TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Alteration Stickers

SGT0128

http://www.shelbylicensing.com/

I'm only suggesting a note to Sharon and/or Robert first.

It's my belief, if this follows most businesses, that SA owns the stickers, that's step one, then if they say they have no interest and are fine with a reproduction, you move on to enter into a licensing agreement. That's typically the flow. Note that this can be a relatively expensive proposition.

Again my recommendation is based upon the fact that talking back and forth here, once again, on the same topic that's been answered by Roger more than a year ago, is not going to get people replacement stickers. I think to make this happen we all have to contact SA and express interest not simply hope they read or are directed to this thread that's all!

http://www.shelbylicensing.com/

I'm only suggesting a note to Sharon and/or Robert first.

It's my belief, if this follows most businesses, that SA owns the stickers, that's step one, then if they say they have no interest and are fine with a reproduction, you move on to enter into a licensing agreement. That's typically the flow. Note that this can be a relatively expensive proposition.

Again my recommendation is based upon the fact that talking back and forth here, once again, on the same topic that's been answered by Roger more than a year ago, is not going to get people replacement stickers. I think to make this happen we all have to contact SA and express interest not simply hope they read or are directed to this thread that's all!

I for one hear about people wanting replacements already, and i think i would be happier in the long run without them.

My window sticker said nothing about them.

Mine never had either one on it, only the Ford label under the hood. It's #1933 and Ford Mfg date was 01/07. Was mine altered before they started placing these labels on them? I would like the labels if they're ever available to buy. I, too am the original and sole owner of this Shelby GT.

I dont want to throw gas onto a fire, but I believe the legal issue would be "SELLING" the stickers. I think that you can have them reproduced for your own use without getting into legal trouble but I am not 100% positive on that. I do know that was the case with some other Shelby licensed products a couple of years ago.

You could check with a patent and/or licensing lawyer, but even that may not stop Shelby from coming down on you.

Bottom line is this: If you just did it for your car, who would ever know????

For clarification:

• We are not going to license these to be made nor are we going to allow them to be sold.

• Replacements are available by calling the SGT warranty center at 800.367.3788.

• Some Shelby GTs were shipped with non-laminated decals - VERY FEW.

add mine to the never had them camp...my car had NONE. I am lucky!

Called the 800-367-3788 number and talked to the Ford Rep. He said I would have to take my car to a dealership and have them send a claim for the stickers if they are damaged or missing.

Page 33 of the 2007 SGT owners manual supplement shows the oil fill remained at the Ford specificed 5w-20

Steve

Thank you. There is a thread somewhere and people are confused on which to use.

I have stuck with Motorcraft 5W-20 since new.

My oil fill cap says to use 5W-20.

Does the Shelby altered sticker say to use 5W-30?

Which do I use??????

One of the enduring if not endearing SGT legends......see my photo in Post #18 above.

kc

• 4 weeks later...

Could it be a 2007/2008 thing?

Mine is an '07 and has the vinyl sticker placed (almost) over the original Mustang GT decal. Presumably 'cause of the vinyl, it's still in pretty good shape.

SGTSticker5W30.jpg

Notice this is the sticker that recommended 5W-30 oil rather than 5W-20.

I am the original owner of 08SGT0528 and it has both stickers, and both are they non-laminated paper variety. Can I get laminated replacements for both, or just the one under the hood? Do my SGT's paper stickers need to be damaged or in really poor condition to be replaced? The on on the door jab is peeling off and the one under the hood is all uneven, so neither one's appearence is clean.

• 1 year later...

Archived