TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Fabulous Fords Pictures

socalwrench

I just thought I'd start a thread dedicated to the cars at the 2011 Fabulous Fords Forerver car show. I didn't take that many..... I was too busy working the event. Post up the ones you like!

Mike, I think this one's yours.

086-fabulous-fords-2011.jpg

Another GT350. The new model looks much better in person.

098-fabulous-fords-2011.jpg

73c09406.jpg

Here's a neat old CS school car; note the quarter windows, and no lower scoops.

080-fabulous-fords-2011.jpg

110-fabulous-fords-2011.jpg

Check out this stripe delete GT500.

102-fabulous-fords-2011.jpg

This one reminds me of those Bigtime muscle diecast cars. BTW, I hate those pedestal displays.

100-fabulous-fords-2011.jpg

Two words- simple + clean.

2011-fabulous-fords-forever-166.jpg

One of the Agent 47 cars.

2011-fabulous-fords-forever-172.jpg

The new BOSS is nice, but I can't help but wonder how long that splitter will last on the street.

067-fabulous-fords-2011.jpg

Saw what you want about this clone, but it looks nice.

2011-fabulous-fords-forever-238.jpg

You should recognize this hood and front bumper. The hood wasn't functional though.

2011-fabulous-fords-forever-220.jpg

This is what happens when you put a take-off GT500 hood on a V6 pony.

2011-fabulous-fords-forever-221.jpg

Another clean Mustang. I really liked the red stripes on the white paint.

2011-fabulous-fords-forever-254.jpg

Here are some more pictures.

Beauiful paint on this Cobra kit car.

216004_1966039353640_1322598517_2356145_11082_n.jpg

3a9e24b8.jpg

I usually don't like Saleens; the body kits look tacked on, but this one is nice.

FabulousFordsForever2011102.jpg

Ready to rock.

2011-fabulous-fords-forever-633.jpg

Black stripes on a black GT500.

2011-fabulous-fords-forever-720.jpg

Another TS member's car.

2011-fabulous-fords-forever-721.jpg

I never get tired of the 65-66 GT350 cars.

2011-fabulous-fords-forever-704.jpg

I think this color is rare.

2011-fabulous-fords-forever-716.jpg

Someone couldn't wait for the new GT350, so they made one. I couldn't figure out if it started life as a SGT or a GT500.

2011-fabulous-fords-forever-759.jpg

Had to post this one, it's a clean and stock Shelby GT. He gets extra points for having clean stripes.

2011-fabulous-fords-forever-765.jpg

This SGT owner continued the stripes to the lower valance, but didn't paint it blue. Interesting to look at.

2011-fabulous-fords-forever-769.jpg

This one was sort of crammed in. If anyone has pictures of this one, please let me know.

2011-fabulous-fords-forever-792.jpg

I checked- it wasn't an original, but was cooling looking.

2011-fabulous-fords-forever-799.jpg

I still like the silver stripes on the orange paint.

2011-fabulous-fords-forever-785.jpg

I just thought I'd start a thread dedicated to the cars at the 2011 Fabulous Fords Forerver car show. I didn't take that many..... I was too busy working the event. Post up the ones you like!

This one reminds me of those Bigtime muscle diecast cars. BTW, I hate those pedestal displays.

100-fabulous-fords-2011.jpg

Hey...........that SS looks like someone's I know.................... :hysterical: . Great pics socal, thanks for sharing.

You're welcome guys. The only time I saw Carroll Shelby was during the special lunch gathering, but I wasn't about to bug him during it. Some guy actually had the gall to walk up and ask Parnelli Jones to sign a diecast car while he was sitting down and eating; right after he gave had given a speech.

Ah ha, here you go buddy. I believe this one is yours.

099-fabulous-fords-2011.jpg

The car behind the mustang with the identity crisis gt350 is mine haha! I did not talk to the owner but me and the other guys around were discussing it. We are also confused to what the owner tried to accomplish. I mean if you see a GT500 hood, bumper, and decals on a mustang GT, you know that he wants to have a clone GT500. But his car has an SS hood, gt500 front facia and cobra emblems, Shelby GT dash plaque, and a GT350 decals.. So what do you call your car? :headscratch:

Here you go Lorenzo.

Ah, so the fake GT350 had a SGT plaque. I guess it started life as a Shelby GT.

What look from the Ford gal? Please explain more.

When she tried to get Carroll out of there on the golf cart, I went over to work on clearing a path and she just hit the gas with a death stare on her face. I truely feel she was overwhelmed by the crowd as she came so close to hitting people with that cart.

Steve

There's some discrepancy on the exact number. There were 1700 cars registered, but I suspect 1500 were actually there. It is a one day show.

How quaint ! Someday you need to come out to Carlisle to really see how it's done. We usually get 1,700 when it's pouring rain :hysterical: and about 3,000 on sunny days for 3 days.

Just bustin' your chops ... Great pics and looks like an awesome show! I hope to make it out there sometime for this.

Socal,

So how many Fords attend the show? And it's a one day show?

Team Shelby is one of the organizing clubs. Me, my fellow PCR members and members from a dozen or so other SoCal car clubs stuffed 1650 goodie the day before the show.

In the bigger years, FFF gets 2100 cars for a one day show.

Hats off to Frank Morales and his crew for putting on a spectacular event!

Team Shelby is one of the organizing clubs. Me, my fellow PCR members and members from a dozen or so other SoCal car clubs stuffed 1650 goodie the day before the show.

In the bigger years, FFF gets 2100 cars for a one day show.

Hats off to Frank Morales and his crew for putting on a spectacular event!

Exactly. For us, it's was a two day event.

Archived