TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Took my car to the dragstrip last night...but

I easily have over 200 trips down the drag strip in various Mustangs over the years and i would have to admitt that a Trap Speed of 129 in your Mustang is possible, but not with a 2.20 60 ft time it would only be possible if your car was putting out over 600 plus RWHP ; which its not ; especially if it did not have drag radials or slicks on the car period. I do not care about the 1/4 mile time , but the Trap speed is not possible since your car has under 600 RWHP and had such a poor of a 60ft time. I am sorry to say Sean and Warren. I LOVE YOU GUYS : HOWEVER THE TRAP SPEED NUMBER JUST DOES NOT ADD UP EVEN ON A 1/4 MILE PERFORMANCE CALCULATOR.; Especially with the clutch issue you had and the 60ft time. I will say this the car is capable of doing a 129 Trap Speed and about a 11.32 1/4 mile time, but you would need a working clutch and Drag Radials or Slicks and a much better 60 ft time; some where about about or below 1.6 - 1.8 in 60 ft.

The car weighs 3650 lbs or more and then add the drivers weight to the total car weight and then calculate the horsepower less 17%; for loss of power from the flywheel H.P of 624 to the rear wheels and the total is 517.92 RWHP. Plug it into the calculator link posted below and see what you get. Even giving you the benefit of doubt and say you have 588 RWHP because you might have a better or special tune the Trap speed you posted is not possible. With out the time slip the posted claims and speed n times are all unsubstanciated. I have given you the tools to prove it.

http://www.race-cars.net/calculators/et_calculator.html

That being said, i still have a couple of half gallons of Crown waiting for the Dearborn Event. :happy feet:

Respectfully,

Scotty g

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is almost as funny as the oil thread discussion...

That is for sure btw has anybody seen Warren or his time slips , and dyno sheet. :hysterical:

Scotty. XOXOXOX

Actually most oil threads are pretty subjective....so anyways I use Motorcraft. :hysterical:

I use snake oil it makes my trap speeds faster than everybody elses. :slapfight:

Scotty

Okay, so I'm beginning to see the storyline behind the Mid-America posts....... Serves me right for never visiting this section of the forum. :finger:

I'm also getting a more clear picture of the personalities involved, which always fascinates me (being one myself....) B) SGT/SC#0471, I do hope you decide to come to Tulsa this year, someone needs to put svttim in his place....... :fan:

That is for sure btw has anybody seen Warren or his time slips , and dyno sheet. :hysterical:

Scotty. XOXOXOX

He is on a cruise ship somewhere in or around Alaska for the next week or so.

I have the dyno sheet from April on my computer here at work, but the stupid firewall prevents me from posting attachments (or starting new threads :headscratch: ). I'll try to post it tomorrow from home.

sprint 200 yeah so thats the full track prepped 500 of svttim. ? if that the car I am thinking of its sweet!

I am not bringing my car 4200 miles for the event, nor am I trailering it that far...

Between my crib and OK is a twisty long and longer road no way around.

Vegas is far enough....But I may pop in on a plane to witness the fan and the crap....;@)

Wow, guess I graduated to full out liar while I was gone.

Scott, I will only say that you should remember that as a Team Shelby regional director, I have a lot more invested in reputation than to arbitrarily make up drag speeds and times when I am not even a drag guy to start with, and completely destroy my own credibility. Does anyone see any reason why I would do that?

The timeslip said 129, simple as that. Call Maximum Performance in San Antonio if you want additional witnesses. The owner and head mechanic were there.

Other than that, I'm done defending myself here. If you think I'm bullshitting anyone here- you don't know me. Furthermore, I refuse to discuss the gt350 publicly here on out, as it's just not worth my time and I'm VERY disappointed in the attitudes of people I thought knew me and I thought I knew, and I just don't want spend my precious time doing all of this negative crap. Sean, just drop it. I'm beginning to think this dubbs guy doesn't even own a GT350. I want to see a title and a license for this guy.

For 350 owners, pm me if you want to ask me something directly, but here on out, I will not use Team Shelby to discuss my GT350....look me up on Lonestarstangs.com

So your brother talks shit and you bail?

Classic internet conversation. Sorry your upset Warren but I dropped it once and then SEan your brother could not Resist talikng more bs. And "poking me with a stick" and saying my wife was with your slip? haha whatever.

You know why I asked you to post the slip originally from you and Seans previous and other posts.

I do hope you both achieve your Best time ever this summer!

edit: Removed my mean remark, sorry.

Just don't like the hater posts, and don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining either. I'm not condescending to anyone, as my brother owns a SGT. I just think if you want to hate on a Shelby build because you feel threatened by it, I shouldn't be penalized for it. Do it in another section. In fact, a different forum altogether.

I'm not bailing, but I don't fingerpaint for a living, so If I have to deal with difficult people, it's gonna be for money. I'm sure you think that is an insult, but you have the luxury of making a living doing what you love. Your passion. That's great, but I don't have that luxury, so my hobby(this) needs to be funtime for me. You don't have to deal with people for a living, so you can treat them however you want and it shows here.

As far as the rolex comment- I'm not sure I understand it. I DO own a hairbrush though!

Again I am not dissing the 350 its very cool!

Did you ever consider maybe I am interested in buying one?

Haha I had a art critc print a review time that I painted with my fingers...

And thats OK, my audience for my paintings is'nt even born yet...

You are welcome to visit my studio anyday and see what I do...

Everybodies life is difficult and seems not so to everyone else...

its the main tenant of my beliefs "everyone suffers"

Good luck at the strip Warren.

I'm just really confused by all the people that say that they have drag raced for so long but can't believe the speed vs. time. There are so many things involved. With the Hot Rod Cams that I just put in my car. I lost 5-6 tenths in the quarter, but gained about 8 MPH. What??? That isn't possible. That doesn't fit a magic formula or HP requirments for that speed..... Also, I race at Bandimere Speedway in Denver, CO where the true elevation is over 5,800 ft, but air conditions regularly put the factored elevation over 10,000 feet. So times are not even close here to what you expect at most other tracks. A 13 second car at sea level normally runs 14.50's at this elevation. And yes, I've been racing regularly since 1985. My GTH last year regularly ran 14.50's to 60's at 93-94 mph. With the Hot Rod Cams, I'm now running 14.90's-15.0's at 99 -102 mph. Last night's racing was really painful. I hate making modifications and then going slower!! But I know that does happen some times. I'm not happy, but I guess not to unexpected based on what I've read about the cams. They do sound really cool. ha...ha... A supercharger should solve some of those issues soon! I lost some bottom end torque, but over 3,500 rpm, this thing is awsome. I totally can't get off the line now, but once I get in the power ban, this thing is pulling great. So many things in drag racing play into time vs. speed from spinning off the line, gears, converter (or clutch), torque vs. hp curves, weather, it is almost endless. I hope you don't stop posting your info on what is going on with your car here Warren. I know it causes quite a bit of heart ache when people post such things and those things are very hard to just blow off, but there are so many of us that want to hear what is going on with your 350. There are very few guys willing to put their 350 through what you have to see what it is capable of. I know there are many here excited to see what it does when you get it all sorted, traction, clutch, etc.

Also, having driven your car at the Bash, I certainly can attest to what it is cabable of. It is awsome. Keep it up.

Just don't like the hater posts, and don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining either. I'm not condescending to anyone, as my brother owns a SGT. I just think if you want to hate on a Shelby build because you feel threatened by it, I shouldn't be penalized for it. Do it in another section. In fact, a different forum altogether.

I'm not bailing, but I don't fingerpaint for a living, so If I have to deal with difficult people, it's gonna be for money. I'm sure you think that is an insult, but you have the luxury of making a living doing what you love. Your passion. That's great, but I don't have that luxury, so my hobby(this) needs to be funtime for me. You don't have to deal with people for a living, so you can treat them however you want and it shows here.

As far as the rolex comment- I'm not sure I understand it. I DO own a hairbrush though!

I don’t blame you for not wanting to post anymore. Why subject yourself to the abuse? You were excited about taking your car to the drag strip. It was fun to read. Keep enjoying your car.

You missed a great meal....Hope your flight back is great and you and your family enjoyed Seattle.

If you do see the 129mph slip in your car please post it for reference....it is interesting to us guys maybe contemplating buying one at some point.

Cheers.

Thanks for the offer Randy, but we were all asleep. Spent the whole day at the folklife festival, and we had to be up late the night before to get packed, then the ship kicks everyone off at 7am, so the girls were pretty spent by 4. In fact, we had a pastry for dinner at the starbucks downstairs when we woke up, and then right back to bed.

Jeff,

Thanks for the backup. My local mod shop folks were not surprised to see the speed, and told me it was due to wheelspin, but I didn't ask for elaboration. I guess that means you are slower off the start, but when the tires do finally grip, you can achieve a higher top speed. It really doesn't make sense to me, but if I had known that 129 was a surprising trap speed, I would have taken a pic with my phone on the spot. I came away disappointed because I never had a clean run out of the 4 I had, and I only ever paid attention to time, not speed before it was me and my car. We will see Wednesday. I already told my wife yesterday, I'm reserving that evening to go out to the raceway.

I've gone 11.1@131 on stock Goodyears. Trick is to air them down a bit. I found 24-25 psi works best for me.

Here's a timeslip for y'all. This is in my 01 Bullitt. Slick track 60' is usually in the 1.4x so I spun a little off the line but then it hooked.

Calculated tells me this car should be running 9.80's so that's what i'm shooting for ;)

1050timeslip.jpg

Okay, so I'm beginning to see the storyline behind the Mid-America posts....... Serves me right for never visiting this section of the forum. :finger:

YIKES! I thought we were pretty aggressive in the 40th Anniversary forum with all our trash talk about not having any bling, hats, shirts, key chains, hoodies, glases or mugs and griping about build numbers. Whew! We really must come out of the attic every now and then. There hasn't been this much excitement since the old Politics Thread.

Warren, if you say 129, it's 129.

Sean, math put us on the moon when everybody said it couldn't be done......but then again, I never saw the time slip. There is THAT rumor. You know what I'm talking about. We never really went, it all happened in the sound studio outside of Las Vegas. It's all a govenment conspiracy. Actually that's my story and I'm sticking to it until I see the time slip.

Now, I'm going back to the attic.

Can't wait to see everyone in Tulsa. All will be good.

Thanks Don, see you there to do a 130 trap speed if nothing else...LOL

Do not forget to bring you video camera and to keep your time slip with your cars number and a picture of your car with the number on your window. :hysterical:

Or, I could just let those that are there, see it, believe it, and those who dont want to believe can sit on it....:finger:

Well Warren this just sounds like another one of your excuses for no proof. :redcard:

And let's take this moment to remember all cameras must be properly mounted, no hand helds, zip ties,duct tape or bailing wire mounts(don't laugh all have been flagged!)

I like Royal Purple Oil, and if I can find one I'll post a time slip for my 69 GT 500 from the mid 80s.

Now back to the scheduled program.

BTW Warren, I could give a crap what it turns, just the fact you are using it is good enough for me!

Doc Scott

Do not forget to bring you video camera and to keep your time slip with your cars number and a picture of your car with the number on your window. :hysterical:

Don't laugh. Last year I won the 0-11.50 class at the drags. I had to hit the road early and was told to pick up my swag at the hotel. Winner's name didn't match mine and I don't drive a 58 Edsel. Turns out somebody made a oops and wrote the wrong number down as the winner. Thankfully I had pics, car # visable and the starter remembered me and my car winning.

Just a thought...

Archived