TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GTS

JeffIsHereToo

I think it will not do to well the gt350's did not do to well and the ss numbers dropped considerably. they dont market it right they dont get out and expose and sell them I live in vegas I go to car shows and cruise ins I never see a factory representative car or person. I do my share and promote their products. I answer a ton of questions. People need to see the new offering and spec sheet as well as pricing!!!!!!!!!!!! BJ and SEMA arnt gonna do it

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget, the KR is also a pre-titled car. As of now, the 2009KR is the last pre-titled Shelby.

And is also the reason why some are still UnSold in Dealer Showrooms............... :hysterical:

I agree the marketing team @ SA needs to put more product out there but that also takes $$ and right now there is not much going on in the extra cash flow department. SA stock is @ .18 per share and I think that is indictative of the marketing strategies. Even if they got orders they will not be able to fill them quickly, I mean they are a year back on GT350's! So is a person goping to wait for an entry level car, which is who they are marketing too, 1 year +++..... I don't think so.

Ford also took SA's thunder in the "rent-a-racer" department, Ford is putting out a BOSS that will be black with gold stripes and white with gold stripes and guess who will promote "rent-a-racer" ....FORD. So they will not get the bang like they had on the Shelby GT-H because Ford has a better car in the BOSS for less money to Hertz. They are between hell and the deep blue sea right now. Sorry to say it but Ford just does not want SA's competition any more they have a car now that rivals and competes heavily with the GT350 and for less money AND with a factory warranty. I mean every big time magazine has the BOSS bettering or equaling the GT350 in 1/4 miles times and the track times so unless your a Shelby fan like us the BOSS has them hands down and Ford does not have to take a back seat and share profits anymore which they hated. Great ideas, great cars and Carroll is too old to float the coin anymore, but what a show he has now.

I personally don't like the SGTS. It doesn't look that great and I still can't validate the price. The GT350 is a great car, and on par with the new BOSS. It does cost more, but it will always have that extra wow factor since it's a Shelby. For those that have a SGT or GT350, just wait. Our beloved designer, Mr. Carroll Shelby, will not be here forever. And, when he passes, their value will increase. I always have to separate the man from the business. SAI has to keep putting out new products to continue making money. I'm a Shelby fan because of the man, not the business.

And is also the reason why some are still UnSold in Dealer Showrooms............... :hysterical:

How is that a reason some are still unsold? Enlighten me since I'm not getting what you're putting down.

How is that a reason some are still unsold? Enlighten me since I'm not getting what you're putting down.

I see it better for SAI Upfitting post title cars as there is no need for them to sit on dealer lots collecting dust

as was the case with the Shelby GTs and the KRs.............................................................................................................. :D

I see it better for SAI Upfitting post title cars as there is no need for them to sit on dealer lots collecting dust

as was the case with the Shelby GTs and the KRs.............................................................................................................. :D

Pre titled cars have more prestige and demand from people especially when they are limited run production cars. The only problem with the SGT's and KR's was that most dealerships were, and still are pigs when it comes to the price. When the KRs first hit the showrooms, dealers were asking over 100 grand. Some guys actually paid that for them, and even AFTER the economy went into the toilet, dealers were still asking 80+ for them, and as a result; they sat with them collecting dust. I know the Shelby GT's were being priced at dealers near me at around 42,000 and higher back in 07. Even two years ago when I got my car, the dealer wanted 38,000 for my car. I dwindled them down over time to a reasonable price.

I think the GTS is an easier way for SA to make a profit. Like the one Motor Trend review said, it is an affordable Shelby for those who thought they would never be able to own one. Most people can not afford a GT500, KR, Supersnake or SGT. Not only is the economy in shambles right now, but people are not jumping to buy high performance, big horsepower cars (Especially with rising gas prices). So it is not a surprise that SA is suffering monetarily, along with other automotive businesses alike. I think it is a great marketing move, but it is not the kind of package I would want if I were to buy a Shelby. It is kind of like "design your own Shelby". I know that before I had my Shelby, I wanted one made by and "designed" by Shelby. I also would not trade my SGT for the GTS even if the GTS was fully loaded with 6piston brakes, blower etc.

I agree the marketing team @ SA needs to put more product out there but that also takes $$ and right now there is not much going on in the extra cash flow department. SA stock is @ .18 per share and I think that is indictative of the marketing strategies. Even if they got orders they will not be able to fill them quickly, I mean they are a year back on GT350's! So is a person goping to wait for an entry level car, which is who they are marketing too, 1 year +++..... I don't think so.

Ford also took SA's thunder in the "rent-a-racer" department, Ford is putting out a BOSS that will be black with gold stripes and white with gold stripes and guess who will promote "rent-a-racer" ....FORD. So they will not get the bang like they had on the Shelby GT-H because Ford has a better car in the BOSS for less money to Hertz. They are between hell and the deep blue sea right now. Sorry to say it but Ford just does not want SA's competition any more they have a car now that rivals and competes heavily with the GT350 and for less money AND with a factory warranty. I mean every big time magazine has the BOSS bettering or equaling the GT350 in 1/4 miles times and the track times so unless your a Shelby fan like us the BOSS has them hands down and Ford does not have to take a back seat and share profits anymore which they hated. Great ideas, great cars and Carroll is too old to float the coin anymore, but what a show he has now.

Would you please let me know which Shelby American representative you received this inaccurate info from?

Steve

DDT, there's a lot that happen with the release of those "pre-titled" cars.

The SGT's suffered from bad marketing, plus the competition with the GT-500.

The KR fell victim to a late release, astronomical ADM's, and a tanking economy.

The wise thing to do in this economy is to go with a post titled program as opposed to a set determined amount of cars in a pre-titled program.

Why do you think SAI went with a post titled program with the GT-350? It's a smart business decision in these hard economic times. Everything

is a hard sell now. Take a look at real estate and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Where did you get this info? The design studios show possible 2013 Laguna Seca editions black with Yellow stripes and white with Yellow stripes. Less money to Hertz? The coupes cost Hertz $32,000 ($24K to Ford $8K to Shelby), they made a fortune renting them, and then sold many for double the cost, just about all of them for at least cost+. I can't imagine Hertz getting any Bosses for less than that or making that kind of money off of them again. I think that was a one time deal, I don't see people paying over sticker for a rental Boss used, when you can go buy one new off the show room. I know this does not belong in the GTS discussion, just wondering where this info came from?

In business your most likely to succeed if you do this: "know all, tell little". :)

Now concerning the GT350's, which I love that car and wish I had the kahunas to buy one, per the words on the street is they are not being completed as fast as they would sell if they were done in 60 days. I might buy one if I could get one in 60 days. But they are not done in 60 days, in fact if I was to order one today I am looking at probably 1 year or maybe alittle less to receive it, according to anyone who reads car stuff. Any other information you want is also on the internet and available all you have to do is search and you'll find what your looking for somewhere i.e.: other forums, Mustang blogs, Muscle car forums, Ford blogs and forums, Boss blogs etc...etc....etc...

But name, rank and serial number are the best ways to go:

So my name is SWEDEMAN, Rank: 1300 posts and CSM # 1182. ;) But really, fun and technology is what we get here on these forums, and we all know talk is cheap and we'll all believe it when we see it, bottom line. That goes for anything!

In business your most likely to.............................................blah blah blah...................... bottom line. That goes for anything!

Swede, no disrespect but you really lost me on that post. Are you saying that you heard a rumor on some other part of the internet concerning the BOSS and that's what you're running with ?

DDT, there's a lot that happen with the release of those "pre-titled" cars.

The SGT's suffered from bad marketing, plus the competition with the GT-500.

The KR fell victim to a late release, astronomical ADM's, and a tanking economy.

The wise thing to do in this economy is to go with a post titled program as opposed to a set determined amount of cars in a pre-titled program.

Why do you think SAI went with a post titled program with the GT-350? It's a smart business decision in these hard economic times. Everything

is a hard sell now. Take a look at real estate and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Purchased my car when the Flat Rock GT500s were also subject to "astronomical ADMs" my Friend...........So I say all this undeniable reality

that you describe Definately Tarnishes the Myth that "Pre Title Shelby Mustangs are More Desireable"....................................................................... :D

Swede, no disrespect but you really lost me on that post. Are you saying that you heard a rumor on some other part of the internet concerning the BOSS and that's what you're running with ?

Name, Rank & Serial Number: Swedeman, 1302 posts, 1182 csm. ;)

Purchased my car when the Flat Rock GT500s were also subject to "astronomical ADMs" my Friend...........So I say all this undeniable reality

that you describe Definately Tarnishes the Myth that "Pre Title Shelby Mustangs are More Desireable"....................................................................... :D

It was a definite factor when I bought mine for me...my two cents....not arguing just pointing out for some it is more desireable if a Shelby has a CSM...does this affect resale depreciation...not at this point that I can tell except that those KR's seem to be holding the best out of all of them in relation to the actual MSRP's new when calculated as a percentage rate.

I have to think that the pre-title Shelby's are going to be the more valuable cars a couple decades from now. With the exception of the easily recognized Supersnake, GT350's and Terlinguas I think the overall product will become watered down because of how many different special editions that keep getting made. Imo they should have just stuck to a couple bread and butter models like previously mentioned and really make them amazing and refined. What's the point in making the GTS when you've already got the Terlingua package?..

I have to think that the pre-title Shelby's are going to be the more valuable cars a couple decades from now. With the exception of the easily recognized Supersnake, GT350's and Terlinguas I think the overall product will become watered down because of how many different special editions that keep getting made. Imo they should have just stuck to a couple bread and butter models like previously mentioned and really make them amazing and refined. What's the point in making the GTS when you've already got the Terlingua package?..

Probably because there will be more Shelby GTS cars sold in the first year compared to all the Terlingua sales combined. And please no hate mail from the Bunny owners, I love you as much as any other Shelby :)

Steve

Whoa Tonto, please show me where I personally stated that "pre-titled" cars are more desirable ?

Probably because there will be more Shelby GTS cars sold in the first year compared to all the Terlingua sales combined. And please no hate mail from the Bunny owners, I love you as much as any other Shelby :)

Steve

wow, lets hope so!

less than 45 in the first year would be a disaster!

Steve

I hope so, but why would these sell any differently than the rabbits unless they actually market these better?

Again not to offend the Terlingua owners but the look of the Terlingua cars is out there. The Shelby GTS look is way more mainstream.

Steve

That's no insult, to my ears.

I like how "OUT THERE" the Terlingua looks. That's the spirit of that car. I can see the GTS selling better, it IS going to appeal to more people, I think.

That being said, I'd LOVE to add a Terlingua to my garage.

Jer

So, Ford doesn't want people to buy a Ford (Mustang) so they can be sent to SA to be modified because doing so would take sales away from Ford? :headscratch:

If Ford didn't want to share profits then why do the do so much business with Roush, Saleen (before Saleen ran it into the ground), and Steeda? I think it's safe to say Ford welcomes all collaboration and profit sharing in nitch Mustangs as long as people are buying those nitch Mustangs.

Shelby has made Ford a hell of lot of cash both directly and indirectly thru perifery sales; people who have bought a Ford based on the excitement or influance from Shelby's name alone. This the sole purpose for nitch cars altogether. Remeber, Ford went to Shelby, not the other way around.

Ford isn't making much if anything off the BOSS, otherwise they would make a lot more of them and for many mire years then the current plan of two. The BOSS is being sold to generate excitement for the brand. Post title Shelby's do the same thing and Ford doesn't have to spend a dime to develop those cars. Sounds like a no-brainer to me....

Whoa Tonto, please show me where I personally stated that "pre-titled" cars are more desirable ?

My Appology Mr Lone Ranger.............I assumed you were also smoking that "Pre Title Crack Pipe"?????? :hysterical:

I think it will not do to well the gt350's did not do to well and the ss numbers dropped considerably. they dont market it right they dont get out and expose and sell them I live in vegas I go to car shows and cruise ins I never see a factory representative car or person. I do my share and promote their products. I answer a ton of questions. People need to see the new offering and spec sheet as well as pricing!!!!!!!!!!!! BJ and SEMA arnt gonna do it

I'm surprised to hear that.

In addition to BJ and SEMA, I've seen the Shelby trailer at NHRA races, NASCAR races, and Roger's brought cars out to Cars And Coffee many times...

Jer

Would you please let me know which Shelby American representative you received this inaccurate info from?

Steve

I have seen posts from people that waited about 6 months. I haven't seen any posts saying someone waited a year either.

:headscratch:

I have seen posts from people that waited about 6 months. I haven't seen any posts saying someone waited a year either.

:headscratch:

I recently inquired about lead time for a supercharged GT350 - I believe it was about 6 months.

Jer

I'm surprised to hear that.

In addition to BJ and SEMA, I've seen the Shelby trailer at NHRA races, NASCAR races, and Roger's brought cars out to Cars And Coffee many times...

Jer

does roger still have his car? what i meant was midnight mayhem and other local events other than sponsored obligations. but maybe a good thing maybe they would be taking all the trophies? lol

Archived