TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Mod done on the Shelby!

Wicked_SVT

I finally made my first modification on my 2011 Shelby. I have had the car since July 2010. I added the FRPP resonator eliminator and an AirRaid filter. The install wasn't too bad but i swear that all the stock parts were super glued together as I had a hard time pulling them apart. I am a little disappointed with the resonator eliminator. The supercharger is slightly louder but wasn't a big difference. I expect the supercharger will be louder soon since I am placing my order Monday for the VMP 2.59 pulley and tune! The mod bug has started!

Here is a pic after the install.

post-28416-0-68330700-1303613364_thumb.jpg

post-28416-0-68330700-1303613364_thumb.jpg

The whine from the super charger will be a great bit louder once you install the VMP pulley. The only bad thing I have found with doing mods on these cars is the louder and faster it gets the more you want to push the loud pedal. I guess we can all be grateful that we are addicted to cars and mods and not something else.

V/R,

James :shift:

how much of a difference in performance have you seen with the AirRaid filter. A guy at the Fords Fabulous Forever car show recommended it to me (he had it on his 2011) but i haven't had time to research it

how much of a difference in performance have you seen with the AirRaid filter. A guy at the Fords Fabulous Forever car show recommended it to me (he had it on his 2011) but i haven't had time to research it

Im sure it picked up a horse or two but not enough that you will really feel a difference. I think it is still worth getting though. Definatley makes the engine bay look a little nicer.

Archived