TEAM SHELBY FORUM

STRIPNZINC is a crook

DubbsFaris

Here is the deal guys,

STRIPNZINC, AKA Travis A. Robinson of Bowie, TX has taken money from TS members for SGT parts without sending the parts purchased. In my brother's case, (sportscars), he paid 360.00 for parts early February, then this guy said he wanted to come to an event we had mid March, and would just bring them, then no showed, and said his sister was in an accident, but he would get them out. Clearly he used a stall tactic to get past the 45 days Paypal insures your purchases. If you do business with anyone on the internet, ALWAYS report to paypal even if you think it will turn out okay if you get to 30 days out. The process lights a fire under the butts of the seller, and you either get your stuff, or your money. That said, we are moving forward with charges against this person, have his name, address, other forums he logs into, phone number, DOB, and even his parents phone number. If you or someone you know has an open transaction with him, please PM me so we can add your information to the police report. I do not practice law, and strictly went to law school to represent my company and it is good to have that knowledge, but I will make an exception in this case, and handle my brother's lawsuit as this will be a small claims issue, and I want to save my brother's money best I can.

Dont think for a second a drive to Bowie hasnt crossed our minds, but luckily, I do business up there and have official connections that are willing to make this right.

I would also like to see TS ban this :censored: as I have ZERO tolerance for swindling my fellow TS family, blood relation or not.

I'm addressing this to all of TS and not any one person or persons.

I'm not taking sides, defending, condoning, nor criticizing, but becareful here. We've seen in the past with similar threads thats there is always two sides. If I was in Warren's & Sean's shoes I would be taking the same action with the authorities but hopefully it will be resolved to all parties satisfaction without seeing it through to that end.

Thanks for the heads-up on the situation, I just don't want to see the thread turn unecessarily ugly by those not directly involved.

Good luck

J-

Can we implement what the S197 forum guys ate doing? The have the itrader in effect which shows how a person is doing business in the classified section. When a transaction takes place both seller and buyer leaves comment for each other and it viewed by all so if someone does not have a 100% rating you shouldn't deal with them. Furthermore, they have made a new rule that newbies can't post in the classifieds until mods approves them, how you may ask? The mods overthrew will not specify when they will let a new person post in the classified, one day it will just happen. I really like their system, maybe we can implement something like it here to prevent the bad apples here.

Im guessing he read this, because he is now promising to borrow money from his dad to ship the parts. Sean told him he would pick them up or have someone do it. I have had many a family tragedy, but never left someone in the lurk for 60 days....I agree with El Shelby tho...its not posted here to throw down a bash party, but merely a warning since we dont have trader reps here. At this point, even if Sean gets the stuff, I wont have a further dealing with him. Its just not the way you treat people. If you are selling parts on our forum and dont follow through in this amount of time, the only acceptable excuse is death or "sorry, I just got pinched in an under aged solicitation sting, so I'll get them out to you in 5-7 years." :nonono:

Once again my fathers rule of thumb comes into play !!! Always buy the best from the best seller even if you pay more you know your getting the quality service. Thats why again I buy mostly from AM my hood cost more but I can sleep at night. When I bought my agent 47 mirrors on one of the glass was broken one phone call next day new part. I bought something and decide not to use it and returned it no hassle no restock fee. Also like when you buy something with any seller you get an email confirmation of purchase then a follow up of shipment if 2 days go by and no email then phone call. When I buy something I want it now not a song and a dance.

Unfortunately I'm not a lawyer so the drive to in person would be my choice of business and CompUsa in Westchester made a bad sales decision and they were very embarrassed when their meeting was interrupted.

Dubbfaris I hear the weather in texas is nice this time of year !!!

I told him to just ship the parts to me COD. At this point I just want my parts and for this whole thing to be done!

If I have to pay $20 for shipping for my $360 in parts so be it. I trusted this guy because he had been a member since '09, had a couple hundred posts and seemed to be on here a decent amount. He told me he lost the Shelby in a divorce and that he managed to get these parts off before the ex took it.

Isn't America great the ladys get their cake and eat too !!! No matter how long your married and even if you make less money than her 90% of the time you are a bad man. She deserves all of your stuff. I'd burn my car to the ground before my wife gets it.

Frank, I personally sent two bags your way in December if I remember right....Are you telling me you got nothing? I KNOW they got sent to the address I had...can you please email me at warrenfaris@yahoo.com? They were sent Fedex, and I will see if I still have the tracking somewhere. If not, I'll bite the bullet and send another bag, but there is only one left, mine. That said, this is the first I have heard from you about it.:headscratch:

Well, if I sent it on my business fedex acct, it went first week of November, but I have 18 items I shipped that week, so I need to get with fedex for a trace. I checked my email for further correspondence, and October 19 was the last email Im showing from you. I dont mean to make this a public discussion, but you kind of do that by calling me out here without ever calling or emailing me or even PMing. I would say of all people, Im pretty easy to find, and dont hide out. See my signature. Also, I will just say for everyone to know that Terlingua is a 100% non-profit, with all money going to charity, and what money we had in the account at the end of the event went straight to the charities. The organizers dont take one red cent. So by the time you sent me your deposit email, it was in fact given with whatever money we had in the bank account with the auction money as well. So while I agreed to send you a goodie bag, just like the year before with Nordicshelby, I had to pay out of my own pocket to make another two shirts, buy more items we put in the bags, and the bags themselves. It was a cost of over 120.00 without shipping to me for that, but I wanted to make sure you were happy with how this was resolved. I recieved that stuff right at the end of October, first week of November, so thats why Im guessing that is when I sent it out. Never heard back from you, never guessed there was a problem.

Long winded message, I know, but the TPS reputation will never get a blemish under my watch. If I cant find your bags, I will do the whole thing over again gladly. :salute: For the record Frank, we really do appreciate you, and the year before where you drove all that way just to hang out with us for a couple hours blew us away!

Frank, I sent an email to the other organizers and we will make sure that you get your bag. If we have just one of something printed or made we will gladly do that. I think between the 4 of us organizers we will probably be able to come up with a complete bag for you. Even if I have to raid my son's shelves.

As Warren said, the reputation of the Terlingua Preservation Society will NEVER be soiled while he or I am involved. We work way too hard on this for that to happen.

Please let us know how we can fix this for you!

BTW - Travis claims he sent me the parts yeaterday. I have a tracking # and it should be here tomorrow.

So while I agreed to send you a goodie bag, just like the year before with Nordicshelby,

Hey Warren Thanks for dragging me into this..........LOL

I sure did get my goody bag and I wish I could have made it to the 2nd Terlingua event. Warren is very honest and stands by his word.

I understood that funds are non refundable and that it costs money to put on a event. It was not your fault that I could not make it I truely appeciated that I received the goody bag even though I could not make it.

I believe in the sincerity and honesty of the Terlingua Preservation Society's members and board, particularly Warren's.

I think if you have one goody bag left, you should document its contents and put the documentation out where everyone with an interest can be alert in the likely event that some or all the stuff comes up on eBaY or elsewhere. And keep the bag and contents as part of the Society's archives, which certainly will be well-guarded and an important part of its assets. Don't do anything beyond finding where the package sent to me was actually delivered, if it was. Delivered, I mean.

I appreciate all that Warren and the others do to further the Society's goals and support its image, but:

I didn't get a message that a package had been sent. If I had I'd have acknowledged it as I always do: "Thank you for your note: I'll keep an eye out for the parcel"..I didn't, so I didn't

I didn't receive a parcel. If I had I'd have acknowledged it with profuse thank-yous. I didn't, so I didn't.

If I hadn't had a history with Warren of no-response to emails, I wouldn't have decided he must have changed his mind.

I waited too long to re-inquire, and forgot about it.

When you asked for confirmation of intent for the 2011 event, to make sure known-empty slots would be filled, I responded with a "Not this year, sorry", and took the opportunity to add a PS about the previous matter.

Those are things I know. If any of my thoughts or actions were inappropriate, I apologize.

And I thank you all for the good works you do for and about the glory that is Terlingua.

I hope this will be an end to it. Sorry to have brought it up.

Your friend and admirer,

Frank S

San Diego CA

USA

Hey Frank,

The board discussed this late last night, and we want to send it to you. David has an extra one, so he will send it directly to you, and he has 1 large shirt, and I will send you an extra XXL shirt that I have from when we bought out Bill Neale's inventory for his special one off design event shirt. Sean and I are running several different events year round, so if I missed an email, I apologize, but I did a name search for emails from you and my last contact from you shows Oct. 19th. PM me if you have any different email addresses I should look for.

Thanks,

Warren

Hey Frank,

The board discussed this late last night, and we want to send it to you. David has an extra one, so he will send it directly to you, and he has 1 large shirt, and I will send you an extra XXL shirt that I have from when we bought out Bill Neale's inventory for his special one off design event shirt. Sean and I are running several different events year round, so if I missed an email, I apologize, but I did a name search for emails from you and my last contact from you shows Oct. 19th. PM me if you have any different email addresses I should look for.

Thanks,

Warren

Thanks, Gents.

That's decent of y'all, and really not necessary or warranted.

If I can't stop you, go ahead. Otherwise, I'm much beholden.

Thank your again.

Frank S

Archived