TEAM SHELBY FORUM

car battery warranty

09vistablue

Just went to top up my battery to get my car ready this week and it is toast, won't take a charge and orange indicator in the window. The battery has 5000 km's on it and my car still has warranty for one more year. Is it covered under warranty? or too bad so sad ?. Kinda weird as it was stored in a heated garage, and trickle charged every 6 weeks since putting it away in October. Anyone know if it is covered and has anyone had similar problems ??

It may be covered under the Ford warranty 3 years / 36000 miles; you'll need to check the owner's manual on that one, though. I'm thinking batteries aren't covered but hopefully I'm wrong!

It should be..................our dealer replaced ours under warranty

Its covered 3/36

thanks, so I contacted my dealership, the morons won't replace the battery unless I tow my car in to them so they can run a bunch of tests. Basically they want me to use roadside assistance which probably would be like a 200 dollar tow bill to replace probably an $ 60.00 battery wow that makes a lot of sense and good economics.

You are supposed to get free roadside from ford. I had to have my car towed, and it was 100% free. Sorry it took so long to reply, I had to figure out what a km was.:hysterical:

too funny, i get the free roadside it's the point that i have to get it towed just to get the battery replaced which i could drop off and pick up without the tow. also have to worry about the tow truck driver bottoming out my car on the load and unload, I think I may just spend the 100 bucks for the battery and be done with it, plus they said it would be there two to three days.

Yes, that may be easier, but do you know for sure that you do not have another problem? Not very normal for a battery to completely fail like that with so few km's and if you have had a charger on it. It can happen, but not real normal. So maybe there is an issue somewhere else in your system that you should have checked out while you still have a warranty? Just a thought.

Yes, that may be easier, but do you know for sure that you do not have another problem? Not very normal for a battery to completely fail like that with so few km's and if you have had a charger on it. It can happen, but not real normal. So maybe there is an issue somewhere else in your system that you should have checked out while you still have a warranty? Just a thought.

When you put it that way might be worth having it towed they can fix the rear bumper clips at the same time.

Archived