89hoss

i love my SGT. I Love My SGT.

So Say We All....

I love my SGT!

Jer

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also Warren could not lap a SGT/SC. Promise you that.

You guys in TX toss a lot of smack around that defies the laws of automotive physics that guys that have been building and driving fast cars for 25 years or more might not understand. The last car I built for my wife could go sideways at 80mph with only about 400hp on BFG's mounted on 12 inch wide rims...the point was not to go sideways and to just go fast...HP don't mean squat if ya can't get it to the ground and/or drive....

Is the GT350 amazing YES, happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

but lets stay in the real world unlike when you guys posted the estimated ET from a computer simulator, that kind of stuff does no one any good...

edit: Also Warren ALL the cars behind you passed you when you spun out at the Bash....so technically you did get passed...:hysterical:

Thank you! I've been reading through numerous pages of how cars can go sideways and stuff but until I read your post did not read about a car actually getting grip.

I have a wee 4.6 2 Valve that puts down 1.39 60' times and runs bottom 10's high 9's with a 3650 in it. Also have a Whipple GT500 that I've run 11.1@131 on stock Goodyears. I can assure you both cars aren't spinning off the line.

Smoke shows are beautiful and I love doing them....................just not when I'm racing.

On a side note, these Shelby debates are the same ones from back in 07. yawn......

So rather than getting into the debates all over again I just bought a Boss :)

Love it great times....what I cannot understand from the magazine tests is how is the Boss able to get a 12.4 1/4 mile slip with 444 HP, is the new chassis that much better?

Will have to let you know once I get the car. Just got my VIN. :yahoo:

i love my SGT. I Love My SGT.

So Say We All....

And why not? I say that everytime I have the pleasure of sliding into my SGT/SC, excitedly turning the key and hearing it respond with a deep growl! How about everytime I drive it and fly past someone with such little effort? How about everytime I gaze at it? I don't have to be reminded: I really love my SGT/SC! :dreamy:

And why not? I say that everytime I have the pleasure of sliding into my SGT/SC, excitedly turning the key and hearing it respond with a deep growl! How about everytime I drive it and fly past someone with such little effort? How about everytime I gaze at it? I don't have to be reminded: I really love my SGT/SC! :dreamy:

Nice!!!!!

Jer

Congrats on your Boss Paul! When you get it?

Did you ever get the hood on the 500 painted yet?

cya in Tulsa!

Hey Sherri

Originally was supposed to have it around the end of May but apparently there's been a few delays so it's looking like sometime in June or ?????

Yes I finally got the hood painted................but the colour is off so I need to take it back again. One of these days my car will have stripes back on the hood. ;)

Hey Sherri

Originally was supposed to have it around the end of May but apparently there's been a few delays so it's looking like sometime in June or ?????

Yes I finally got the hood painted................but the colour is off so I need to take it back again. One of these days my car will have stripes back on the hood. ;)

Hey Paul,

good luck with getting that paint matched..lol

There are tens of thousands of shades of white and I don't know what Ford puts in this particular one but anyone I have ever known trying to match this paint has had a terrible time including myself and a few other TS members.

I had my CS6 parts painted by a few different shops and one painted some items four times without any luck.

Then Car Star in Barrie had some type of paint expert come in with a device that sampled the paint or something like that and they finally got it exceptionally close to the original.

Any plastic or fibreglass parts will always look a little off even on a factory vehicle.

BTW..any more thoughts on Woodward ?

Hey Paul,

good luck with getting that paint matched..lol

There are tens of thousands of shades of white and I don't know what Ford puts in this particular one but anyone I have ever known trying to match this paint has had a terrible time including myself and a few other TS members.

I had my CS6 parts painted by a few different shops and one painted some items four times without any luck.

Then Car Star in Barrie had some type of paint expert come in with a device that sampled the paint or something like that and they finally got it exceptionally close to the original.

Any plastic or fibreglass parts will always look a little off even on a factory vehicle.

SAI painted some stuff for me, got it matched very well.

Jer

When I first read about the GTS I didn't know what to make of it either. But after seeing it is a post-title car, I don't worry. Our SGTs are PRE-title cars. Shelby only bought and built a certain number of S197 body Mustangs from Ford before they were sold to the public. They are Shelby's from day one. That is where the value lies.

Archived