TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TR-6060 Grind Parts List

MattR

I know this has been beaten to death but I am going to take my car in next week to have the 1-2 grind/lockout fixed. My dealer is willing to order the parts to limit the amount of time its actually at the shop. Does anyone have an updated list of parts that need to be replaced? I have the original list from Alex any updates.

Thanks

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57913-vapor-alex-2010-tranny-repair/

I know this has been beaten to death but I am going to take my car in next week to have the 1-2 grind/lockout fixed. My dealer is willing to order the parts to limit the amount of time its actually at the shop. Does anyone have an updated list of parts that need to be replaced? I have the original list from Alex any updates.

Thanks

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57913-vapor-alex-2010-tranny-repair/

Matt,

After going throught this I would advise you not to have the dealer pre-order the parts. I had my dealer do this exact thing in hopes of speeding up the process. Here is the problem: First many of the parts listed will take several weeks before they arrive as they are on B.O. Since I had my car fixed it has been serveral months so it could be that the parts avalible now but I doubt it. Once the parts get there and they open up your trans it could and most likely will be a whole other ball game. My trans had enough damage inside that Ford would not repair it. They will perform an "electronic cost CAP" and I promise the solution will be to replace the entire trans. The good news is that the complete trans assembly IS avalible. I know it sucks taking the car in when it should not be like this in the first place but have them open up the trans first and most likely you will get a new trans. Be patient because it is going to take 2 weeks at least. Make sure you get a loaner car and good luck!

Thanks

Matt, what 1-2 shift problems are you having?

George

Matt,

After going throught this I would advise you not to have the dealer pre-order the parts. I had my dealer do this exact thing in hopes of speeding up the process. Here is the problem: First many of the parts listed will take several weeks before they arrive as they are on B.O. Since I had my car fixed it has been serveral months so it could be that the parts avalible now but I doubt it. Once the parts get there and they open up your trans it could and most likely will be a whole other ball game. My trans had enough damage inside that Ford would not repair it. They will perform an "electronic cost CAP" and I promise the solution will be to replace the entire trans. The good news is that the complete trans assembly IS avalible. I know it sucks taking the car in when it should not be like this in the first place but have them open up the trans first and most likely you will get a new trans. Be patient because it is going to take 2 weeks at least. Make sure you get a loaner car and good luck!

So when you get a new tranny you no longer have matching #`s ot that vehicle. But at least you can shift it.

So when you get a new tranny you no longer have matching #`s ot that vehicle. But at least you can shift it.

I could give a shit about matching numbers. I want to be able to drive the hell out of the car! I'll be dead in 60 years when matching numbers means anything to these cars anyway.

The work done to correct the 2nd gear grind does not require the replacement of the matching numbers trans casing. If things got that bad you had more going wrong than that or (with all due respect) you abused it.

The fix is out there and the parts do take awhile to get- find a good dealer.

The work done to correct the 2nd gear grind does not require the replacement of the matching numbers trans casing. If things got that bad you had more going wrong than that or (with all due respect) you abused it.

The fix is out there and the parts do take awhile to get- find a good dealer.

I did not once "speed shift" my car. I did however try to shift fast but always using the clutch. If you read my post there was enough damage that Ford though it was too costly to repair. The parts they ordered and waited a month to show up would have fix the issue but Ford descided not to go that route. I am almost positive that my trans problems are them exact same as everybody else with the 2nd gear issue. It drove and shifted just fine under easy driving but when accelerating or shifting fast it would grind. As I said before, if Ford performa an electronic cost CAP the solution will be to replace the trany.

I did not once "speed shift" my car. I did however try to shift fast but always using the clutch. If you read my post there was enough damage that Ford though it was too costly to repair. The parts they ordered and waited a month to show up would have fix the issue but Ford descided not to go that route. I am almost positive that my trans problems are them exact same as everybody else with the 2nd gear issue. It drove and shifted just fine under easy driving but when accelerating or shifting fast it would grind. As I said before, if Ford performa an electronic cost CAP the solution will be to replace the trany.

If Ford covered the trans replacement under warranty thats great for you then. So as I said there was more going wrong in there than a more commonly discussed 1-2 grind.

wouldnt the new tranny have the same part # as the old one--they dont put the VIN on the tranny do they--i have to play the matching numbers game for my old Pontiac,and as long as the part # is good, its fine--isnt that true for Shelbies as well??

If Ford covered the trans replacement under warranty thats great for you then. So as I said there was more going wrong in there than a more commonly discussed 1-2 grind.

Who knows you might be right. The trans did not exhibit any other problems than commonly discussed for the 1-2 shift problem. Might have been repairable but dealer got more money for replacing trans. Bottom line is it now performs like it should.

...and it almost feels like a new car not having to hesitate during spirited shifting.

Do you have a list of the parts they replaced? I really want to see if my dealer will order the stuff so my car only sits for a couple days.

• 2 weeks later...

So I went to the dealer with the parts list that Alex posted a while back. The service manager looked up all of the parts to determine if they had been revised, he found that none of the parts have been changed at all. He said that if they had been modified they would be revision B and so on, these are all still A. So I dont know what to do now, I know they at least changed the blocker rings.

Do you have a list of the parts they replaced? I really want to see if my dealer will order the stuff so my car only sits for a couple days.

Here is the parts list used for the repair of my 2011 exactly as listed on the invoice. All quantities are 1 each. After repairs car shifts properly under all conditions with no issues at this point.

7R3Z*7A082*A KIT - TRANSM CONTROL SELECTOR

7R3Z*7107*A RING - TR. 1ST SYN. BLOCKING

AR3Z*7124*AA GEAR - COUNTERSHAFT DRIVE

AR3Z*7107*A RING - SYNCHRONIZER

AR3Z*7102*AB - GEAR - MAINSHAFT 2ND SPEED

TA*30* SEALANT - SILICONE

TA*24* ADHESIVE

Archived