TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW DEEP DRAW HOOD ? HOW ABOUT SOME INFO n HELP

Guys, if you are on the fence about this hood, don't be. It looks like pure sex from a front view, I get comments all the time about the look of my car with the deep draw hood. As I have said before, even with what I have invested in this hood, I would not change it for anything. It is by far the sexiest hood that is available for our cars.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, here is my two cents (equals $00.002 in todays dollars)... I have had questions on another issue (some time ago). Called Mod Shop, Tim was great transfered my call to Robert. Left V-mail, sent E-mail, Times 2 and NEVER got even a GO AWAY call or e-mail. Good luck with your question and I truely hope you all get the answers. There are 2 types of Customers - Internal and External - Each have equal weight. It is a matter of Excellance in Customer Service that drives corporations down a path of success or failure.

Again, Good luch with your questions.

Doc

Here it is.

Love it! If you want to even it out and keep it from rusting rub some WD-40 on it.....my bike has been like this for about 10 years and I just rub some WD into it every now and then...but it does give it some sheen that you may not desire...

That's badass, but 10 cans won't do the whole car. I did a 1965 Ranchero a few years ago, and it took 24 rattle cans to do the whole car.

I had a 64 1/2 Dodge 3/4 ton truck back in 91' ( my first car ) and used 12 big spray cans of grey primer that I bouht at K-Mart., Did the whole truck except for inside the bed. Looked pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I please get n answer to my questions on the New Deep Draw Hood ? I have repeatedly posted for a response n have called and left several voice mail messages for Robert Lane n even spoke with Tim Hill for about a month. I have money to spend ; you know cash in hand. I just do not understand why SAI WILL NOT RESPOND TO THIS THREAD (WTF). Do I have to show up at the front doors in Vegas to get an answer or just spend another $ 60,000 on a Shelby to get your attention. :angry22::angry22::banghead::banghead:

Scotty G.

Wake up SAI / Team Shelby or I will just spend my money somewhere else n buy my cars from Ford and you guys will be history in my book n know more free P.R from me at car events accross America !!! (WTFU)

WD40 on flat black paint. Huh, I've never tried that. It's petroleum based right? I'm not sure that's good for paint.

Try it. if you'd like..its the old Hot Rod way...I started doing it 25 years ago and like I said that paint has been on my Shovelhead for 10 years at least wilh wd-40 on it...I like it.

Can I please get n answer to my questions on the New Deep Draw Hood ? I have repeatedly posted for a response n have called and left several voice mail messages for Robert Lane n even spoke with Tim Hill for about a month. I have money to spend ; you know cash in hand. I just do not understand why SAI WILL NOT RESPOND TO THIS THREAD (WTF). Do I have to show up at the front doors in Vegas to get an answer or just spend another $ 60,000 on a Shelby to get your attention. :angry22::angry22::banghead::banghead:

Scotty G.

Wake up SAI / Team Shelby or I will just spend my money somewhere else n buy my cars from Ford and you guys will be history in my book n know more free P.R from me at car events accross America !!! (WTFU)

Needs some answers here !!!

good luck getting a response with an attitude like that!

You should be ashamed of yourself for even making a reply like this especially since you are a registrar.

Maybe you should be the one taking this to task to get this man some answers.

This is not a Kool Aid drinkers party anymore and members, customers and a combination of both are sick and tired of the constant run around with Shelby period.

Everything from vehicles taking way too long to be produced, to no inventory on parts, to ridiculous lead time on parts, to low quality standards to no apparent quality control to severely overpriced items to lack of response and it has gotten way out of hand.

Here you have a member ..no..a captive customer, with wallet open looking to purchase a "new hood" which is the supposed to border perfection and he is asking if the part will be plug and play and there has been no response at all to confirm if the product is that new and improved and I don't blame him at all for wanting confirmation.

My CS6 hood was so substandard I couldn't believe a facility with the Shelby namesake would have the balls to sell it to the public and at the end of the day with the cost of the hood, exchange rate, shipping, prep to inlay the bottom of the hood with new fibreglass, sand, fix chips, paint and stripe was over $2500.00 so I can clearly see where a prompt reply to this members concerns are warranted.

My guess, is nothing has changed and they don't want to reply for the fear of lost sales on this item once work gets out what the final installed cost would be.

There are way too many options out there for Mustang component parts and some manufacturers actually care if their customer base is delt with in an expedient manner and are completely satisified.

The Shelby name will only get you so far people and everybody and their dog is fighting for the same dollar so stop resting on your laurels , get back in the game and spend some serious effort on your bread and butter...they are called customers.

I'm curious also why SAI has not responded to these questions. Isn't that the purpose of this thread?

I'm not too surprised, however, as I emailed Shelby Parts regarding an item during the Easter sale 2 weeks ago - sent two emails to two different places, including through the SPP website - yet no response...so, no sale. I didn't attempt to call because, frankly, it should not be necessary to call.

You should be ashamed of yourself for even making a reply like this especially since you are a registrar.

Maybe you should be the one taking this to task to get this man some answers.

This is not a Kool Aid drinkers party anymore and members, customers and a combination of both are sick and tired of the constant run around with Shelby period.

Everything from vehicles taking way too long to be produced, to no inventory on parts, to ridiculous lead time on parts, to low quality standards to no apparent quality control to severely overpriced items to lack of response and it has gotten way out of hand.

Here you have a member ..no..a captive customer, with wallet open looking to purchase a "new hood" which is the supposed to border perfection and he is asking if the part will be plug and play and there has been no response at all to confirm if the product is that new and improved and I don't blame him at all for wanting confirmation.

My CS6 hood was so substandard I couldn't believe a facility with the Shelby namesake would have the balls to sell it to the public and at the end of the day with the cost of the hood, exchange rate, shipping, prep to inlay the bottom of the hood with new fibreglass, sand, fix chips, paint and stripe was over $2500.00 so I can clearly see where a prompt reply to this members concerns are warranted.

My guess, is nothing has changed and they don't want to reply for the fear of lost sales on this item once work gets out what the final installed cost would be.

There are way too many options out there for Mustang component parts and some manufacturers actually care if their customer base is delt with in an expedient manner and are completely satisified.

The Shelby name will only get you so far people and everybody and their dog is fighting for the same dollar so stop resting on your laurels , get back in the game and spend some serious effort on your bread and butter...they are called customers.

Thanks Shelby CS6 For getting mine and other members backs on this issue with Shelby Performance Parts and Team Shelby. They could aleast respond ; since it has been a month since i have called the 1st time and multiple times afterwards and posted this thread. The EXTREME DISAPPOINTMENT that I and others have had to deal with is sad. You think by now they could figure out a way to address their customers concerns in a timely manner. How ABOUT A DEDICATED THREAD THAT ADDRESS CUSTOMER CONCERNS OR HELP LINE / DESK ? ; OH , ISN"T THIS WHAT THIS SECTION IS FOR ? ; That has the answers and can get them to us in a timely manner.

Now if they could answer my questions like they are paid to do that would be great ; since people like me and others members pay their salary with the products we all purchase ; or maybe someone should fire them or they should just quit their jobs if they are so unhappy or unable to fulfill their job requirements. That is how things go in the real world of Corporate Operations, Business ; do your job and do it well and find an answer to the problem or get out or get fired. This might seem harsh, but this is the reality of the Corporate World If you want to stay in business end of story.

It is also pathetic that they have a job with a company such as Shelby and live in a state that i would love to call my home, but yet can not get out of their own way to do their jobs. Maybe it's not their fault and they need more help in regards to staffing. However, if this was my company which it effectively is since others and I keep the company going with our purchases and keep Shelby's doors open. Additionally, I would be sh*t canning a whole lot of people and replacing them ASAP If i ran this company and knew how many dollars in sales they are loosing in Parts and Car Upgrade Packages. I WOULD HAVE ALREADY HAD MY GT/SC BACK FOR MORE UPGRADES AND WOULD HAVE ALSO PURCHASED A CONVERTIBLE GTS AND SENT MY NEW 2012 GT500 COUPE TO BE SUPERSNAKED , BUT NO THANKS. NOT UNTILL THEY GET THEIR SH*T TOGETHER AND START FIXING THESE A FOREMENTIONED PROBLEMS :rant2: OVER !!!

Now answer my questions for Gods-sake or i guess i will just call the new President John Luft and ask him what he thinks about this pathetic service and let him take it from there.

Respectfully,

Tired of being ignored and questions going unanswered.

Scotty G.

Will there be a Deep Draw Hood discount for us SGT n GT/SC owners that came with the original hood scoops that had or will continue to have problems with the original Scoop or the Shop that tries to repair them several times N then us owners are still struggling to get the repair done right.

That being said, I know you at SAI all have tried to resolve these problems n at one time this Deep draw hood was about $ 800.00 and now there $ 1,200 plus.

So essential we are being charged for two hoods. The original one that came on the car that were sub OEM standards n now the New Deep Draw hood. Where does the buck and all this fustration stop ?

Respectfully,

Scotty

P.s. Are these new hoods that are prepped or will it cost a thousand plus for prep n $ 600 to paint ? How much would you charge to prep paint and stripe my new Deep Draw Hood and will it clear my Whipple 550 kit you installed ?

Thanks in advance for your responses SAI

Hello my name is Juan and I work at Shelby performance parts. I apologize but we don't have a discount for the SGT owners to purchase these hoods. The reason why the hood is 1200 plus now is due to the change of vendors. The hoods are prepped before we ship them to you they always have been that way. We don't paint or stripe them, you might want to contact Shelby American Motorsports at 702-942-1719 and see if they can do it. We have 3 different deep draw hoods 1) Is the CS6/Hertz hood 2) Mid draw hood which will clear the Whipple 550 kit 3) Deep draw Hood will fit V6 and V8 with no supercharger or will only fit with the paxton supercharger. Hopefully that answers all your questions.

A few myths to dispel:

"In this economy, you should be giving even better service to people with money"

In this economy, staffing, shipping, R&D, advertising, etc... are all pinched TIGHT. Every company scales to the business available, so it's not like you're the guy bringing a luscious steak to a bunch of hungry dogs.

"Other companies make Mustang parts, too".

Go buy 'em. If you think the Cervini's hood looks great, then problem solved. Not all of the parts on my car are from Shelby - just the COOL ones. And I may have had to wait for them, but was glad I did.

"They're losing sales on parts".

I remember looking at a PILE of the old Deep Draw hoods at SPP a long while ago, and asked what they were for. Turns out, EVERYBODY WANTED THEM DESPERATELY until Shelby spent the money to get them made up (that's how it works, Shelby buys them to "stock the store" for you).

"Shelby doesn't care".

The fact that the company constantly re-evaluates design, etc... sometimes creates wait times. The new hood has much better Whipple clearance, etc...

"I need my parts!"

No, you really don't. You WANT your parts. If you have a collision and need Shelby parts, send them a note, or call, and you'll get priority, I'm sure. No one wants an SGT sitting in a garage, busted up. But "needing" the Shelby logo on your valve covers is just sily. I get the whole "lust" factor, but be realistic. I thought it was great that Robert previewed that product for our opinions, then he got BOMBARDED with people bitching about availability.

I'm not apologizing for anyone here, and I have had plenty of frustration waiting for parts, etc... but sometimes I think there is WAY too much entitlement going on here, and people who want to tell Shelby how to run their business. This forum IS to let them know what you think, but behave, for chrissakes. How about "I am frustrated that there has been no news about pricing and availability for the new hood". THERE. This thread crosses the line a few times, and basic decency's gotta prevail. After a while, don't you think it's like a kid tugging on Mom's cuff yelling "Mommy! ......Mommy!.... Mommy!" over and over again? Don't make Shelby regret soliciting your opinion by banging them over the head with it repeatedly.

IN SUMMARY: These complaints all have merit. All I'm saying is, COOL OFF before posting. These are PEOPLE you're talking to.

Jer

A few myths to dispel:

"In this economy, you should be giving even better service to people with money"

In this economy, staffing, shipping, R&D, advertising, etc... are all pinched TIGHT. Every company scales to the business available, so it's not like you're the guy bringing a luscious steak to a bunch of hungry dogs.

"Other companies make Mustang parts, too".

Go buy 'em. If you think the Cervini's hood looks great, then problem solved. Not all of the parts on my car are from Shelby - just the COOL ones. And I may have had to wait for them, but was glad I did.

"They're losing sales on parts".

I remember looking at a PILE of the old Deep Draw hoods at SPP a long while ago, and asked what they were for. Turns out, EVERYBODY WANTED THEM DESPERATELY until Shelby spent the money to get them made up (that's how it works, Shelby buys them to "stock the store" for you).

"Shelby doesn't care".

The fact that the company constantly re-evaluates design, etc... sometimes creates wait times. The new hood has much better Whipple clearance, etc...

"I need my parts!"

No, you really don't. You WANT your parts. If you have a collision and need Shelby parts, send them a note, or call, and you'll get priority, I'm sure. No one wants an SGT sitting in a garage, busted up. But "needing" the Shelby logo on your valve covers is just sily. I get the whole "lust" factor, but be realistic. I thought it was great that Robert previewed that product for our opinions, then he got BOMBARDED with people bitching about availability.

I'm not apologizing for anyone here, and I have had plenty of frustration waiting for parts, etc... but sometimes I think there is WAY too much entitlement going on here, and people who want to tell Shelby how to run their business. This forum IS to let them know what you think, but behave, for chrissakes. How about "I am frustrated that there has been no news about pricing and availability for the new hood". THERE. This thread crosses the line a few times, and basic decency's gotta prevail. After a while, don't you think it's like a kid tugging on Mom's cuff yelling "Mommy! ......Mommy!.... Mommy!" over and over again? Don't make Shelby regret soliciting your opinion by banging them over the head with it repeatedly.

IN SUMMARY: These complaints all have merit. All I'm saying is, COOL OFF before posting. These are PEOPLE you're talking to.

Jer

All I can say is your opinion is valid, but it took many phone calls , a month of waiting and then me threating a sh*t storm and to call John Luft the president of Shelby to final get some answers. It should not have to come down to a customer making threats to get an answer. So Thank you Juan for finally getting out the information on the Deep Draw Hoods.

Now the next question I have is the Deep Draw Hood for the GT/SC with Whipple 550 in stock

And how much is the total including the hood to ship to 48390 zipe code.

Thank you !!!

Scotty G.

All I can say is your opinion is valid, but it took many phone calls , a month of waiting and then me threating a sh*t storm and to call John Luft the president of Shelby to final get some answers. It should not have to come down to a customer making threats to get an answer. So Thank you Juan for finally getting out the information on the Deep Draw Hoods.

Now the next question I have is the Deep Draw Hood for the GT/SC with Whipple 550 in stock

And how much is the total including the hood to ship to 48390 zipe code.

Thank you !!!

Scotty G.

We have a couple in stock. I need to know if it's a residence or business that way I can get you an accurate shipping quote

Scotty G.

Scotty,

Thanks for your measured and intelligent response. As I said, I've been through it, and have not always been delighted, but I try to stay level and not lose perspective.

Good luck with the hood, it's sure to look great!

Jer

I've also been through it Scotty, and so has Jer, which is why we're trying to help. I had 2 months, 8 phone calls, and 5 emails before I received my grille. But, I will note that Tim was always polite, and Juan resolved the situation only one week after getting involved. It seems ridiculous sometimes, but we have to remember the Shelby operation is a lot smaller than we think. BTW, when you can, always use the phone; it's saves waiting for emails. Best regards.

Greg

We have a couple in stock. I need to know if it's a residence or business that way I can get you an accurate shipping quote

It is going to a residence Juan.

Scotty

• 7 months later...

Archived