TEAM SHELBY FORUM

po171 won't go away

I installed a few parts back in summer and got the po171 cel (bank 1 lean). I got it the day after installing the lethal xpipe. I installed a few other things a week or so before that - spark plugs, s/c pulley and aux idler. I'm almost certain it is from the xpipe install. My mechanic tried adjusting it a few times but it always comes back on after clearing it, usually after 20 or so minutes of driving. I've checked all hoses and connections under the hood and everything is good. Any ideas of what else it could be? I've included photos of the xpipe installed.

IMAG0518.jpg

IMAG0517.jpg

IMAG0519.jpg

IMAG0521.jpg

Thanks for the replies, intake was securely tightened. My mechanic did find a leak in the xpipe on the passenger side. He adjusted it temporarily where the x-pipe is hitting the body of the car and rattling, however the CEL has not come back on. He says the xpipe will need to be slightly modified, no big deal. Wish he would have done this all months ago.

it is my understanding that with the 2010s and up if the tuner doesn't turn the 2 back 02 sensors off you will get thei reading..I am not 100% on this, but you may ask the tuner.who did the tune in the car? SCT X3? I would start there..I hope this helps.

Archived