TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT/SC in June /2011 Muscle Mustangs

springer

I just received my June 2011 issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords and was amazed to see my car in a photo taken at Shelby American. After the initial excitement wore down, and I realized the article wasn't about my car, I still felt honored to see my car in the photo and the magazine. Since this magazine featured articles and tech info on "muscle Mustangs and fast Fords," my GT/SC definitely qualified under both accounts. :shift:

post-26281-0-29673800-1303610529_thumb.jpg

post-26281-0-29673800-1303610529_thumb.jpg

I just received my June 2011 issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords and was amazed to see my car in a photo taken at Shelby American. After the initial excitement wore down, and I realized the article wasn't about my car, I still felt honored to see my car in the photo and the magazine. Since this magazine featured articles and tech info on "muscle Mustangs and fast Fords," my GT/SC definitely qualified under both accounts. :shift:

Very cool! They should have mentioned you have the only Hot Rod Engine installed at SAI with supercharger.Congrats on picture.

Very cool, that is a keeper.

PS: Shelby GT/SC #1182 with the new 550 Whipple dropped a whopping 516 RWHP at SA last week. The highest ever recorded for a GT/SC..........yes this was my car! I should be getting it back in a few weeks will post pics.

Swedeman, nice run. My best run on the dyno - by Gil - was 516.97 hp, 494.79 torque. This was on 1/11/2010 at NRP. Also, this was before my Revan heat exchanger was installed and my new tune. :redcard: I've had it dynoed three or four times and the numbers are never the same. There are many factors that play on the final numbers, to include ambient temperature, engine temperature, relative humidity to name a few. Sometimes I believe there is also some "witchcraft' involved. :rant2: All-in-all, breaking 500 hp is a tough nut. Where did the torque end up on the 516 hp dyno? The hp number is figured by a formula, the torque is what the dyno measures. I had another dyno run by Gil that came back at 503.15 hp and 494.09 torque. This is basically the same as my 516.97 hp run as far as the torque goes, but the hp is rated at 14 less. I think this was the run where the 'witchcraft" came into play!!!

Archived