TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW DEEP DRAW HOOD ? HOW ABOUT SOME INFO n HELP

I have one of the original cs6 hoods and i want to get a new one, but everytime i have wanted to get one they were out :( The only thing negative I will say about the whole Shelby experience is before SPP was moved from Scott Drake, i bought my hood there several years ago, and had nothing but problems with Scott Drake i am guessing thats why they changed. The hood was wrong and with any fiberglass hood you will have to spend money to "fit" it to the car, but my body guy had 20 hours in the hood. Little excessive for the price and Scott Drake told me that it was ready to bolt on not even close. I agree with Jer it all has to be put in perspective. These are parts for a CAR i love my Shelby but there are more important things in life and these are all GOOD People. Tim Cameron, Roger, Robert, Sharon etc good crew

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, these posts make me wonder if I should rethink having my Gt500 supersnaked sounds

like a lot of complaints about Shelby...

Wow, these posts make me wonder if I should rethink having my Gt500 supersnaked sounds

It's a little bit of "Squeaky Wheel Syndrome" sometimes, though. A lot of people have a LOT of great experiences, yet don't post about it.

Shelby's a VERY small company, but people sometimes think they're dealing with a massive corporation. Also, lots of complaints could be solved with a phone call, but posting a bunch of bad-mouthing is more fun.

Not to say there haven't been true issues, I've been through a few - but Shelby always made me feel that they wanted to make things right. Wasn't always easy, but, hey, there are plenty of fast cars for sale to any fool with a checkbook. I coulda just "signed and drove" a Corvette... but THIS is something special. Contrary to lazy uninformed rumors, these people are not "Soup Nazis". Shelby's got some wonderful and dedicated employees who do amazing work and want people to be happy!

BTW, SuperSnake that car and you won't regret it! Corvettes next to you at a stoplight will!

Let me know if you send it in, I'll meet you at the factory to personally shake your hand and congratulate you (Ask around, I've done it before).

Jer

It's a little bit of "Squeaky Wheel Syndrome" sometimes, though. A lot of people have a LOT of great experiences, yet don't post about it.

Shelby's a VERY small company, but people sometimes think they're dealing with a massive corporation. Also, lots of complaints could be solved with a phone call, but posting a bunch of bad-mouthing is more fun.

Not to say there haven't been true issues, I've been through a few - but Shelby always made me feel that they wanted to make things right. Wasn't always easy, but, hey, there are plenty of fast cars for sale to any fool with a checkbook. I coulda just "signed and drove" a Corvette... but THIS is something special. Contrary to lazy uninformed rumors, these people are not "Soup Nazis". Shelby's got some wonderful and dedicated employees who do amazing work and want people to be happy!

BTW, SuperSnake that car and you won't regret it! Corvettes next to you at a stoplight will!

Let me know if you send it in, I'll meet you at the factory to personally shake your hand and congratulate you (Ask around, I've done it before).

Jer

Nicely said! +1

David

Will, its nice to here someone say something good about Shelby, I had a used 1967 Gt500 in 1969 and loved it but had to sell it in less than a year, was very happy to get back into one and so far I love it. The new ones are a lot more improved and I like the blower over the 2x4 carbs that my 67 had. I have to say the new Gt500 is faster. I may still consider the super snake for my car..thanks for the offer to meet me if I have it done

Had my GT-H super charged by Shelby back in 2009. Had one minor issue at the time after I left Vegas and went home. Shelby emailed me and was on it and covered cost for part and labor at my local dealer to resolve the issue. Car has had no problems since the install. Another time while at the Bash one year after SC install, I asked bout hood alignment. Shelby staff told me to drive the car to the shop and they did an alignment and took the time to show me how to access the front grill area & bumper cover and the other magnatude of questions I had. Would I have them do additional work, you bet. Good luck and SS the car.

That being said, I want a deep draw.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:waiting:

Edit: Harald - I think you should be good with the V6 hood since you have a Paxton. I thought the reason they made the V8 hoods was just to fit over the Whipples and KBs. I think anything else can use the V6 hood. Is that right????

I gave up and purchased the V6 hood and I'm doing what it takes to make it fit. The hood is at the paint shop now. I will still buy the V8 hood if I can ever get one but until then this will have to do.

:waiting:

Edit: Harald - I think you should be good with the V6 hood since you have a Paxton. I thought the reason they made the V8 hoods was just to fit over the Whipples and KBs. I think anything else can use the V6 hood. Is that right????

I gave up and purchased the V6 hood and I'm doing what it takes to make it fit. The hood is at the paint shop now. I will still buy the V8 hood if I can ever get one but until then this will have to do.

Good thought and you may be correct. I will contact Roger and ask the question. I do not want to loose the strut brace but I assume the V6s have one such as the Terlingua. Let me know how your project goes.

The V6 "Terlingua" strut brace actually sits a little higher I believe. Since the V6 strut brace fits under the Terlingua hood, I made sure I lowered the engine so that the Whipple would fit under V6 brace. So I don't think you will have a problem with the V8 brace since it sits lower.

But even though I am doing all this - I still would like to get the right hood and put my engine back where it belongs - If anyone is listening out there!! :sos::talkhand:

The V6 "Terlingua" strut brace actually sits a little higher I believe. Since the V6 strut brace fits under the Terlingua hood, I made sure I lowered the engine so that the Whipple would fit under V6 brace. So I don't think you will have a problem with the V8 brace since it sits lower.

But even though I am doing all this - I still would like to get the right hood and put my engine back where it belongs - If anyone is listening out there!! :sos::talkhand:

Thanks. I do plan to call SAI on Monday and follow-up. That being said, V-8 hood is still the ticket as I am sure many whipple and KB would consider them.

• 2 weeks later...

V6 hood installed (with a lot of extra work). Still would like to have (and would still buy) the V8 hood instead

6994027536_c0a014f815_b.jpg6994026642_07cb83a840_b.jpg

That looks great. Did you have to do any mods to the hood pins?

• 1 month later...

My GTS' deepdraw hood sneezed on my windsheild. Actually it was more like a whale clearing its blowhole.

It rained all day. When driving home I made a quick lane change and water sprayed out of the screens. It did this twice.

I know I'm crazy, but am I that crazy?

Archived