TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SOS A-Pillar Gauge Pod

ASO544

Thinking of putting a SOS A-Pillar Double Gauge Pod w/claw for a Shift Light on my 2011 Shelby. Pretty sure Im gonna put a Autometer D-PIC in one of the slots ( I have a G-tech I use in my chevelle and love it) but not sure of the other Cobalt gauge yet. What would be the easiest guage to hook up (as I will do it myself and have limited abilities I'm sure) that would be usuful?

Thought about the Triple Pod but seems like they would be right in your face. Also, I wonder if you could rig a kill switch to turn off the gauge lights for long drives?

thanks,

aso

Thinking of putting a SOS A-Pillar Double Gauge Pod w/claw for a Shift Light on my 2011 Shelby. Pretty sure Im gonna put a Autometer D-PIC in one of the slots ( I have a G-tech I use in my chevelle and love it) but not sure of the other Cobalt gauge yet. What would be the easiest guage to hook up (as I will do it myself and have limited abilities I'm sure) that would be usuful?

Thought about the Triple Pod but seems like they would be right in your face. Also, I wonder if you could rig a kill switch to turn off the gauge lights for long drives?

thanks,

aso

Great idea on the cutoff switch for the DPIC. I read the instructions for the DPIC that Autometer has on their site, you can wire it so it is half-bright when the lights are on, but I'd go with a cut-off switch.

If you've only got one pod left after that, I'd consider an Aeroforce Interceptor. You just plug it into the OBD port. They now read wideband A/F ratio right off the 2011-and-later OBD port. You will need a sender if you want oil pressure or boost. with the Aeroforce..

• 11 months later...

I have the zpod but ordered the three gauge pillar pod with shift light. I will put the two AreoForce gauges in there from the zpod and then I purchased a vaccum based boost gauge so I can get a more accurate read on things. The AreoForce gauges are nice, contain a ton of data and are simple to install but my eyes just suck so I can't drive and really get a lot of useful input from them. Anyone know if there are multiple function single display gauges out there with a larger "font"?

Sorry for the bad picture. I had concerns about the triple SOS pod obstructing view. I have had mine installed for a month now. It is perfect! No issues what so ever.

The led light gauges look awesome, especially at night. The picture is blurry - they look much better than this.

I went with Autometer Elite Gauges (Boost, Fuel P, Oil P). These are very nice (set low and high warning points that turn the gauges different colors. If you exceed warning point by 10% all three gauges begin to flash. I went with the aeroforce in the roush vent pod.

DSC01561.jpg

Mine arrived today. I started to put it together but it seem slike it will take longer than I anticipated. Not the best with eletricity so the boost gauge and shift light will be a challenge.

Archived