TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Took my car to the dragstrip last night...but

Okay Randy, you can win the pissing contest. It comes with a great prize.

You two guys should take out your frustration on the race track. I have been entertained listening to this bullshit.

Kris

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you post a timeslip the BS stops Kris.

Motortrend has some tests but they seem to be off as well.

How a Boss with almost 200 less HP runs a tenth faster in th quarter than a 350 makes no sense to me.

Randy is right Kris. This site isn't for discussion, just posting valid timeslips. We can't talk aboit how much fun we have driving our cars or get exciting thinking about how our cars perform, because that would be enjoyable. Being able to guess what our expectations are, obviously is reserved for other places in the Internet universe.

Oddly enough, there are plenty of these kind of projection statements all through the SGT area, but I guess I missed the fine print where discussing performance was reserved for them.

No sweat, I don't need to share my experiences on here. I just thought it would be useful to read about my experiences and performance estimates, but Randy just wants to know what the weather was yesterday, not the forecast for tomorrow because that would be guessing blindly.

Randy is right Kris. This site isn't for discussion, just posting valid timeslips. We can't talk aboit how much fun we have driving our cars or get exciting thinking about how our cars perform, because that would be enjoyable. Being able to guess what our expectations are, obviously is reserved for other places in the Internet universe.

Oddly enough, there are plenty of these kind of projection statements all through the SGT area, but I guess I missed the fine print where discussing performance was reserved for them.

No sweat, I don't need to share my experiences on here. I just thought it would be useful to read about my experiences and performance estimates, but Randy just wants to know what the weather was yesterday, not the forecast for tomorrow because that would be guessing blindly.

Please do not stop sharing your experiences with your GT350. I am a fellow GT350 owner and I have benefited greatly from your post, new threads, and your videos. Let's face it, we are all car fanatics, at least I am, and we need to enjoy and LEARN from other's purchases, modifications, and most importantly their experiences in driving their cars and sharing the fun that they had. I look forward to reading your future GT350 experiences.

and actually some data would help Warren, if anyone remembers correctly Warrens first post about 1/4 mile times he tried to imply he actually ran on a track, but in reality he used a simulator.

Given that history asking for time slip does not seem unreasonable...

either way. I dont really care anymire BS all you want. When you post. slip I will believe your times...

anybidt see Obamas birth certificate.

Warren I can't wait for you to get a new clutch in and then see how your car grabs. The GT350 is built more for the road course so thats where it really will shine but it's still awesome on the strip. It will be nice to see you at Tulsa this summer you can have Sean take a photo at Tulsa of your GT350 on the strip with the time and the car all in one photo that should turn all nonbelievers into believers........:beerchug:

Obama and Trump.....LOL.... that was funny. :cheerleader::grouphug::kiss: Sorry Man I couldn't resist :worm:

Warren I can't wait for you to get a new clutch in and then see how your car grabs. The GT350 is built more for the road course so thats where it really will shine but it's still awesome on the strip. It will be nice to see you at Tulsa this summer you can have Sean take a photo at Tulsa of your GT350 on the strip with the time and the car all in one photo that should turn all nonbelievers into believers........:beerchug:

Obama and Trump.....LOL.... that was funny. :cheerleader::grouphug::kiss: Sorry Man I couldn't resist :worm:

I'm impressed with all of testing and driving warren is doing. Most people will never take the 350 out of the garage, and it seems like warren drives it like he stole it. The good news is the USA just killed bin laden....... Now that is awesome....

I'm impressed with all of testing and driving warren is doing. Most people will never take the 350 out of the garage, and it seems like warren drives it like he stole it. The good news is the USA just killed bin laden....... Now that is awesome....

Agree on both points.

Thanks guys, I do drive it like I stole it! With our Pocono event coming up day after tomorrow, Im not going to be able to do anything about the clutch for a while. As soon as I get back from there, I have to turn around and go to Seattle --> Alaska --> Seattle and dont even get back until Memorial day, so hopefully I will get everything done with enough time to hit the drags BEFORE Mid America. I certainly dont want to go all the way up there and have something else be a problem.

I just installed the McLeod clutch and aluminum flywheel. We should know by around 5:00 Friday how the setup handled a few hundred laps around Pocono. Either way, I enjoying a few adult beverages with my TS friends. Safe travels Warren and crew - see you Wednesday.

I just installed the McLeod clutch and aluminum flywheel. We should know by around 5:00 Friday how the setup handled a few hundred laps around Pocono. Either way, I enjoying a few adult beverages with my TS friends. Safe travels Warren and crew - see you Wednesday.

Tony,

Did you tear the clutch out of your car by running it to hard? Or did you change it so you dont have trouble later? Will the flywheel make the car rev faster to give you more performance?

Thanks for the Info.

Kris

Tony,

Did you tear the clutch out of your car by running it to hard? No. Clutch was good. Besides, I have not really gotten on the car hard yet. Remember I have only had the car in my garage 6 weeks since getting her home November 20th.

Or did you change it so you dont have trouble later? The stock clutch was never designed to handle hp in the 650-680 range.

Will the flywheel make the car rev faster to give you more performance? Decreasing flywheel weight helps the power flow more freely by the decreasing inertia. Also helps with smoother healt/toe downshifts.

Oh and BTW, it was built for the abuses realized on the track.

Thanks for the Info.

Kris

Here is what I think, if anyone cares:

1) If you talking smack about 1/4 mile times....you need to post the slip, where is it? I can say if you don't post the slip your probably......well you know. I mean what is the big deal about posting the slip.....nothing. So post it or talk about the fun your having in the car, but do not talk about 12.3 times with a bad shift/clutch, just post the slip with your car and it is over.

2) LS Boss does get better times according to the C & D article, I do not get that or agree with it at all. I hate that magazine. ;)

Edited:

How about this alternative- you guys that don't want to hear about us 350 guys sharing our thoughts and opinions go back to your area of the forum and leave us to discuss whatever we like. Personally, I don't care if you or anyone else thinks the 350 won't break 14 seconds. I don't loose sleep at night worrying what other people think about my car, but few of us have them, and fewer do any tracking with them. In my humbly low credited opinion, SOME owners are getting value from what is being discussed, and value from limitations and issues with the car that I openly and freely share. Why don't you ask attendees of Pocono what they think of the 350s since there were 2 out there running against shelbys of all sorts. ( and even a GT-R )

Or ask how it did against the 2 FR500s out there.

How about this alternative- you guys that don't want to hear about us 350 guys sharing our thoughts and opinions go back to your area of the forum and leave us to discuss whatever we like. Personally, I don't care if you or anyone else thinks the 350 won't break 14 seconds. I don't loose sleep at night worrying what other people think about my car, but few of us have them, and fewer do any tracking with them. In my humbly low credited opinion, SOME owners are getting value from what is being discussed, and value from limitations and issues with the car that I openly and freely share. Why don't you ask attendees of Pocono what they think of the 350s since there were 2 out there running against shelbys of all sorts. ( and even a GT-R )

Or ask how it did against the 2 FR500s out there.

Warren we are enjoying you, enjoying your car, and we enjoy our cars as well....BUT....at one point you posted a BS time....so if you can just post the slip it would help us all figure out why everyones times are all over the map, magazines, other drivers, boss times...gt/sc times etc........BFD...so what was your 60' and R/T....stuff like that...

No one is saying your car sucks...NO ONE!!!! We love the dang things.....we are just like you SHELBY enthusiasts!!!! So we LIKE DATA.....it helps us figure stuff out in the real world....

Also if I did not have to drive 2100 miles to make Tulsa each way...I'd race you for a dollar...I'm still saying Chad gets ya buddy...but you guys are going to have a blast at Tulsa I guarantee it....

Chad will need to put on the FRPP dampers at minimum though as he is running a vert with the vert springs and dampeners from a stock GT vert....DATA again which as us old forum regulars remember from when the verts were released by SAI they did not have the FRPP parts on the cars....

Again why you are so stingy with the slips I have no idea...but either way keep posting...its great to read and I am enjoying it!

And driving them is THE only way...be proud of that my friend...

I think that all will be happy n the issue resolved when the time slips are posted ; that is the bottom line. The rest is great to hear, but lets see the proof, where are the time slips ??????

:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:

Scotty

My quickest time was 10.985. I've trapped over 132 several times.

Thats getting down!!! happy%20feet.gif

So you know how hard it would be to achieve a 10.49....

Here's my best slip with the GT/SC on the street tires with the 550 kit from SA....

post-9886-0-25407000-1304905580_thumb.jpg

Not great but the best I could do in that car...

edit I was on the left...the right was a corvette....

Thats getting down!!! happy%20feet.gif

So you know how hard it would be to achieve a 10.49....

Here's my best slip with the GT/SC on the street tires with the 550 kit from SA....

Not great but the best I could do in that car...

edit I was on the left...the right was a corvette....

Not bad at all and if you can get some 18" stock GT500 wheels with some 305/45/18 Mickey Thompson ET drag radial and air them down to 15-16 psi you should be able to run 1.6-1.7 60 ft. Times you should easily be in the mid to lower 11 second area.

Scotty

Archived