TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I am getting this hood

DETAILS

05-09 Mustang/Shelby V6/GT (GT500KR) Inspired Hood w/ Functional Ram Air & Heat Extractors, Fiberglass, Version "A"

Starting at: $499.99

Get that MEAN GT500KR inspired look with this all new lightweight fiberglass hood. Fits V6 & GT Mustang and Shelby cars only. These ram air hoods are hand laid fiberglass for show quality with a smooth gel coat finish on the top and bottom. You can still use all your stock hood mounting hardware when installing this work of art! This hood comes unpainted & some sanding may be required. This hood does require some fine finishing & fitment. Hood louvers are pre-installed. This is a direct bolt-on hood to replace the existing hood on your V6 & GT Mustang or Shelby. Features a fully functional cold air intake scoop. (NOTE: FITS V6 & GT's ONLY and requires the use of an aftermarket open-element intake filter to replace the factory airbox for clearance.) Hood is not painted. All fiberglass requires prep to achieve proper fit & should be test fitted before any preparation or painting.

Notes: Cold air intake and be set to functional buy cutting out the delete cover under the hood. We have it closed off in case some customers don't want it functional. It's easier to cut away rather than adding to.

•Built-in Ram Air Kit

•Fully Functional Ram Air

•Cool Air Enters Open Front Air Scoop & Directs Over To OEM Air Box Location

•Fully Functional Heat Extractor

•Hot Air Exits From Two Open Heat Extractor Vents

•Show Quality Finished

•Hand Laid Fiberglass

•Smooth Gel Coat Finished Both on Top and Bottom Sides

•Reinforced Metal Latch & Hinge Plate For Additional Safety

•Integrated Stainless Mesh Grille

•Pre-Drilled Prop Hole

•Direct Bolt-on Using OEM Hardware

•Approximate Weight: 40 Pounds

PICTURES

http://www.championmustang.com/modern/0509-mustangshelby-v6gt-gt500kr-inspired-hood-w-functional-ram-air-heat-extractors-fiberglass-version-a-p-3295.html

Thanks that was a great help. I am still stuck on the replica of the KR from Champion and they did me so well on my Supersnake wheels. I just love the look the look of the hood. What I want to do also is since I have all the carbon fiber stuff is have my hood painted black of course and do the carbon fiber stripes on top of my car as well as my side stripes I have ordered.

Problem with that is I ordered my side stripes in November have been charged and paid for them but have yet to ge them. So I am going to see if this decal shop here in town can do it. The owner is a huge Mustang fan. He has done some stripes here for the local Ford dealership and he said he still has all that saved and it would not be a problem to do the carbon fiber. If I can get raceskinz to give my money back since its going on 6 months since my order I will have the shop do my side stripes as well.

I was also wonerinf if i could use my hood pins still? I assumed I could use them.. I got some new black ones they say Shelby on them so I was excited to get them on and replace the siler ones..

Archived