TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MCA Wild West Pony Show - Mesquite, TX

Glenn Greenwell

I have never attended a National or Regional Mustang Show before. I have only attended local shows in Texarkana. Shelby was one of the sponsors of this show in Mesquite, Tx. I thought I would share some thoughts and observations on the MCA Wild West Pony Show:

This was a class act. It was well planned and well executed. Everyone connected with the show was easy to find and knew the answers to your questions. There was execellent security from Mesquite PD Officers. It was easy to find. Sign Up and Classification was an absolute breeze. They had a huge parking lot and your car was given two parking places to keep the door dings away and provide you with plenty of space to sit.

The weather was great and there were good discounts on select motels in the area. They had good door prizes and pretty nice trophies. I can't really say enough about attending this and showing my Shelby. It was a good learning experience and the judges took the time to tell me what they were judging on and what you were dinged on using their point system.

It was a three day event, the food was very reasonable and the local club provided free bottled water none stop driving up and down the show lanes. I was very fortunate to run into some of our forum members and actually see them in person and talk some smack.

Barbie, Lindsey, & I had a good time. The weather was good with a pretty good breeze and I caught a really bad sun burn on the last day during trophy presentation. I hope one day to attend a Shelby Event...........

GG

Glenn, glad you made it here for the show. it was a pleasure meeting you and finally meeting DeWayne and seeing both your cars.

By the way, did you or anyone I know win anything?

jP

Zachman's SGTC/SC took 1st in it's class and my SGT/BJ took 3rd in it's class. I also forgot to ask who had the 2008 Vista Blue Shelby with Texas Tags SGT SC at the show. It seems like this is a forum member. Never saw who was with the car or the sun may have just got to me. If you know which forum member that car belongs to chime in. I'm pretty sure they post on the forum.

GG

Zachman's SGTC/SC took 2nd in it's class and my SGT/BJ took 3rd in it's class. I also forgot to ask who had the 2008 Vista Blue Shelby with Texas Tags SGT SC at the show. It seems like this is a forum member. Never saw who was with the car or the sun may have just got to me. If you know which forum member that car belongs to chime in. I'm pretty sure they post on the forum.

GG

That is DeWayne. Screen name is dh777.

I was there also........NOPE Just my car, the HERTZ Vert with the For Sale Sign. I let our Club President drive it up.

It was a great show. I was MIA, but my wife, daughter and grandson worked very hard cleaning the SGT/SC and they won 1st place with a perfect score. I was very proud of them. Dewayne (dh777), also won 1st place. Congrats to all.

Zachman

It was a great show. I was MIA, but my wife, daughter and grandson worked very hard cleaning the SGT/SC and they won 1st place with a perfect score. I was very proud of them. Dewayne (dh777), also won 1st place. Congrats to all.

Zachman

Dave what class was your car in? Or Glenn, maybe you can add something on the class breakdowns.

jP

Zachman

Dave sorry about the post on your class, went back and changed it to 1st on my post. Your car was absolutely super clean. After you and I talked, my son showed me how to load the CDs, there was a sequence error in the way buttons were pushed. It worked fine. I enjoyed meeting your family and your grandson has alot of Mustang knowledge.

I couldn't place Dwayne in the Blue Vista with the Texas Tags SGT SC at the time, but I was sun baked and still having issues from trophy day and no sun screen. A great event. Hope to see you at the Texarkana show again this year, it's coming up shortly. I'll have my door hinges clean this go round.

:hysterical: GG

It was nice to meet you all. Everyone have some nice cars out there. I was quite shocked to win first and saw many other cars that would have deserved it more. After they called 3rd and 2nd place I got up to leave because I thought I was out of it. Glenn, your car really looked great, and Zachman thanks for showing me a few things that I did not know about on your car. It was good to finally me you too Springer and her the car. It was a great weekend!!

Archived