TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby GT Barrett Jackson Edition for sale

socalwrench

Seems like the ebay buyer was SUPPOSED to buy the car and backed out. He left the seller positive feedback. The answer at the bottom explains that. But, I understand your concern. I mean, it is ebay too.

Yeah its being sold for roughly the same price but its weird that the buyer left glowing f/b a week after the auction eneded. My concern is did the buyer actually take delivery of the car and then return it and if so, why did they return it? That part about they thought they were bidding on a GT500 just doesn't make complete sense but like you said its eBay, things don't always make sense.

Its nice to see a SGT-BJ car that has dark red stripes still.

Steve

The buyer that backed out probably left positive because the seller let him off the hook. There'a a mutual cancellation that can take place after the auction IF both parties agree to it.

I understand all that. my only thoughts is why did the buyer write "great price" in the feedback? Its also my understanding that when an auction is mutually cancelled with ebay fees refunded that neither party can leave feeback.

Again its a great looking car listed with a fair price. What concerns me is a seller with one feedback, that sold the car previously, has just changed their ebay name, has feedback that makes it sound like the previous sale went thru and then waits three months to relist the car? I also noticed that CarFax shows the car hasn't been registered since 2008.

These are just minor concerns and the seller probably has an explanation. But because this is ebay as soon as you stop questioning things is when you'll get in trouble.

Steve

Hmmmm.... I think both parties can leave feedback still if they mutual cancel the transaction. But, you're the low feedback would be a red flag for me as well. I've used ebay to buy vehicles in the past but I ALWAYS see the vehicle in person before paying for it. If you're on ebay, you could attempt to contact both the buyer that backed out and the seller.

I would steer clear of this purchase even though I would love to have a SGT/BJ, but the issues in this sale are definately a red flag, I prefer a nice one owner car that can document almost every mile of its ownership. Imho

Scotty

It would be nice if someone would actually look at the car in person.

Look at it, heck lets hope someone buys it :) They just need to ask some direct questions of the seller and of course a vehicle inspection never hurts.

I just notice that the Shelby letters are missing from the trunk. Perhaps its been re-striped which could explain why the stripes look so good?

Steve

Archived