TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua I found on Autotrader

Shelby2809

At that price ($80,000) it is going to stay homeless.

I just noticed that it is right here in San Diego. I might go scope it out.

Jim

Please do, I'd love to know how it looks. I didn't want to be the first one to bring up pricing, but WOW! Let us know how it looks,

Jim

This is the Terlingua that was previously owned by SAI. It was transferred to the Bullrun folks by the previous president of SAI who then used it as a prize for the winner of the Bullrun challenge.

Steve

Say what!?! This was someone's prize?????

hey guys this is my first post, i am the owner of the autorader terlingua . the csm is correct ,i dont plan on selling the car but if someone is willing to pay for the history on the car i would probably let it go. as far as the guages are concerned they sometimes have a mind of their own. i have to disconnect the battery for them to reset. anyone here know why? as for as the car being owned by sai, the car fax shows it has always been registered in california. and never in neveda anyone know if sai is a california corporation? or was the past president a california resident? from what i understand this was one of the first terlinguas made in las vegas and was purchased from a auction with low miles, can anyone verify how sai got ahold of it . anyways i am a car guy, drag racing, autocross, road rally , rock crawling, dune riding, car shows, fund raisers, going to jail , i do it all. post-32992-0-45906300-1304152858_thumb.jpg

post-32992-0-45906300-1304152858_thumb.jpg

as far as the price is concerned it might be under listed... people might think i am crazy ...remember the the volkswagon the pope once owned . it sold for 1 million. i dont think the car is going to be worth a million but it is definetley unique and has a good history that can be verified . if there are only 40-70 terlinguas ever built the first one built and the one owned by carol shelby are most llikely the most valuable , the others are worth the same .. any good history that distinguishes a car from the rest makes it more valuable.

as far as the price is concerned it might be under listed... people might think i am crazy ...remember the the volkswagon the pope once owned . it sold for 1 million. i dont think the car is going to be worth a million but it is definetley unique and has a good history that can be verified . if there are only 40-70 terlinguas ever built the first one built and the one owned by carol shelby are most llikely the most valuable , the others are worth the same .. any good history that distinguishes a car from the rest makes it more valuable.

Beautiful bunny!

:happy feet:

Good luck with the sale.

:salute:

PM Sent and welcome aboard!

David

Kitty,

Glad you found us! Car values are funny things, it all depends on what someone is willing to pay. You may be right on with your price if you find the right buyer (Ron Pratt) or you may have it for sale for quite a while. Either way its a great car and I hope you are getting some enjoyment out of it. I know that some people don't want to drive their cars for fear of hurting long term resale value, but honestly I doubt ANY of these cars will increase in value very much in the next 20 or more years. Much better to drive it and enjoy it IMO. If they do increase in value have more miles wont hurt that much.

Again, welcome aboard. Hope you check in often and see whats up with us.

Sean

as far as the guages are concerned they sometimes have a mind of their own. i have to disconnect the battery for them to reset. anyone here know why?

Body control modual (GEM) or the dash cluster, more than likely the body control modual.

the terlingua has been my daily driver , the exhaust is too low and i cant get into certain indoor parking garages, so its kind of inconvienant. other than that the reaction is great from people, it seems i am getting 9lbs of boost. i also noticed the rear side window and fascia is double sided taped and so are the faux vents by the doors and they are coming undone.

The first Bullrun that those two guys in the supersnake won? This was part of the winnings. I can't remember the full story now, but Shelby paid Bullrun in part with the Terlingua, and a bunch of sponsor spots for the tv program. I also heard that the actual prize money the guys won they didn't get last I heard. There is much more we probably will never get to find out.

Archived