TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Griggs Suspension on the GT500

speedyburd33

Has anyone installed the Griggs complete street kid on their GT500? How much better is it than stock? I'm looking to upgrade mainly the rear end for better traction on the strip and all around acceleration and cornering and I'm thinking about going with the comple upgrade while i'm at it. I want the car to stay very streetable. It gets to the strip maybe 2 or 3 times a year and it will make it to the track at least once this year.

any help is appreciated

Thanks

Many have gone with the full SS system and are very happy with its performance and streetability. I have the Griggs torque arm, LCAs with relocation brackets, and adj panhard bar to take care of the rear end, which compliments the FRPP FR3 handling pack on my car. Call Van at Revan Racing for info on Griggs. He will talk you through getting the right setup to accomplish your goals.

I have the full Griggs SS setup. I think it is great! When I go to the track (road course), it gives me a ton of confidence. The weak link when the car goes to the track is the driver (me). I hope to change that with a few more weekends of practice. The car behaves very well and is very predictable.

How is it on the street? it is definitely "stiff". And due to the nature of the suspension, more road noise is transmitted in the car as well as rear axle whine. I'm not complaining, I expected it, but you definitely need to be aware of that because that might not be for you. If you can get a ride (or drive) in a car with a Griggs SS setup, you take advantage of it. I cannot compare mine to any other as I went straight to Griggs when looking at suspension updates since I did not want to ugrade twice.

Has anyone installed the Griggs complete street kid on their GT500? How much better is it than stock? I'm looking to upgrade mainly the rear end for better traction on the strip and all around acceleration and cornering and I'm thinking about going with the comple upgrade while i'm at it. I want the car to stay very streetable. It gets to the strip maybe 2 or 3 times a year and it will make it to the track at least once this year.

any help is appreciated

Thanks

I have a 09 GT500 with the GR40 SS & Watts Link (race version)...best mod hands down. I went from stock to Tokico d-specs (great improvement) to the griggs. It's a completely different car...granted there is more road/rear end noise but the safety factor must be considered. No more rear end loosey goosey kick-out under hard acceleration. It's a drivers car now with true coil-overs and fully adjustable. I would suggest driving a GT500 with a similar set up if possible just to make sure you can live with the increased noise. I plan on installing a vibration barrier and a sound barrier to quiet things up a bit but thats just me...these cars need it anyway. My 06 GT had just as much if not more road/rear end noise after it was lowered with just springs...Good luck!!

Hello,

will the Shock Support Bracket Kit http://www.grigg ing.com/index.php?cPath=4332_4309_4320_4328_2040_3646 fit the OE Sway Bar?

I did not install the stock rear sway bar...i think it requires modification to fit or it rubs on the shock bracket...you do not need the stock sway bar with the rear coilovers for street use. Griggs has a anti roll bar for track use if you have to have it...it's on my list of future mods.

Archived