TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Original Mustang "GTS"

Grabber

Take a look at the build sheet on the 1996 Mustang I bought a few years ago. Note that it says "GTS" at the bottom of the build sheet under the REMARKS. Funny how it says it 3 times.

MustangGTarrival7-14-08047.jpg

MustangGTarrival7-14-08044.jpg

054.jpg

Ford did away with the GTS designation in 1996, replacing it with the 248A package. This package continued to be offered until the end of the 1998 model year. As of late, Ford does not plan to offer a stripped version of the current Mustang GT.

Check this link out:

http://quannet.org/corey/gtsinfo.html

Don't see it on the window sticker :shrug:

Rob, is there any exterior or interior GTS identification on the vehicle?

Roger

Roger,

The 'GTS" package is not noted on my window sticker, it is on the bottom of my build sheet under the Remarks area. The GTS was not a logo on the cars, it was a "package" that you ordered. The "package" was offered in 1995 as a GTS package and then in 1996 they called it the 248A package and that is listed on my window sticker for my 1996. Not sure why they did not start calling it a 248A on the build sheet, but it's kind of cool that it says GTS on my build sheet. The GTS package is a rare package.

Read the info on this link for detailed info on the GTS package:

http://quannet.org/corey/gtsinfo.html

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the GTS. I had one and should have never let it go. However I see that yours has a spoiler. Did you add it? Never mind, I see that it was added on the sticker. Interesting. I didn't think that you could add the spoiler. That one must be real rare, I don't think that I've ever seen that as an added option. Very nice car!

• 4 weeks later...

I loved the GTS. I had one and should have never let it go. However I see that yours has a spoiler. Did you add it? Never mind, I see that it was added on the sticker. Interesting. I didn't think that you could add the spoiler. That one must be real rare, I don't think that I've ever seen that as an added option. Very nice car!

Thank you. It is a very nice car.

When the FR500C came out, I was really excited. I thought it was a stripped down Mustang, ready to go racing with; a car that you added things onto, instead of taking them off for performances sake. Then I found out it didn't come with a 17 digit VIN and wasn't street legal. I was very bummed that week.

Greg

Archived