TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Painted Radiator cover and strut bar, and FIA stripes

firedog1708

Nice job!

A couple of questions for you. I noticed that your car is lowered, what's the setup and how different is the ride? Any modification to get the strut tower brace to fit under the hood?

Thanks, and I lowered the car with the Eiabach Pro-kit (2010 kit)...no 2011 kit ready when I wanted to lower the car...have had zero problems. It did firm up the ride a bit, but not too much. I also installed a BMR adjustable panhard bar to realingn the rear end. I will eventually get shocks but everyone I talked with said the stock PP shocks would be fine and I have had no problems so far. I ordered the strut bar from ebay for $15 Dollars and had it painted by a local shop, the only thing needed to get it to work was the specific spacers from JLT! Hope this helps.

Thanks, and I lowered the car with the Eiabach Pro-kit (2010 kit)...no 2011 kit ready when I wanted to lower the car...have had zero problems. It did firm up the ride a bit, but not too much. I also installed a BMR adjustable panhard bar to realingn the rear end. I will eventually get shocks but everyone I talked with said the stock PP shocks would be fine and I have had no problems so far. I ordered the strut bar from ebay for $15 Dollars and had it painted by a local shop, the only thing needed to get it to work was the specific spacers from JLT! Hope this helps.

I've been thinking about lowering the stance on my car but didn't want the ride to change much more than stock. Your setup might be the ticket. Was the BMR a precaution or was it necessary since you lowered the car? Again thanks for the info.

I've been thinking about lowering the stance on my car but didn't want the ride to change much more than stock. Your setup might be the ticket. Was the BMR a precaution or was it necessary since you lowered the car? Again thanks for the info.

The BMR was necessary, the rearend shifted over about a 1/2 inch, I had bought it before hand just in case and was glad I did because it straighted it right up.

I would recommend the kit I used if you do not want to ruin your ride quality, i actually think mine has improved the ride..

Eibach Pro Street S coil over kit......Bought it here on this site, best price here.....

I think the main reason why ride quality is not jepordized is that the shocks and struts are purchased with this kit and they work with the springs in perfect harmony...In other words it's not just springs with OEM shocks/struts....not to mention fully adjustable from .8 inches to 3.0 in. in drop.......you won't be dissappointed.....

http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/h460/cobras555/?action=view&current=IMAG0241.jpg

Archived