TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Took my car to the dragstrip last night...but

I believe we have posted a timeslip showing 12.49 at 119 in another thread. I didn't see any point in posting a slip that shows another 12 tho...

That said, I believe they are all sitting in the door cubbie since I have'nt even touched the car since the raceway. I can oblige. Look for them tomorrow AM.

Chris, the 350s did really great! Tony is a VERY good driver, and between his ability and Patterson's ability, I don't think it is fair to compare for exactly the reasons McCoy stated before. There were many with little experience out there, just learning, but the 350s dominated. The FR500s were not stock, but are no where near the 350s either. The GT-R out there is a nice car, and makes a good driver look great! For a baseline though, the formula cars the racing school uses, best time is 57 flat second lap time. Gary was giving rides and the school clocked him at 52.7 one lap towards tge end of the day.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that all will be happy n the issue resolved when the time slips are posted ; that is the bottom line. The rest is great to hear, but lets see the proof, where are the time slips ??????

:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:

Scotty

I'm looking at my timeslip. It's right in front of me. There is no issue. Don't worry - be happy.

Makes you wonder what time he'd do in one of the formula cars?

Or is the contention that the 350 can outhandle the formula cars that much better?

Not being stupid, just doing research thats all...;@)

Glad you guys had a stellar event...Gary was the only car that was in my rearview at the Bash in a GT/SC ....

But then he'd better be or SA would need a new test pilot.

I might try that...I am cooking up something for the 1/4 that involves a BB, A blower, fiberglass panels, a 9 inch and a straight axle...4 speed muncie...

Thanks for the advice Scotty I really appreciate it, I also think I'd need a new clutch first however...how its lasted this long I have no idea...;@)

slip.JPG

I was car #37, and this was the 2nd run of the night. (Left side of the slip)

Reaction was horrible, and the clutch pedal stayed in on the shift between 3rd and 4th....literally coasted through the traps as I nver got it to release until I was right on the trap....

The FR500s were passed too, but one of them was being driven by a driver not of Gary's ability, but the other was a really good driver who also ones that one off Sonic Blue Ford GT. Gino, hey is a great guy! I would love to see what Gary could do in the formula cars!

slip.JPG

The formula cars give up about 400 HP to the 350's! They run about 200hp I think, but only weigh about 1300 lbs if I remember correctly. I don't think Gary would be able to shave much if anything off the 57 second time as that was a Roos instructor and those guys are stupid fast. I did a ride along with JT in a chevy malibu in the rain while he was talking to me about the track. I didn't time him, but I would guess that it was a low 70's sec lap. I had white knuckles when I got out of the car for sure!

Next week, I go to Alaska, my car goes to the spa....new body parts, new clutch, new license plate, and a whole new can of whoop to get ready for Mid America!happy%20feet.gif

Im looking for 18" wheels and MT drags if anyone knows someone selling theirs....otherwise, Im buying new June 1st.:shift::spend::peelout:

Do you have the 12.5 @ 129mph slip....

I am not a sophisticated drag racer and very inexperienced at it, but I am trying to learn as I am building a 1/4 mile car now so these times and MPH numbers I find rather interesting....

Cheers!

Lost 4/10s just in rea tion time, so while my car was faster, I had a lapse of concentration and blew the tree.

I will tell you, it's not about mashing right pedal down and shifting quickly. Much more to it, and different for every car.

I looked for the 129 mph slip, but it wasn't with the others. I didn't throw anything away, so if I can find it, I will post it, but I think you can take my word for it...a 12.5 is not a surprising or once in a lifetime run.

No not at all but a 12.5 at 129 is...would love to see the 60ft etc... That car hauls it!

So you must have got a good R/T and hook on the 129 run miss the shift and coast through at 12.5 and 129.

Drag radials are gonna be cool on your 350.

Like I said I am no expert...just trying to guess where my 1/4 miler will end up and learning the slips info is my new hobby as I dig it.

I love the real world data...Hot Rod or whatever got a 13.0 in. GT/SC but we know they go faster...;@)

do you guys use an online calculator for estimated times by weight and HP etc...

If so which one?

Yes, but when I posted about it I got flamed :extinguish::hysterical:

You can google it, just be careful where you post that theretical info as some people are only interested in time slips. :hysterical2:

:poke::poke::poke:

:hide:

You can google it, just be careful where you post that theretical info as some people are only interested in time slips. :hysterical2:

:poke: :poke: :poke:

Has anyone ran 12.00 flat like motortrend advertised in the magazine?

I have no doubt that car is capable, but, unfortunately, no. McLeod Clutch goes in while Im on vacation next week, so, after that, there should be a 350 breaking 11s. I dont think 10s are going to happen without DRs though. Capable or not, tires are key.

:poke::poke::poke:

:rolleyes: OK repeat after me: I will not use a simulator, insinuate thats what I ran, have no proof and post that I ran that time on the track on TS in my new 350...:beatdeadhorse: .

Here in the PNW we call that pretending...of course after suffering countless years with Texas politicians (cowboys) who knows what happens in Texas or is that Yale? :confused:

And yet here we have the same situation...Warren posts that he ran a 12.5 @129mph...while he "missed a shift and coasted through the trap"....

when called out on it (or flamed to your point of view) he can produce a slip at 115 at 12.3.

But this one run he did what 140 mph in the 1/4 and then "coasted" down to 129mph at the trap?

And then only managed a 12.5 time as he did not hook up and then did and then did not due to a slipping clutch all in the span of 1/4 mile?

reread the very first post on this thread and post that slip....:extinguish:

For a guy who does not know much about 1/4 mile time slips (me) its sure sounds like one thing especially after you posted a poser time once before:

BULLSHIT.:koolaid:

:poke:

"I dont think people care much for the formula, but the speed I hit at the trap is exciting, and I was coasting a full second waiting for my pedal to engage." -Warren's post...

at 129mph through the trap....but the best slip posted is 115 @ 12.3 yeah ok.... rrrriiiiiiigggghhhhhhhttttttt.

I will apologize fully if I am wrong but this info does not make sense to me....

now Lawdude's signature shows a 10.9 at 130....that makes sense and even though he is a lawyer (sorry could not resist) we have no reason to doubt that info....:hysterical: unless of course he works for the DA's office...

edit: to add the bold type above...

:poke:

"I dont think people care much for the formula, but the speed I hit at the trap is exciting, and I was coasting a full second waiting for my pedal to engage." -Warren's post...

at 129mph through the trap....but the best slip posted is 115 @ 12.3 yeah ok.... rrrriiiiiiigggghhhhhhhttttttt.

I will apologize fully if I am wrong but this info does not make sense to me....

now Lawdude's signature shows a 10.9 at 130....that makes sense and even though he is a lawyer (sorry could not resist) we have no reason to doubt that info....:hysterical: unless of course he works for the DA's office...

edit: to add the bold type above...

:beatdeadhorse:

No not at all but a 12.5 at 129 is...would love to see the 60ft etc... That car hauls it!

So you must have got a good R/T and hook on the 129 run miss the shift and coast through at 12.5 and 129.

Drag radials are gonna be cool on your 350.

Like I said I am no expert...just trying to guess where my 1/4 miler will end up and learning the slips info is my new hobby as I dig it.

I love the real world data...Hot Rod or whatever got a 13.0 in. GT/SC but we know they go faster...;@)

I remember my reaction time being about .400, and the 60 ft was 2.2...I ran 2.2 or about there for every run...that didnt change. the 129 mph was due to tire spin off the line, which actualy hurts the 1/4 mile time. 1/4 mile is all about the first 1000 ft, after that, everybody is doing triple digits...

Yeah you're right about that....sorry...maybe I'll ask my wife she's good at math and went to school....she's the one wearing the helmet in her school pic below...

IMGP1384.JPG

Post the marraige certificate or I call BS. :hysterical: I may also need to see a better picture so I can tell it is really her in the helmet. :hysterical2:

BTW - the name is SEAN. Even Chad can remember it.

I remember my reaction time being about .400, and the 60 ft was 2.2...I ran 2.2 or about there for every run...that didnt change. the 129 mph was due to tire spin off the line, which actualy hurts the 1/4 mile time. 1/4 mile is all about the first 1000 ft, after that, everybody is doing triple digits...

And here I thought that the 1/4 mile is all about the first 1320 feet.

First 1000 feet is for NHRA as thats where their 1/4 mile ends now. :headscratch:

Post the marraige certificate or I call BS. :hysterical: I may also need to see a better picture so I can tell it is really her in the helmet. :hysterical2:

BTW - the name is SEAN. Even Chad can remember it.

its right next to the 129mph slip....:lurk:

Why would my brother have a picture of your wife next to his drag slip?

:boring:

Ok Sean...I stepped over these to take the next two pictures of pictures in my toolbox lid...for size reference the valve covers are for a BB Chev...

post-9886-0-11272600-1305955969_thumb.jpg

So you can CSI out notice my wife has the same helmet and shoes as in the picture where she is climbing into the dragster...I am the guy next to her in the size 13 steel toed Danner boots...(made in the USA!)

post-9886-0-73756800-1305955968_thumb.jpg

This is another picture next to the last one of her old daily driver for many years, I built it for her bolt by bolt and after replacing both 1/4 panels, rear window valance, windshield frame patched formed by me and other metal patchwork by me with my welder in a two car garage I painted it myself in the same garage...she smoked a lot of cars in that rig...

post-9886-0-33059000-1305955968_thumb.jpg

I asked her for our wedding certificate to post for you but she told me to take a picture of her hand...and then she showed me her wedding ring with that and the other three fingers folded with the finger next to the ring finger sticking straight up and her thumb pointed straight out...

As this is a family forum I did not post it...gotta watch those East Coast Girls...

As I have seen her and you both drive, I might wager that she could outdrive you and Warren...but thats another story...

Let me know when you get the 10.49 I'll buy you and Warren a wonderful congratulatory gift...Cheers!

post-9886-0-33059000-1305955968_thumb.jpg

post-9886-0-73756800-1305955968_thumb.jpg

post-9886-0-11272600-1305955969_thumb.jpg

Archived