo kit and lowered suspension / wider wheels. License plate says it all: ROCC IT, and man, was it ever! Definite tire scorcher. Sad to sell it a few years back. Put about 140K on it with no problems at all despite twice the horsepower as when I bought it.

1990 Probe GT (Turbo) - Really liked it, put 60K on it before trading on a 1993 Cobra (new).

1993 Cobra (Turbo) - Still have, now with R302 321 stroker, Turbo People turbo install, T56, Griggs front and rear suspension.

2001 Cobra - traded in at 60K on 2004.

2004 Cobra - PowerLease car. Still think of it as my second best car ever. Still think it is the best looking Fox. Serious scorcher, but only mods were CA and Flows.

2007 GT500 - I'll follow SCGT500 around and pick up the parts he takes off his as he goes for the Gold Ring.

All told, I have put over 260K on three Mustang Cobras. No garage queens here.

Archived