TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone have the optional car cover?

Freak

How's the Quality? Does it have the GT500 Logo and Snake on it or does it just say Ford? Wondering if its worth ordering with it, or if an aftermarket one would be better.

Thanks in advance,

Troy

How's the Quality? Does it have the GT500 Logo and Snake on it or does it just say Ford? Wondering if its worth ordering with it, or if an aftermarket one would be better.

Thanks in advance,

Troy

It has a big cobra over the hood section of the cover & the word "Shelby" over the rear tail lights. It is gray in color with black printing. Only advantage on buying one separately would be to save money with an aftermarket or ebay or in sales tax if that applies to your state.

if youre looking for functionality, ie keep dry in rain, buy the aftermarket types--the cover is strictly decorative, unless you just want to keep off dust

If you don't think the stock cover is very effective for keeping the car dry, what about protecting it from the sun? In your experience with it, is the stock cover at least worth it to keep the sun from beating down on your paint and interior?

If you don't think the stock cover is very effective for keeping the car dry, what about protecting it from the sun? In your experience with it, is the stock cover at least worth it to keep the sun from beating down on your paint and interior?

sure itll work--but the aftermarket covers work as well/better,and cost less--id have to check UV ratings on the aftermarket ones

Thanks in advance,

Troy

I have the factory one for my 2010 GT500. It fits like a glove and I have used it outside over night and I thought it kept the moisture off the car very well. I use mostly to cover the car in the garage. With the big SHELBY on the tail it lets people what is under there so might be a bad thing if not stored in a secure place but I love it and has the sock for the antanae and the side mirrors. You can also use a cable lock on it just to keep the honest people honest,haha.JMO

I have the factory one for my 2010 GT500. It fits like a glove and I have used it outside over night and I thought it kept the moisture off the car very well. I use mostly to cover the car in the garage. With the big SHELBY on the tail it lets people what is under there so might be a bad thing if not stored in a secure place but I love it and has the sock for the antanae and the side mirrors. You can also use a cable lock on it just to keep the honest people honest,haha.JMO

is that moisture as in dew, or moisture as in rain--i too have the cover,and it didnt keep the rain off at all whenver i went to a car show,so bought the aftermarket--no doubt it looks cool,but as i said its more decorative than finctiuonal,except for dust and sun

i have had nice aftermarket covers in the past and i love the factory cover. i only use them inside though. outside seems like a terrible idea, wind blowing dust underneath then the cover rubbing on it...no thanks

The cover fits tight enough that no dust gets under it and I've yet to have any rubbing and it's outside and covered every night. I guess I'm not that anal.

Question for everybody; when trailering the shelby would you put the factory car cover on it? Would the cover protect the paint while travelling or damage it with the wind?

NO++NO++HELL NO---if you put it in, the cover will rub the paint off the car--i found that out the hard way!!

i looked up the UV ratings on the cover i have--it blocks 99% UVs--- heres a link http://www.calcarcover.com/pdf/SR_CCCfinal.pdf

i looked up the UV ratings on the cover i have--it blocks 99% UVs--- heres a link http://www.calcarcov...SR_CCCfinal.pdf

Thanks Torched. Looks like a nice product and a good source. I'll keep it in mind if I don't like my factory cover (already ordered with the car, which WHO KNOWS WHEN the thing will show up!) I see by your signature yours took about 4 months! So much for my dream of only a 2 month wait!

Thanks Torched. Looks like a nice product and a good source. I'll keep it in mind if I don't like my factory cover (already ordered with the car, which WHO KNOWS WHEN the thing will show up!) I see by your signature yours took about 4 months! So much for my dream of only a 2 month wait!

no--i think from what i see youll be getting yours witin 2 months easy--the 2010 had a number of quality holds that delayed shipments til June--keep the dream going --BTW i use the Shelby cover in my garage,and the heavier duty one for car shows etc. in case of rain---the wait will be worth it--Im sure youve read all the posts about taking deivery, first wash it your self,unless you have total confidence in the dealer, the Suprcharger needs to run like 6 miles I think before it kicks in, so tell the dealer youll break it in so you have the joy of that first blast-have fun

if youre looking for functionality, ie keep dry in rain, buy the aftermarket types--the cover is strictly decorative, unless you just want to keep off dust

2011-01-12_000826.jpg

I was pretty impressed at how well mine kept my car dry.

I'm with most others here on this. I pnly use mine in the garage for dust protection. I have a California Car Cover for my 1967 A/S Fairlane. It is alot heavier and was cheaper. Its almost like covering it with a fitted blanket.

I use it at the Drag Strip if the weather turns bad and I cant get it back in the trailer. If I had to keep mine outside I would get a different one.

My '11 GT500 is my first garage queen and I have a NOAH car cover for the garage. It keeps the dust off. I have no plans on leaving the car outdoors with the car cover on. Seems like the wind would blow the cover around and might do more damage then good. A quick google search led me to a site that compared covers by covercraft. If using one outside my main concern would be drying time. I would hate to hold the moisture in...

Pros: easy on and off, keeps the dust off

Cons: Needs more distinguishing markings for front and back. Only 1 inch lettering. I have a ritual now, so it's not an issue.

Thanks for all the responses guys. It will be garage kept, so Im not too worried about more than dust or keepingvthe occasional cat that happens to sneakin from scratching the paint. I think I'm gonna just get a cover from Shelby. I like the fact that I can get one in the same color scheme as the car.

I checked out the factory cover and was not impressed. Kind of like the one I bought with my Camaro, fit like a glove and scratched the car going on and off. I went with the weatherguard Covercraft one. It was a little expensive, but it will protect the car. Heck the factory one is close to $400.00 if you buy it after you get the car. $375.00 w/car. The factory one is just for show. Kind of like some of the other stuff you can buy from Ford.

Archived