TEAM SHELBY FORUM

And Another eBay Replica...

CSX4350

This one is a "'Carol' Shelby Continuation Series", because it's got a VIN plate that says so! It even has an alleged VIN of CSX04270B

I've written him about it but no response as of yet. I'd love to know how he got a CSX VIN on it.

It looks like a Factory Five, but I'm not well versed on replicas.

eBay Replica

This car was on ebay several months ago, probably with the same seller. I challenged him on the Shelby claim and questioned why every photo was in perfect focus except the Shelby tag. I don't remember his exact response but it was a pretty flimsy excuse.

• 1 month later...

So did I, his response was that he "never said it was a real Shelby".....I pointed out that he, in fact, did by claiming it was built by SAI because they don't build crappy replicas like this one. I don't think he liked that for some reason as he didn't reply to that.

I also tend to think that the description "rare....iconic piece of history" proves that he is trying to pass it off as real.

I sent an email to the seller.

So did I, his response was that he "never said it was a real Shelby".....I pointed out that he, in fact, did by claiming it was built by SAI because they don't build crappy replicas like this one. I don't think he liked that for some reason as he didn't reply to that.

I also tend to think that the description "rare....iconic piece of history" proves that he is trying to pass it off as real.

Then why does his title & auction description both say "built by Shelby American Inc." ?

His one feedback ebay account, probably to replace a previous account with bad feedback, says a lot. Also his $599 processing fee tells you exactly what kind of seller you're dealing with.

Steve

Archived