TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Alteration Stickers

SGT0128

Has anyone figured out how to get these stickers replaced? The one under the hood and the door jam.

THIS VEHICLE WAS ALTERED BY SHELBY AUTOMOBILES IN 9/07 AND AS ALTERED IT CONFORMS TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY, BUMPER, AND THEFT PREVENTION STANDARDS AFFECTED BY THE ALTERATION AND IN EFFECT IN 9/07.

DSC_0291-1.jpg

DSC_0291-1.jpg

SPP sells the weight spec. decal. I think that's one of the door jamb decals. http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-Unique-Parts-s/125.htm As far as the emissions decal on the hood, or the alteration decal on the door jamb- I have no idea. In theory, we could try to get a decal shop to make printed decals, but I'm not sure if that becomes illegal.

I called about a year ago and was told they were not available. Might just have to take care of our own vehicles ourselves. I know mine are looking pretty crappy.

Interestingly, it looks like those are paper? They seem to be disappearing at the edges... Mine are more of a vinyl or plastic type material and they are over the original Ford sticker.

Though I would love to have a set to tuck away for safekeeping, I don't think mine would wear out like yours.

But, yeah, I would buy a set of the door and hood decals to put in my scrapbook for now, and possibly for restoration purposes later.

Mine are defiantly printed on some type of paper, not vinyl. Moisture under the hood and water getting into the door jam have made them like they are.

While it is always good to check, it would not appear to be a licensing issue. These are compliance items required by governmental agencies. If someone does check, let us all know.

Jim

While it is always good to check, it would not appear to be a licensing issue. These are compliance items required by governmental agencies. If someone does check, let us all know.

Jim

Confusion is starting to set in because this thread is talking about two different labels. The paper faced "alterartion" decal was only needed to be there long enough for the car to be sold.

The coated emission decal is intended to last for years. I don't recall anyone having problems with that label. Like the alteration decal it was required to be there when the car was sold new showing that the car was in compliance with certain regulations at the time of manufacture.

Carroll Shelby Licensing would need to be involved with a third party reproducing these labels as they both contain the Shelby logo and the Shelby name.

I'm confident thet Robert will see this thread and make a note that this is something that the owners would like to purchase. Perhaps sometime down the road we might see them in the SPP store.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I just looked at the one under my hood and it's paper, not anything intended to last. I guess I got jipped on this one. Not really that big of a deal, I just want it to be as near perfect as I can.

Thanks Steve, I just looked at the one under my hood and it's paper, not anything intended to last. I guess I got jipped on this one. Not really that big of a deal, I just want it to be as near perfect as I can.

Could it be a 2007/2008 thing?

Mine is an '07 and has the vinyl sticker placed (almost) over the original Mustang GT decal. Presumably 'cause of the vinyl, it's still in pretty good shape.

SGTSticker5W30.jpg

There does seem to be some variation here. May have to get a bunch of cars together and takes some notes.

My sticker under the hood is missing and the one on the driver side is torn. I would also like to buy replacements.

I have both the under the hood one and the door one, maybe BOTH of these came on the SGT-C. The under the hood is worn a bit, the one on the door when it got a little wet, I placed Clear Tape over it to protect it. Its been two years and holding up well and like new with the tape.

There does seem to be some variation here. May have to get a bunch of cars together and takes some notes.

Ahhh, this is the kind of Shelby lore that 'experts' will argue about when we are long gone!

Well, let's see (but I guess we won't) if the new-age cyber time capsule of information really works.

I am the sole and original owner of the 2007 Shelby GT #5048. I can state unequivocally that:

1) Said SGT had a vinyl, Shelby Emissions Sticker (with the famous/infamous 5W-30 oil directive) under the hood.

2) Said SGT did not have a Shelby sticker of any type on any door jamb.

Ahhh, this is the kind of Shelby lore that 'experts' will argue about when we are long gone!

Well, let's see (but I guess we won't) if the new-age cyber time capsule of information really works.

I am the sole and original owner of the 2007 Shelby GT #5048. I can state unequivocally that:

1) Said SGT had a vinyl, Shelby Emissions Sticker (with the famous/infamous 5W-30 oil directive) under the hood.

2) Said SGT did not have a Shelby sticker of any type on any door jamb.

I agree, and I am also the original Owner of 08SGT0056 a Grabber Orange, and all GO that I have seen, including mine, DO have a SAI Sticker on the door jamb. So now I wonder why the GO sgt's got this sticker, is it because they were only made for California?. Just think 20 years from now how hard it will be to verify these cars as authentic

All,

This has been discussed before, the exact same stickers, about a year and a half ago. Back then, unless something has changed, word was these stickers are no longer available and can not be reproduced for sale without prior authorization of SA and/or Shelby licensing.

If this is something you want I would suggest you drop Robert and Sharon a note to encourage them to produce them. If you have a contact that is willing to print for a low price and in a limited run you might want to include that as well perhaps!

-Jeff

Jeff, as much as I always like you're input. I did previously state that we would need authorization before proceeding. Rest assured fellow car guy. And, I do understand that it's been previously discussed, and it would seem that interest has grown.

Who would recommend to talk with in regards to licensing?

All,

This has been discussed before, the exact same stickers, about a year and a half ago. Back then, unless something has changed, word was these stickers are no longer available and can not be reproduced for sale without prior authorization of SA and/or Shelby licensing.

If this is something you want I would suggest you drop Robert and Sharon a note to encourage them to produce them. If you have a contact that is willing to print for a low price and in a limited run you might want to include that as well perhaps!

-Jeff

Question #1. Why was every shelby NOT given both stickers?

Question #2 Will Shelby American call the original manufacture and make more?

Answers to these 2 questions may end this thread.

Archived