TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Introduces new GTS model

robertlane

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very exciting , and an anticipated tribute to our Shelby GT's. Shelby American continues to come out with cars that the public wants, this is a winner and will be a strong selling car.

Great Job!

PS: I will not be selling my Shelby GT/SC for this car though, especially sinc

e I have never driven it yet!

Anyone have pictures from the NY Auto show? I'd like to see the cars on display there.

I just came back from dealer preview night that was at the Javits center. Probably the first TS member to see the car in person, along with a few other surprises. ;)

You will have to wait and see tomorrow for that part and car pics too.

What kind of horsepower are the V8 auto's gonna put out. anybody know.

A stock mustang GT is rated at 412 but has been known to have more like 430 hp. Superchargers are optional. Shelby may not supercharge a automatic. If I remember right.

Alright, Shelby would have to fix the rear bumper before I consider doing this. The back end of the new Mustang is ugly, and Shelby fixed it wonderfully with the GT350. The Shelby GTS, or SGTS, needs to get rid of that huge ugly plastic.

Robert, is the rear bumper different on the production SGTS?

ok so what do you think the horsepower would be in non-auto?

I think the 5.0 motor will be optioned with the same supercharger options that the new GT350 uses...

525 hp

and

624hp - without warranty

Just speculating, but that is how the GT350 is optioned.

So are you saying that a GLASS ROOF car will not be converted?

Bummer that a BOSS can not be converted. A lot of us like the idea of having a forged engine that is pretty much bullet proof.

I'd bet that Roger and Gil in the Mod Shop could have a forged rotating assembly installed in anything you want....

GO SA!!!!!!

Great Idea Guys!! This car looks great and hits the mark as far as I can tell....PERFECT!

Ah, but they are BOTH GT500s.

And both a GT350 and Shelby GTS come from Ford with a 5.0 under the hood.

I am not stating that this will be, it could be. don't mean to confuse anyone.

Shelby may limit the Shelby GTS to only 525 hp. I don't know yet.

Despite the V6 or V8 option these are reminiscent of the SGT not the CS6/8? Guess once again we're the forgotten Shelbys....lol

Ah well, seriously, whatever you want to say it's meant to be based off it looks like a great little car - if I had the cash I'd take a blown sixer in blue with silver stripes to match my forgotten Shelby vert ;)

Despite the V6 or V8 option these are reminiscent of the SGT not the CS6/8? Guess once again we're the forgotten Shelbys....lol

Ah well, seriously, whatever you want to say it's meant to be based off it looks like a great little car - if I had the cash I'd take a blown sixer in blue with silver stripes to match my forgotten Shelby vert ;)

Forgotten Shelby's? these GTS cars seem to tie in the V6 cars (both versions) with the V8 cars (5.0)

the 4.0 V6...yes pretty well forgotten. as is the 4.6 V8

The new GTS has a very similar hood and front bumper to the CS6.

Forgotten Shelby's? these GTS cars seem to tie in the V6 cars (both versions) with the V8 cars (5.0)

Actually it looks like the GT-350 front Fascia and the Terlingua deep draw hood.

We saw this car last year at Woodward and it was very nice looking especially in red.

I think the 5.0 motor will be optioned with the same supercharger options that the new GT350 uses...

525 hp

and

624hp - without warranty

Just speculating, but that is how the GT350 is optioned.

these are Ford Racing Superchargers your local dealer can install, They may be reluctant to install at Shelby but it can be done elsewhere, The V6 starts with 305 hp(?) a super charger would be cool, how well its drivetrain holds up would be interesting to know

Scott

these are Ford Racing Superchargers your local dealer can install, They may be reluctant to install at Shelby but it can be done elsewhere, The V6 starts with 305 hp(?) a super charger would be cool, how well its drivetrain holds up would be interesting to know

Scott

If it's anything like the 4.0L then the first mod would be a driveshaft

^^ when I say forgotten Shelbys I say it slightly tongue in cheek but there is some truth to it as well. Anyhow I love my CS as does anyone who sees it up close so I won't let the fact that a stage 1/2 conversion on a v6/8 mustang somehow is reminiscent of the SGT instead of the turn 1/2 CS6/8's get in the way :)

^^ when I say forgotten Shelbys I say it slightly tongue in cheek but there is some truth to it as well. Anyhow I love my CS as does anyone who sees it up close so I won't let the fact that a stage 1/2 conversion on a v6/8 mustang somehow is reminiscent of the SGT instead of the turn 1/2 CS6/8's get in the way :)

The more things change, the more they stay the same..

Start with a great concept CS6

Rob some parts and same power adders = Terlingua

Start with a great concept GT-350

Rob some parts and power adders from this and the Terlingua = GTS

A supercharged V6 Conv would be nice. I wish there was a Terlingua Racing Livery option, that would be cool. When will we be able to get more info like Costs for S/C, wheel options, and Color/Stripe options?

Nice job shelby, I think you guys were able to cater to everyones needs with one car, which seems impossible. Way to pull it off :happy feet:

The only thing I would like to have in my GT/SC is the new motor that comes in those cars. That motor is way more powerful and I believe will be more durable too.

The hell with resale value

Agreed. Don't think I haven't considered blowing by 3V accidentally on purpose so I could slide in the 5.0 crate motor.....

Archived