TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Seems like another knockoff keychain

socalwrench

Alright, would did it? LOL. I ran across these flexible, fake, forged, keychains. Not sure whose making them, and I hate to blow the whistle, but these look horrible. I don't think SPP is making or selling these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370498468938&viewitem=#vi-content

$(KGrHqV,!lsE1F-2lO6(BNeutww5Q!~~0_12.JPG

Actually, I think Shelby *does* sell a similar item but theirs is not UUUGLY like that one. I think I just saw them in the Shelby catalog yesterday when I was in the "Library"...I'll double check to see. I think I remember that you could get them in KR, SS, 40th, GT500, etc....

Shelby legal Dept. ought'a be all over this one 'cuz it IS ugly as shi........shinola.

Phill

Shelby legal Dept. ought'a be all over this one 'cuz it IS ugly as shi........shinola.

hysterical.gif

Jer

We wouldn't use the GT500 in conjunction with the Shelby GT.

Ahhhhh, I did not even think about that...the Cobra (GT500) logo is used with the Shelby GT name.

That went right over my head....

Phill

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like the Snake Head is TURNED more to the Side which is why it looks like it is Smileing. PLUS: The Ad says that it is an Official Ford Licensed Item........How can Ford Licese an Item for the SHELBY GT's when SAI built the Cars "Post Title"?

Well, the SGTs were technically pre-title, or before ownership as I understand it.. You're right though. Shelby owns the rights to this emblem.

As far as the licensed part goes, it's not. SAI shutdown the previous listing, and it looks like this one will have to be handled as well.

Archived