TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Supercharger to use with Steeda Cai/FRPP TB?

notstock

My car is a 2008 GT-500 coupe. Now that i finished the suspension and exhaust and brakes......i now am looking at upgrading my power level. I have looked at the Whipple 2.9, the KB 2.8LC, and the FRPP TVS. Specifically, i now have the 114mm Steeda CAI which i like the look and would like to retain. I also want to retain my FRPP 63.5 dual bore throttle body. My exhaust is Kooks 1 3/4 into a 3" X-pipe, and reduced into a 2 1/2" Magnaflow catback. I am wanting to see around mid 600's at the wheels to get me into the high 10's at the track. I want reliable, SAFE power. Inputs on what you have and have had success with would be appreicated and vendor comments especially welcomed. Also, what other components would be needed for this set-up besides a pulledy change? injectors? I have a Steeda 2.68 pulley now with their tune. Without the headers and throttle body it dyno's at 519 rwhp and 500 torque (haven't had a chance to dyno it since i added those components). Thanks.

After talking with Justin at VMP today i ordered his TVS with the 2.5 pulley and cnc'd inlet elbow. With his tune i can expect somewhere between 650 to 680 at the wheels (with my headers, CAI, and TB). I based my decision on his reputation, ease of installation, and the incredible power and torque this unit provides for the $$$.

After talking with Justin at VMP today i ordered his TVS with the 2.5 pulley and cnc'd inlet elbow. With his tune i can expect somewhere between 650 to 680 at the wheels (with my headers, CAI, and TB). I based my decision on his reputation, ease of installation, and the incredible power and torque this unit provides for the $$$.

Very wise decision!

Congrats, you're gonna love it! :peelout:

Archived