TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Introduces new GTS model

robertlane

The only thing I would like to have in my GT/SC is the new motor that comes in those cars. That motor is way more powerful and I believe will be more durable too.

The hell with resale value

I agree 100%..

I have a 2011 F150 with the 5.0L and it is way better than my F150 with the 5.4L and it even sounds better.

I was going to trade this in on the TT V6 Ecoboost but I see SHMS now has a proto-type blower package for the new f150 5.0....

I bet that set-up will kick ass...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few things I've added to my SGT that I would love to see on the GTS:

• "S" Snake faux gas cap cover (not the GTS cut out in the stripe).
  • "S" Snake wheel center caps
  • "S" Snake headrests
  • Side scoops like those on the 2011 CA Special
  • "S" Snake engine dress-up kit
  • "S" Snake trunk and front floor mats

Oh...and silver stripes!

Already set up my AutoTrader search! :mail:

I'm looking for a 2011 white 5.0, charcoal interior, with ambient and Nav. If I don't find one in the next few months I may order a 2012. We'll see I guess!

I'm feeling something I haven't felt in 4.5 years! I wonder if there will be an on-line status page we can go to again! This brings back lots of good memories of the old days and the old crowd from back in late 2006 and the early days of 2007. Many are no longer posting but many more are...those were the days!

:happy feet:

shelbygts.jpg

shelbygts.jpg

Of ALL the stripe colors, you want to put silver on white again? I'm surprised. The biggest disappointment with the SGT, which is an outstanding car, was the lack of stripes colors.

Silver on white looks awesome! The issues with my first set of stripes has not repeated itself on the second higher quality stripes. They look as good as the day they were put on more than two years ago through 101 degree sun and pouring rain. I think though I will have them painted on this time. I want a white car and black stripes are just WAY WAY too stark a contrast for my taste. Of course your milage my vary! ;-)

I love the look of my SGT I just want an updated version not a different car.

Unfortunatly the flyer says choice between white and black stripes...... C'mon SAI thats boring. Will we see more updates to the package as you get feedback before cars go into production? That would be nice.

Edit: Will there be a 4-piston upgrade available or will you let buyers use the brembos that come as an option from the factory? Will the cragar wheels from CSW be available?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm very eager as I might be making the move to purchase my first shelby :happy feet:

I am on a limited budget so this package sounds perfect!

Unfortunatly the flyer says choice between white and black stripes...... C'mon SAI thats boring. Will we see more updates to the package as you get feedback before cars go into production? That would be nice.

I believe this may be due to the way Ford has chosen to option the Mustang itself. If you go to the Ford web site and build a new 2012 GT you will find that you only have the ability to order black or white stripes. It may be a case that Shelby has decided to align to that.

Not to say suggestions for others (like silver, even flat silver) wouldn't be welcome! In the end though I'm prepared to send it out for a silver strip paint job if they decide otherwise. Once again I'm don't care about resale or investment. I'm also going to get the new 2011 sides scoops from the CA Special. I'm going to make this look as close as possible to my MUCH loved SGT.

Bought a 2012 Red Candy Convertible GT last week. Had no idea that the Shelby GTS was going to happen. This conversion is absolutely great. I will probably do it. Just curious how much the supercharger and other optional items will cost. My car has the upgraded 19" tires and wheels. Not sure if I can use these or not since the supercharger requires a different setup. I think the Red Candy with the black matte stripes would look great. The front fascia of the GTS looks like it has a place for the driving lights but from the pictures doesn't look like they are there. Probably will have to purchase them seperately from SPP. Guess I'll call Shelby tomorrow and ask some questions.

Thanks

SGT1197

SAI...

I think I know the answer here, but is there any way you could design a 'similar' NOT exact to the 350 obviously, rear tail treatment for this car too? It's still the ONLY thing that keeps alot of buyers away from the new body I believe. JMHO

:superhero:

Bought a 2012 Red Candy Convertible GT last week. Had no idea that the Shelby GTS was going to happen. This conversion is absolutely great. I will probably do it. Just curious how much the supercharger and other optional items will cost. My car has the upgraded 19" tires and wheels. Not sure if I can use these or not since the supercharger requires a different setup. I think the Red Candy with the black matte stripes would look great. The front fascia of the GTS looks like it has a place for the driving lights but from the pictures doesn't look like they are there. Probably will have to purchase them seperately from SPP. Guess I'll call Shelby tomorrow and ask some questions.

Thanks

SGT1197

I believe the front facia here, and on the GT350, is for brake cooling ducts, not lights. Not sure if it would be possible to rig something up there either but that's my understanding.

If you hear different let us know!

SAI...

I think I know the answer here, but is there any way you could design a 'similar' NOT exact to the 350 obviously, rear tail treatment for this car too? It's still the ONLY thing that keeps alot of buyers away from the new body I believe. JMHO

:superhero:

Yeah, that's the part I struggle with too. I do like that the "S H E L B Y" is back up at the top of the deck lid and wouldn't want to see it moved down like the GT350.

A little clean-up in the back, even if optional at an additional cost, would be a nice touch too but that might be an expensive proposition for SA.

I was at the Auto Show and I saw this car yesterday and it looked AWESOME!!! Honestly IDC if you could get a Boss for the same price as the GT I would still take the Chevy any day!!! I was talking to one of the people that was there, he was saying he had a GT500KR and he was pretty nice we were talking about the Super Snake and the GTS and I like fell in love with this car lol, I sooo want one lol. I think the one they had at the Auto Show might have been a S/C version since it looked like it had pillar gauges but I am not to sure. It looked AWESOME!!!

I was at the Auto Show and I saw this car yesterday and it looked AWESOME!!! Honestly IDC if you could get a Boss for the same price as the GT I would still take the Chevy any day!!! I was talking to one of the people that was there, he was saying he had a GT500KR and he was pretty nice we were talking about the Super Snake and the GTS and I like fell in love with this car lol, I sooo want one lol. I think the one they had at the Auto Show might have been a S/C version since it looked like it had pillar gauges but I am not to sure. It looked AWESOME!!!

That would have been me :) The GTS on display was a V6 auto actually... The hood is functional and pretty sweet. I really think the GTS is going to be a big hit with the younger crowd... Heck, It looks like I'll be ordering 2 as Mrs. Eagledriver also wants one now...

That would have been me :) The GTS on display was a V6 auto actually... The hood is functional and pretty sweet. I really think the GTS is going to be a big hit with the younger crowd... Heck, It looks like I'll be ordering 2 as Mrs. Eagledriver also wants one now...

Anyone know if we can get the V-8 with a cold air intake?

Archived