TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GTS

JeffIsHereToo

[quote name='Bill_T' timestamp='1303510785' post='1147072'

Stripes only in black and white, no hood scoop and the shifter looks stock.

:banghead:

I hope this is something that will change between now and Q4!

I want another white SGT and have ZERO interest in black stripes! I want silver again!

I can always take them off and have silver painted on I guess....but I'd like it to be an "approved" color combo.

Have to send that suggestion in I guess!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been really surprized at the lack of posts on the GTS, flipped over to TMS forum and yesterday only a couple of comments. I have looked at a few more pictures, one with GTS letters next to the faux cap, didn't care for that, I would cover the faux emblem with a GTS insert of some type.

:headscratch: GG

I love my SGT and would never sell, but I think if I was going to drop another $10k I would buy a new Boss 302 and not the GTS.

Absolutely, this car wil be more expensive and IMO not even compare to the Boss 302.

I also agree the SGT is the best looking Mustang in the past 35 years.

I have looked at a few more pictures, one with GTS letters next to the faux cap, didn't care for that, I would cover the faux emblem with a GTS insert of some type.

:headscratch: GG

I didn't care for the GTS letters in that location either.

Kind of reminded me of the Nissan Skyline GTS I used to own.

Over all though, I really like the idea of this car and the nearly endless possiblities

it presents.

Absolutely, this car wil be more expensive and IMO not even compare to the Boss 302.

I also agree the SGT is the best looking Mustang in the past 35 years.

Yes there is really no beating the Shelby GT for authentic styling, the car just has that something that no other had, in a Shelby GT any way :) The GT500KR was also the car to have in my book, Red with Silver stripes and 20" Alcoas would do just fine!

I think it's a great idea from SA, but I don't see a long line out the door to order these models. The V-8 version will be in the mid-forties, without the supercharger and a the V-6 version, with a supercharger will probably be in the low 40's. I don't see a lot of young, V-6 buyers opting for a $32,000 V-6 Shelby, when they can buy a new GT for the same price. When you're young, speed is the game, not handling, and these young buyers will be buying Mustang GT's not V-6 Mustangs with a handling package and super tune. Be that as it may, I wish SA the best of luck with these new models.

Not impressed with the GTS. I think in retrospect, our 07-08 SGT's are far better looking than the GTS. Just my .02

It also has a spoiler, not much of a successor to our SGT's since ours didn't come with spoilers. The hood reminds me of the Eleanor hood from the front and the wheels look like stock v6 wheels.

The SGT has the great look, especially with the silver stripes. i will always stick with my low number SGT-C, not for value but for it being very unique compared to the other amounts of Shelby's produced.

As for the GTS, it's nice that you can order it anyway you want, but it should be color limited. I think that now you will be able to see many clones and not now if its a true Shelby. Anyhow, SAI is a business, what do you expect for them to do...not make anymore?

:banghead:

I hope this is something that will change between now and Q4!

I want another white SGT and have ZERO interest in black stripes! I want silver again!

I can always take them off and have silver painted on I guess....but I'd like it to be an "approved" color combo.

Have to send that suggestion in I guess!

Could it be that this is a concession on the part of Shelby to maintain a certain uniqueness for the 2007/2008 SGT? If that is the intent - kudos to them!

Many folks are overlooking that you can get into a GTS for a lot less money than what is being posted on the forums. I've already spoken with several potential buyers who are finding V6 & V8 2011 Mustangs on eBay for as low as $15k to $20k add in the base GTS package of $10k to $12k means someone can potentially get into a V6 GTS for around $25k.

That's probably the greatest thing about the GTS, you can build it from mild to wild. Basically a Shelby that can tailored to your wallet.

Steve

I've already spoken with several potential buyers who are finding V6 & V8 2010 Mustangs on eBay for as low as $15k to $20k

Steve

I thought Robert said it has to be a 2011 or 2012 model.

I saw the new GTS in New York. It looked good and has great specs w/ the 5.0 and all, but overall it doesn't cause me to want my it instead of my Shelby GT.

In the future, I predict people will say..."Yeah, those GTS's are nice, but what you really want is a Shelby GT. They were the originals, there's not many of them around, and they were the one's actually finished by the Shelby guys in Vegas, pre-title. Carrol Shelby wanted to produce a Shelby GT-H for the general public, and that was the result...oh yeah, and white was and still is the fastest"

:happy feet:

:shift:

Really like my 07 SGT.

Lots of new Mustangs and Shelbys coming on line really fast it seems. But that is business.

Almost feel ancient and left in the dust, but I'm sticking with what I drive!

I'm not impressed with the front end appearance of the GTS.

My .02

I saw the new GTS in New York. It looked good and has great specs w/ the 5.0 and all, but overall it doesn't cause me to want my it instead of my Shelby GT.

In the future, I predict people will say..."Yeah, those GTS's are nice, but what you really want is a Shelby GT. They were the originals, there's not many of them around, and they were the one's actually finished by the Shelby guys in Vegas, pre-title. Carrol Shelby wanted to produce a Shelby GT-H for the general public, and that was the result...oh yeah, and white was and still is the fastest"

happy%20feet.gif

:shift:

OMG give me a break we all know Black is the fastest...................:)

PS: Seriously though, the thing I do not like about these cars is there will be a serious amount of CLONES everywhere because of the "all colors for all buyers" program. I have to say from Shelby's point of view that is good because the name will become more well known amoung young and younger auto enthusiasts, but for the purest I hate it. But business is business and the business must go on. So what if Carroll dies do you think Shelby heirs would sell the brand.........I do, then it will be a bigger crap shoot.

EDITED:

^^^^^^

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Very funny, I predict people will say " damn that Shelby name is on too many cars " and food products and , and , and ........

I wonder if bottled Chili farts will be worth some bucks in 30 years. :hysterical:

I wonder if bottled Chili farts will be worth some bucks in 30 years. :hysterical:

I will be so freakin' rich.

Seriously, though: Ilmor nailed it for me. MY opinion is that the SGTs will be the "special" ones people talk about. My experience with vintage and custom guitars shows the same kind of effect.

The best part for me is that the car ain't gonna be worth more than I paid while I'm alive, and I have no kids. My wife's gonna outlive me, and she's a gearhead who will drive the wheels right off of it!

So, for ME, at least, SCREW the "resale value". I ain't sellin'. So I don't CARE.

Jer

• 3 weeks later...

As said above, the SGT still holds the "pre-title" title for late model Shelbys, though I still get a little miffed at car shows where "judges" don't even know what the SGT is and then go ga-ga over the GT500s!

Sam

Don't forget, the KR is also a pre-titled car. As of now, the 2009KR is the last pre-titled Shelby.

Noticed that the GTS forum is not only above our forum section, but even above the GT500 section. What is up with that?? :redcard::censored::headscratch:

:hysterical: Politics Man Politics, I have been really surprized at the lack of action and members reporting they are buying this option package. I hope it doesn't flop. I actually like the car, in my numble opinion, I think SAI should have negotiated this as a Special Edition from Ford and just built it coming down the line. I have yet to hear how they are going to handle warranty issues on the SAI after market stuff. If I could get 80K for mine, I might buy a GTS Convertible with everything....

GG

:hysterical: If I could get 80K for mine, I might buy a GTS Convertible with everything....

GG

And the Cowboys will also make it to the next Superbowl?????????? :hysterical:

Archived