TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 500 DYNO

dupuyf

Do you have a stock lower pulley? what size s/c pulley ?? Did I see about 18lb ooost??? what is the octane of gas you running???? I'am in the middle of installing a 2.9l - just trying to find out what toexpect on mine.

Do you have a stock lower pulley? what size s/c pulley ?? Did I see about 18lb ooost??? what is the octane of gas you running???? I'am in the middle of installing a 2.9l - just trying to find out what toexpect on mine.

Bring a pair of clean undies when you take your first test drive.

You will need them.

Phill

Stock pulleys, stock engine , shell 93 octane gas, purchase kit from ford racing and tuner came with kit . have not got on it yet but will soon ,got some street drag tires fron nitto 55r

fd

Stock pulleys, stock engine , shell 93 octane gas, purchase kit from ford racing and tuner came with kit . have not got on it yet but will soon ,got some street drag tires fron nitto 55r

fd

If you are using the canned FRPP tune with the kit it will be 725 at the flywheel....that would be the reason they sell it as a 725 kit.... :slapfight:

If you are using the canned FRPP tune with the kit it will be 725 at the flywheel....that would be the reason they sell it as a 725 kit....

And if you add the 15% "general rule of thumb", that's right about what he gets (728HP) at the crank.

Phill

To give you an idea of how powerful the Whipple 2.9 is...

I have on with a 3.25" pulley, L&M 72mm Throttle Body, JLT 127mm CAI, 72lb Fuel Injectors, 10% Overdrive Crank, and BAP. Exhaust mods are non cat'd x-pipe.

I still hit 20-21 lbs of boost on 93 octane. Timing was 17-19 and A/F was pig rich and it still put down 700 rwhp (6100 rpms) and 633 rwtq (4900 rpms). I have already ordered a 3.50" pulley to get the boost back down and then we can add some timing and lean it out a little. It's a beast that there are few words for.

I have 4.10's also, some say to add between 20-30 rwhp for dyno inaccuracy, I don't know, but the numbers are still good.

Temp: 89 degrees

29.18 in-HG

Humidity: 42%

SAE: 1.04

These are SAE corrected numbers.

To give you an idea of how powerful the Whipple 2.9 is...

I have on with a 3.25" pulley, L&M 72mm Throttle Body, JLT 127mm CAI, 72lb Fuel Injectors, 10% Overdrive Crank, and BAP. Exhaust mods are non cat'd x-pipe.

I still hit 20-21 lbs of boost on 93 octane. Timing was 17-19 and A/F was pig rich and it still put down 700 rwhp (6100 rpms) and 633 rwtq (4900 rpms). I have already ordered a 3.50" pulley to get the boost back down and then we can add some timing and lean it out a little. It's a beast that there are few words for.

I have 4.10's also, some say to add between 20-30 rwhp for dyno inaccuracy, I don't know, but the numbers are still good.

Temp: 89 degrees

29.18 in-HG

Humidity: 42%

SAE: 1.04

These are SAE corrected numbers.

Hi there

I don't know if you located a belt being you are going to a 3.5 w/10% lower - I had one he$$ of a time finding one :banghead: - nobody in the Paciic NW could find a 89" belt in their books let alone stock one. I finally called Gates and low & behold they have one in the fleet section -#K100879 HD. :happy feet: They said that would be the one I wanted cause it's a HD belt that would holdup under S/C applications and only place there was one in stock was at the factory. I had Baxter Auto parts order one - it took 5 days.

Hi there

I don't know if you located a belt being you are going to a 3.5 w/10% lower - I had one he$$ of a time finding one :banghead: - nobody in the Paciic NW could find a 89" belt in their books let alone stock one. I finally called Gates and low & behold they have one in the fleet section -#K100879 HD. :happy feet: They said that would be the one I wanted cause it's a HD belt that would holdup under S/C applications and only place there was one in stock was at the factory. I had Baxter Auto parts order one - it took 5 days.

Thanks for the information.

Here is my ordeal (http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?p=119087#post119087). I am trying to keep the information in one location so it can be searched for more easily. We need a sticky that shows pulley (upper and lower) and belt sizes. I ended up taking the belt to NAPA to get the right one and added time to the install.

• 2 months later...

I have similar results and love the whipple. Congrats on a nice smooth power band. I just added LT's and WOW did it wake up the car.

I have a question relating to the soon to be completed 2.9 Whipple upgrade to my 2009 GT500. Once it is installed, is there a strut tower brace that fits both the supercharger and the stock hood? If not, how bad will the handling degrade without a strut tower brace?

The stock brace clears on my '07 no problem; the FRPP one would not though...assuming it would be the same on your '09

I have a question relating to the soon to be completed 2.9 Whipple upgrade to my 2009 GT500. Once it is installed, is there a strut tower brace that fits both the supercharger and the stock hood? If not, how bad will the handling degrade without a strut tower brace?

I have the Whipple and the FRPP brace on my '09 and plently of clearance between the brace and charger.

0sengine.jpg

With the mods in my sig we hit 709 at the wheels. I am going to add 72 lb injectors when I find time here in a few weeks. The car is just stupid quick.

Archived