TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Florida Shelby

crazy8racing

As a new member and expectantly awaiting my Shelby I need some advice. Living in Florida we have to deal with our infamous Lovebugs. The nasty little critters are two bugs attatched at the but that just float along the roadways looking to smash into your pain. Not a big deal until the acid from these bugs get in to your paint and eats it. Now you end up with a bunch of small bare spots on your paint. I need suggestions on how to protect the front end of our new GT500.

Thanks to everyone.

Tom

As a new member and expectantly awaiting my Shelby I need some advice. Living in Florida we have to deal with our infamous Lovebugs. The nasty little critters are two bugs attatched at the but that just float along the roadways looking to smash into your pain. Not a big deal until the acid from these bugs get in to your paint and eats it. Now you end up with a bunch of small bare spots on your paint. I need suggestions on how to protect the front end of our new GT500.

Thanks to everyone.

Tom

Check out the clear bras offered by Shelby

Thanks guys

Yuck, the dreaded Love Bug - twice a year those SOB's are the thorn in my side! My only hope is the season(s) are weak! Driving early in the morning, late in the afternoon, or at night are the only ways to avoid the bulk of them. Clear bra, regular bra, race wrap, and regular washing, (Bounce dryer sheets work wonders!), are the solutions to those that manage to attach themselves to your car!

Welcome to the Shelby madhouse!

Sam

Diligent cleaning.

or a 2nd car..to sacrifice to the dreaded beats....

during their bi-annual orgies i park and cover the Shelby. I DD for 3 yrs and had to wash ..countless times..now i put a new engine in my 96 pony and just drive that.

Archived