TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does your car do this?

When I start the car, both of my RPM and speedo gauge needles cycle all the way pegged and then back to 0, (or idle for the RPM gauge). Jon Lund told me this meant I had an electronics issue, but none I have been able to find, and my car runs perfect, so I dont really care, but do your cars do this too, and his is mistaken, or do I have a potential issue there?:headscratch:

That's normal on our cars, however on earlier model Mustangs it was a sign of a soon to fail battery. Ask me how I know, and yes I thought it was cool the first time it saw it but one week later my '03 Mustang battery was dead. 20 plus years ago iyou'd get an indication of a battery as it was going as it got weaker. Now days it starts fine one day and the next, it's dead.

You can always make a cool video of it like I did below:

0 to 160 mph.wmv

0 to 160 mph.wmv

When I start the car, both of my RPM and speedo gauge needles cycle all the way pegged and then back to 0, (or idle for the RPM gauge). Jon Lund told me this meant I had an electronics issue, but none I have been able to find, and my car runs perfect, so I dont really care, but do your cars do this too, and his is mistaken, or do I have a potential issue there?:headscratch:

Mine too.

• 3 months later...

not to worry. if you go to fords website and do some research you will see that all new fords do this. its a small detail that ford did to personally greet you when you get in your car. its basically your ford saying hello.

I think John Luft was trying to get you paranoid and then giggling about it after he walked away. :hysterical:

Archived