TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Shelby Super Snake Hood For 2011 GT500

Redline58

I am trying to locate a Super Snake hood for my 2011 GT500.Will be adding a Kenne Bell 3.6LC supercharger and need hood ASAP.Any help in locating one would be greatly appreciated.Called Sheby and they said they are no longer available for purchase.,Supercharger on the way but no hood so far, hoping you guys can help.Thanks.

Good luck. ive been trying for a year. the thing is, is that they switched vendors and are trying to get it all setup through the new vendor and hopefully then they could give a timeframe for supersnake hoods. ive been wanting one for well over a year.

I am trying to locate a Super Snake hood for my 2011 GT500.Will be adding a Kenne Bell 3.6LC supercharger and need hood ASAP.Any help in locating one would be greatly appreciated.Called Sheby and they said they are no longer available for purchase.,Supercharger on the way but no hood so far, hoping you guys can help.Thanks.

Does it have to be a SS hood ??

This looks like a very nice carbon fibre hood very similar to the SS hood

http://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/2020fomushgt.htmlood

Thanks for the help,looks similar to super snake hood but not sure if gives same engine clearance.Was tol by kenne belle super snake hood with lower engine mounts will work with 3.6lc superchsrger I will be adding.Not sure why shelby wont sell hood.

That's too bad, because that is one bad *ss looking hood, in addition to giving more room for you guys looking to upgrade your SCs. Wonder if some other manufacturer will pick them up...

• 3 weeks later...

I got this email today from the Shelby store regarding the supersnake hood being sold by cruisin concepts. I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if it's true.

Here is my email to them

"Hello,

I am currently in the market for a 2010+ supersnake hood and i noticed this website was selling what they claim to be the Offical Oem supersnake hood! I just wanted to make sure it was legit and they are actually being made or if there is some kind of wait time."

Here is what they said

"Hello,

Yes, Cruizin Concepts is a wholesale dealer of ours. They purchase the hoods directly from us. The hoods are currently available. Feel free to contact me with any further question.

Shelby Performance Parts

(702) 405-3500"

Would honestly rather stick with authentic shelby parts. and a fiberglass hood. Plus not a huge fan of the metal heat extractors on that hood. And another downside is they want $1,800 for that hood.

I have ran into a few folks with Shelby cars that want to stick to the authentic parts which is fine. One thing to be noted about the Trucarbon hood is that the vents you see are removable so this means the powercoaters are your friend :D (we have our hood vents powdered a matching dark gunmetal color, looks great) AND if you had a dealer friend, you would not pay $1800 for that hood :rolleyes:

One thing to be noted about the Trucarbon hood is that the vents you see are removable so this means the powercoaters are your friend :D (we have our hood vents powdered a matching dark gunmetal color, looks great)

Thats true. Would you be able to post some pics of your hood and of the vents?

Thats true. Would you be able to post some pics of your hood and of the vents?

I just saw the reply bro, here are some pics from in the garage, sorry about the quality. I will take more in the day light tomorrow.

109_0155.jpg

109_0163.jpg

Archived