TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Very confused and disappointed!!

89hoss

Now I'm very pissed! The sales guy told me my car will tripple its value since it is limited edition!!! I mean he also told me that an 06 GT500 sold for half a mil some time ago at the BJ Auction!! He told me that the best move is to buy one and store it in the garage and drive it ocassionaly to preserve its value. I thought the sales guy was my friend :angry22:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 1987 Shelby GLHS is one of only 1000 of these cars ever made, it's actually a 1 of 2 cars that was optioned in red, If I could get sticker price for it ($12,995.) I'd be pretty stoked! I didn't buy it for equity, heck I was 19, doubt I even knew the word back then! I bought it to drive it, and enjoy it, I have and I do. It kicks a$$ some of you have seen it at the TS Vegas events, the resale value is soooo far down on my list of why I have kept the car nearly 25 years...

Alan

Hey Michael!

And it shouldn't! I don't love my SGT any less...it's just "different" I guess. I'm still struggling with the decision but I do love the 5.0, the new interior, My Ford Touch, etc., so now I have an option! I think that's good!

BTW....24,000+ posts?

you_have_abandoned_your_judgment_trollcat.jpg

:hysterical:

You trying to be funny? I got a GT/SC and will be glad to embarrass you in your GT350

I just think your post was misinformed. You stated it is just a mustang with badges and stripes, and yet being very familiar with the SGT and looking at the mods done to the GTS, I see just as many, if not more mods done to the GTS as the SGT, so yeah, I got funny about it. Keep in mind that the GTS package can be put on the 5.0 as well, so if you are thinking a 4.6 is going to outperform a 5.0, you are crazy. The 5.4 stock has a hard time outperforming the 5.0. I have a GT500, a GT350, and my brother has the SGT. All great cars, but I think I can speak from seat time experience in all three you cant.

Now, since you wanna throw it out there, I'll be your huckleberry anytime! You may have a GT/SC, but I bet you arent a HP over 540 on your best day, and I am sitting at 730 on my GT350. Good luck with that. I have tracked against supersnakes, kr's, SGT's, and even a couple GT/SCs, and not a single car passed mine, and that was 100HP less for my 350 at the time. (I have also spent time on the track with many many other non ford cars too, and I will just leave it with- anyone that has seen the GT350 perform on the track knows what it can do.)

Come to Mid America, or a vegas bash, or Pocono in two weeks...I'd love to see you race! Dont get me wrong on my reply either, I love them all, but i will say again that it is reckless and misinformed of you to claim SA slapped a couple badges and stripes on a stock mustang and called it the GTS. -unless that is what you think of all of the builds :redcard:

So what i can tell, is that the CS6 guys got screwed again, because their car still have no CSM and our an aftermarket Mod.....kinda like the GTS.

Value of a Shelby as an Investment? get a life guys, you want value, you need to get a 60's Shelby!! I love both my cars, and this is why I am doing my own supercharger install, sending it to SAI for a "authenticity" of being supercharged by them is a waist of money, because in my opinion, it wont make the car worth any more.

I have 2 car dreams, one is owning a Shelby (completed), second is owning a 60's era Shelby (maybe one day) and third is owning a Ferrari (I have to dream)

So what i can tell, is that the CS6 guys got screwed again, because their car still have no CSM and our an aftermarket Mod.....kinda like the GTS.

Value of a Shelby as an Investment? get a life guys, you want value, you need to get a 60's Shelby!! I love both my cars, and this is why I am doing my own supercharger install, sending it to SAI for a "authenticity" of being supercharged by them is a waist of money, because in my opinion, it wont make the car worth any more.

I have 2 car dreams, one is owning a Shelby (completed), second is owning a 60's era Shelby (maybe one day) and third is owning a Ferrari (I have to dream)

The GTS is a Shelby post title up-fit package and will carry a CSM number.

Btw..neither my CS6 or my GT-500 have CSM numbers

By the time my car is worth anything, IF, and that's a BIG "IF", I'll be dead.

I didn't buy the car to be exclusive, nor did I expect Carroll to retire and collect social security to protect my little investment, if anyone did I think there were better places to put your money.

But that's just me! I'm happy for me and I'm happy to see Shelby is still doing great things.

Good call Jeff!

Now, the Shelbt GT is stil the last pre-title car :)along with the KR

PS, If you want an investment, try commodities or oil futures. But then again, you cant drive them :)

I just think your post was misinformed. You stated it is just a mustang with badges and stripes, and yet being very familiar with the SGT and looking at the mods done to the GTS, I see just as many, if not more mods done to the GTS as the SGT, so yeah, I got funny about it. Keep in mind that the GTS package can be put on the 5.0 as well, so if you are thinking a 4.6 is going to outperform a 5.0, you are crazy. The 5.4 stock has a hard time outperforming the 5.0. I have a GT500, a GT350, and my brother has the SGT. All great cars, but I think I can speak from seat time experience in all three you cant.

Now, since you wanna throw it out there, I'll be your huckleberry anytime! You may have a GT/SC, but I bet you arent a HP over 540 on your best day, and I am sitting at 730 on my GT350. Good luck with that. I have tracked against supersnakes, kr's, SGT's, and even a couple GT/SCs, and not a single car passed mine, and that was 100HP less for my 350 at the time. (I have also spent time on the track with many many other non ford cars too, and I will just leave it with- anyone that has seen the GT350 perform on the track knows what it can do.)

Come to Mid America, or a vegas bash, or Pocono in two weeks...I'd love to see you race! Dont get me wrong on my reply either, I love them all, but i will say again that it is reckless and misinformed of you to claim SA slapped a couple badges and stripes on a stock mustang and called it the GTS. -unless that is what you think of all of the builds :redcard:

Eww, he threw down the gauntlet :hysterical:

See you at Mid-America

My nickels worth of advice, bad investment,should've invested in gold. These cars were built for fun period. As far as value, they hold their value a little more than the average mustang so quit crying and get out and have some fun with it! Come to the Shelby Bash and REALLY know how the car is! I took mine out last Jan and found the limits of the car which you could NEVER find out in city driving! Boy did I find the limits! Anyway, I don't even own a Shelby yet, but when I get that spare 25,000, I'll get it converted. To me ,it will be a total loss because I plan on keeping it until I die and my grandkids will end up making money off of it, if they sell it. When I was on the track zooming around with some SGT's and 500's, this is what I found I really need first before power! Sometimes it's nice to have a 1:1 scale model car.

post-27473-0-60526200-1303569896_thumb.jpg

post-27473-0-45290000-1303569948_thumb.jpg

post-27473-0-60526200-1303569896_thumb.jpg

post-27473-0-45290000-1303569948_thumb.jpg

Lots of interesting commentary here. I'm pleased to see the GTS. I think Shelby is basically saying the Shelby GT was a good idea, so they are going to do it again.

I love my 2007 Shelby GT and I'm not ready to make a change yet, but I'm always thinking about what I might do next.

Lots of interesting commentary here. I'm pleased to see the GTS. I think Shelby is basically saying the Shelby GT was a good idea, so they are going to do it again.

I love my 2007 Shelby GT and I'm not ready to make a change yet, but I'm always thinking about what I might do next.

Wow. I was just going to welcome you to the TS forum, but I noticed you joined back in 2009. Had to think about what to say huh? LOL. It's cool. You're right though, the SGT is still a great car- could of had a better name but... I don't want to get into that discussion again.

This is all too much. I had a SGT owner tell me that he had a "real" Shelby and that I had the dealer-installed tape stripe and badge car because that's what the salesman told him. I laughed and explained how Carroll Shelby himself worked with the SVT engineers to design this car and that it is very much a real Shelby. It says so in my VIN. He thanked me for the history lesson.

We all have different Shelbys- no matter how the car came to be that way. To the OP: There is no reason to be confused and disappointed. We're all here because we appreciate and have the desire to own a very charismatic, high-performance and good looking car at a decent price; in addition, most of us because we are fans of Carroll and his products, like I am. I would love to own each and every Shelby vehicle model ever produced. I can't buy them all so I bought the one that I thought would fit my use and I settle for 1:18 scale models of the rest. :D

Enjoy your cars, ladies and gentlemen.

We all have different Shelbys- no matter how the car came to be that way. To the OP: There is no reason to be confused and disappointed. We're all here because we appreciate and have the desire to own a very charismatic, high-performance and good looking car at a decent price; in addition, most of us because we are fans of Carroll and his products, like I am. I would love to own each and every Shelby vehicle model ever produced. I can't buy them all so I bought the one that I thought would fit my use and I settle for 1:18 scale models of the rest. :D

+1

Many flavors, and they all taste great!!!

By the way- if you bought any car as an investment, you arent a very good investor, and I would RUN not walk to the nearest bank and just put your money in a long term CD.

I got the first production 624 R tune GT350, and even I would be foolish to think it has value above its MSRP at this point. MAYBE in 30 years. Or maybe no one will even drive cars in 30 years and they will be recycled or put in museums. I dont know, but I cant count on being here in 30 years, at least above ground...:hysterical: so why bother caring now? I didnt even use that investment excuse to convince my wife. I just put the deposit down and then told her, and said the deposit was non refundable...:hysterical::slapfight:

Very confused here about the shelby gts. I bought the shelby gt hoping to fulfill a dream of owning a shelby. I worked very hard to pay this thing off, really not a wealthy guy like others by no means. I was really proud to own a shelby because of the name and not many around. It seams now that shelby is just flooding the market with shelby on every mustang they can get there hands own. Just kind of torn now on if I should keep it or just go ahead and sale. Really not sure now how this will do years on down the road even if is the shelby gt of 2007 with so many kinds and twist now with shelby on them. ?

Hey,I bought my 07 used and still owe on it.But I love it.I dont care about road noise or anything else.I plan to keep this car till the day I die!And I hope you remember the 60"s & 70"s.I passed up a 70 gt500 @ $2000.00 for a69 roadrunner @ $ 1500.00 in 1973.Now i have neither.

This is an interesting conversation....

I love my Shelby GT........with the Whipple its propelled into pretty rare air.......

I couldnt be any happier and for me....whatever Shelby builds today tomorrow or ever

will not change that......

The GTS is an interesting car to say the least....

the new FORD V6 V8 packages are a great foundation to build on......

the thing that is curious to me I have not heard anyone mention.....

is the front clip on the GTS is the same as the GT350?

now I know SA had to find some way to sell those clips......I understand that.....

I am sure the sales projections for the 350 wasnt 160 units for 2011 when they designed it....

so now the clips are on another car......makes sense to me......and should to everyone who has stated SA

must build new cars.....etc etc....its a business......agreed......

but how does it make the guy who spent 80k on his 350 feel when he sees the same

front clip on a car for half the money?

dubbs....maybe you can weigh in on this........

:waiting:...

perhaps the delay in answering speaks volumes...... :hysterical:

This is all too much. I had a SGT owner tell me that he had a "real" Shelby and that I had the dealer-installed tape stripe and badge car because that's what the salesman told him. I laughed and explained how Carroll Shelby himself worked with the SVT engineers to design this car and that it is very much a real Shelby. It says so in my VIN. He thanked me for the history lesson.

Wow, you hit two nails right on the head with one post. Congrats. What I would consider an even funnier history lesson

would be a 1969-1970 Shelby owner calling your car not a "real" Shelby. History does repeat itself. Also, I followed the same

route: get the 1:1 scale car I really wanted at the time, and get 1:18s of all the rest.

As for the OP, I'm going to be representing SA at the NYC Auto Show next week, so if someone asks me how I feel about the

SGTS as a current SGT owner, I'll tell them its a great tribute to the SGT (not as good looking IMO, but certainly more powerful).

I'd also advise them to buy one and join TS to gain these unique benefits:

1. A place to tell all how you'll drive it till you die, repeatedly.

2. If you also SC it, a place where you can challenge GT-350 owners at the next TS event.

3. A place where you can defend your car as a "real" Shelby compared to the SGT.

That kind of ROI is priceless.

-Tom

2. If you also SC it, a place where you can challenge GT-350 owners at the next TS event.

Yeah I know its going to be a blast posting the video of my SGT/SC vert passing Warrens GT350 in Tulsa this summer. :chairshot:

:waiting:...

perhaps the delay in answering speaks volumes...... :hysterical:

Mike, I missed the bottom of your post I guess....

I cant speak for SA, but I can speak for me...

I dont really care if they use front fascia or other mods from the 350. I could have held out for a BOSS 5.0 and thrown a supercharger on it, but I wanted a 350. Now someone can get a BOSS or spend less for a 5.0 with almost all the same parts, but that doesnt mean they are the same cars. The GTS is the same analogy, but hey, both are good choices, and both will be fun to drive, but only one says GT350 down the side of them, so that makes my choice simple.

Yeah I know its going to be a blast posting the video of my SGT/SC vert passing Warrens GT350 in Tulsa this summer. :chairshot:

You never know, I could always spin out!! Didnt your car break down last year Chad?:hysterical:

Mike, I missed the bottom of your post I guess....

I cant speak for SA, but I can speak for me...

I dont really care if they use front fascia or other mods from the 350. I could have held out for a BOSS 5.0 and thrown a supercharger on it, but I wanted a 350. Now someone can get a BOSS or spend less for a 5.0 with almost all the same parts, but that doesnt mean they are the same cars. The GTS is the same analogy, but hey, both are good choices, and both will be fun to drive, but only one says GT350 down the side of them, so that makes my choice simple.

I see what you mean....thanks for indulging me......:salute:

You must have some excellent video special effects skills! :hysterical:

Yeah keep thinking that, unless Warren went to a intensive race school, I think Chad will get him no sweat...seriously. No offense Warren or Chad, whon I will not ever get into a rental car with again...:hysterical:

Archived