TEAM SHELBY FORUM

US Economy to Fall to China in 2016?

I don't see it happening. They have way to many problems, way to many People, and not enough Money.

I pray your right we seem to be going in the wrong direction things really need to change soon.. :spend::spend:

Just take a look around you right now..................................see where there made.

I'm American, now living in Shanghai, China for the past 7 months. i have a lot to say on this subject, but will keep it short to these bullet points;

1. China is full of nothing more than mindless robots that can only think up to first base, at best. I deal with it every single day. The super rich Chinese you hear about are less than .0001 percent of the population.

2. It's your own fault for buying Chinese crap at WalMart. Seriously, pay the extra 10% or 20% and buy from USA or non-China made products. You can find them.

3. There is a bell curve here nobody talks about. China can not sustain this growth. There's just not enough natural resources here to do it. Half of the food is imported, as an example.

4. Social issues have already hit China, as you would expect, from having a little money in their pockets. High divorce rates, personal debt issues, low moral character, etc.

5. The one child policy has caused a serious problem. One child to support a wife, her parents and his parents. Figure that one out...

6. Even here they don't buy China branded products. They rather spend their hard earned money on higher quality items from Japan, Korea or US. Only US and Europe buy their cheap products.

7. China has an Import tax of 3% and a VAT of 17%. That's a 20% on incoming products. Yet, the USA has no protections, except car tires, when it comes to inbound China products. There's your trade deficit. If we would charge 20% or more, I think you'd see more jobs coming back to the States.

8. If you recall, in the 90's, South East Asia was the place to make cheap stuff (aka Nike shoes in Indonesia). Now it's China. Yet the new talk is Vietnam, and Eastern Europe as the new frontier. Chinese pay is getting too high for some products and those jobs are going elsewhere. So rejoice in that.....

I'm American, now living in Shanghai, China for the past 7 months. i have a lot to say on this subject, but will keep it short to these bullet points;

1. China is full of nothing more than mindless robots that can only think up to first base, at best. I deal with it every single day. The super rich Chinese you hear about are less than .0001 percent of the population.

2. It's your own fault for buying Chinese crap at WalMart. Seriously, pay the extra 10% or 20% and buy from USA or non-China made products. You can find them.

3. There is a bell curve here nobody talks about. China can not sustain this growth. There's just not enough natural resources here to do it. Half of the food is imported, as an example.

4. Social issues have already hit China, as you would expect, from having a little money in their pockets. High divorce rates, personal debt issues, low moral character, etc.

5. The one child policy has caused a serious problem. One child to support a wife, her parents and his parents. Figure that one out...

6. Even here they don't buy China branded products. They rather spend their hard earned money on higher quality items from Japan, Korea or US. Only US and Europe buy their cheap products.

7. China has an Import tax of 3% and a VAT of 17%. That's a 20% on incoming products. Yet, the USA has no protections, except car tires, when it comes to inbound China products. There's your trade deficit. If we would charge 20% or more, I think you'd see more jobs coming back to the States.

8. If you recall, in the 90's, South East Asia was the place to make cheap stuff (aka Nike shoes in Indonesia). Now it's China. Yet the new talk is Vietnam, and Eastern Europe as the new frontier. Chinese pay is getting too high for some products and those jobs are going elsewhere. So rejoice in that.....

Wow Emailcm, thanks for the info.

You heard it guys, straight from our own, living in China.

I teach about 120 college students each semester. Most have families. Most can't afford to follow this rule. (including me) Have you tried to price clothes and furniture made in the USA?

I bought USA made clothes from Lands End and LL Bean for years. Both of them now sell imported clothes exclusively. You say 10-20 percent higher for USA made clothes. Where?

Sad - but true.

I teach about 120 college students each semester. Most have families. Most can't afford to follow this rule. (including me) Have you tried to price clothes and furniture made in the USA?

I bought USA made clothes from Lands End and LL Bean for years. Both of them now sell imported clothes exclusively. You say 10-20 percent higher for USA made clothes. Where?

Sad - but true.

Those same Students can easily afford their College Tuitions?????? :hysterical:

Archived