TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 500 supercharger on a SGT

Is there any way to put the supercharger that's on a GT 500 on an SGT? I found one for sale that's a great deal, and if it'll fit on the car I see no reason as to why not buy it and have all that extra power. I have a sinking feeling that it won't fit though. :banghead:

Is there any way to put the supercharger that's on a GT 500 on an SGT? I found one for sale that's a great deal, and if it'll fit on the car I see no reason as to why not buy it and have all that extra power. I have a sinking feeling that it won't fit though. :banghead:

No go.

GT500s have the 5.4 liter engine, SGTs have the 4.6.

Jer

People have been talking about making an intake adapter that would allow it to work. I have seen a couple of very rough mock-ups but nothing ever seemed to come of it. Think about all the stock 5.4 blowers out there and all the 4.6 mustang GT's that have been built since 2005. Seems like a great market to me.

People have been talking about making an intake adapter that would allow it to work. I have seen a couple of very rough mock-ups but nothing ever seemed to come of it. Think about all the stock 5.4 blowers out there and all the 4.6 mustang GT's that have been built since 2005. Seems like a great market to me.

Good point.

Jer

+1

+1

It will work with ALOT of custom parts.

It probrably is cheaper to get a supercharger built for the 4.6

I have seen pictures of a V6 with a GT500 stock supercharger installed.

Looked a little funny but it worked.

fabrication IS the word. It is possible if you know your way around.

Archived