TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I did it - ordered a Boss

SoDakMac

I did it. I ordered a Boss 302. But, no one is getting their hands on the SGT until I tip over so it will retain its special place of honor in the shop. I feel the Shelby GT is a better looking Mustang going and coming and has a lower stance but for everything I have read points to the Boss 302 as also being a very special car. I was looking for a newer used Shelby GT 500 but decided I would rather have the Boss. I figured what the hell I had just as well enjoy my kids retirement dollars and they will get the money (well, some of it) back eventually since I will never sell either car. Now it is a waiting game like it was for the SGT – order in March and hope for delivery in September.

I did it. I ordered a Boss 302. But, no one is getting their hands on the SGT until I tip over so it will retain its special place of honor in the shop. I feel the Shelby GT is a better looking Mustang going and coming and has a lower stance but for everything I have read points to the Boss 302 as also being a very special car. I was looking for a newer used Shelby GT 500 but decided I would rather have the Boss. I figured what the hell I had just as well enjoy my kids retirement dollars and they will get the money (well, some of it) back eventually since I will never sell either car. Now it is a waiting game like it was for the SGT – order in March and hope for delivery in September.

Good for you! Tell us all about what you ordered (options, colors, etc...)!

Jer

Congratulations! Yeah, let us know what color and if you ordered the Recaro/Torson option (highly recommended!) The Boss is incredible and well worth the wait.

I'm with you though, the Shelby will be the last car I ever part with.

post-10226-0-13272000-1302345767_thumb.jpg

post-10226-0-40265600-1302345816_thumb.jpg

post-10226-0-13272000-1302345767_thumb.jpg

post-10226-0-40265600-1302345816_thumb.jpg

Congratulations! Yeah, let us know what color and if you ordered the Recaro/Torson option (highly recommended!) The Boss is incredible and well worth the wait.

Nice Kev.....

I really had difficulty deciding what color combination to order. To be honest I am not too wild about any of them but then I have not seen an actual Boss with any of the colors either. I really like the Kona Blue but I was not enamored with the white top and you cannot order a Kona Blue car with black stripes and top for some reason. Competition Orange was high on the list but many of the guys I have had contact with ordered that combination so I decided to go rogue and ordered Race Red with Black stripes and top. I see Dig-it has the Yellow Blaze with Black Stripes, which was another interesting option as well. The car will have the Ricaro seats and Torsen differential. The car priced out at about what I paid for the SGT with the mods I had done by Shelby. Since I live in boondocks it was difficult to find a dealer with a Boss allocation. Finding one who would sell for MSRP was another issue as well. My car will be built in the third quarter so that is probably helped with the MSRP deal. Some dealers in the region with cars on the ground were crazy or just dim-witted – one guy thought he was going to ask $20K ADM for his. Most were in the $3-5K range, which I would not pay either.

Congrats, I actually saw an orange boss 302 last weekend in person, and was very impressed......Also, I know how u feel about the SGT, not sure if I can ever part with mine(white also), mainly because I think its the best looking stang ever built...so what I did was just add a GT500 to "keep it company" :D

post-25069-0-88952000-1302390747_thumb.jpg

post-25069-0-88952000-1302390747_thumb.jpg

KIller write up in MT, I read it today at the store. Anyway they agreed that the BOSS was/is the best of all Mustangs ever.........except the Shelby GT350 which takes the cake for them all as far as they were concerned, but not by much! Love to hear the stories after you get it and test it out. Good choice. :)

Kev,

That thing is gorgeous! How the hell do you decide which car to drive when the weather's nice...?

What did you decide for a personalized plate? I think that Carl sent you pics of my "WHOSBOSS" NC plate, but I believe that I get one more letter than you (heh, heh: mine's bigger than your is...). Now I just have to wait for the car. It's like getting the SGT all over again!

Take care,

Stan

PS - As nature abhors a vacuum, I picked up a 1992 LX Summer Special Edition convertible to tinker with until the Boss arrives (and maybe even hold on to afterward). Pics are attached (provided by seller; I really need to get some good pics taken), and yes, like all my Mustangs, it is "plated up".

post-8830-0-94392500-1302538323_thumb.jpg

post-8830-0-26844700-1302538723_thumb.jpg

post-8830-0-95375600-1302538728_thumb.jpg

post-8830-0-94392500-1302538323_thumb.jpg

post-8830-0-26844700-1302538723_thumb.jpg

post-8830-0-95375600-1302538728_thumb.jpg

Hey Stan,

That's a good looking Fox!

I kept "MJOLLNR" the name of Thor's hammer. Seems appropriate given the noise that the Boss makes. And as far what to drive during good weather, well it's a problem I enjoy having.

I ordered my Boss last week (orange) The dealer was only getting one so he was demanding a $5000.00 markup which I paid because this is my last "harrah". The delivery date is scheduled for late summer. Does anyone know the charge to get the trackey programmed & activated? My last performance car was in the early 70's (Olds 442) so I'm really looking forward to getting this bad boy.

After seeing your pic's Dig- it I just order a Boss with the Recaro/Torson option in of course Yellow Blaze without the glass top to save weight. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Scotty

Congrats Scotty!

It looks like we are going to need a Shelby SGT/Boss 302 section for the website. I wonder how many Shelby GT or 500 folks will be getting a Boss and keeping the Shelby as well. I figured that one pony gets really lonesome without a stable mate to play with.

It looks like we are going to need a Shelby SGT/Boss 302 section for the website. I wonder how many Shelby GT or 500 folks will be getting a Boss and keeping the Shelby as well. I figured that one pony gets really lonesome without a stable mate to play with.

With my cars I pick a car each week n drive it if the weathers nice. Then I do a quick detail when I am done and the cover goes back on till the next time I stretch its legs n burn a tank of 93 octane.

Scotty

With my cars I pick a car each week n drive it if the weathers nice. Then I do a quick detail when I am done and the cover goes back on till the next time I stretch its legs n burn a tank of 93 octane.

Scotty

Ahhhhhhh I am just stretching...................life is good. Here I am calling to my wife " Hey Honey......where are my Maduro Cuban's at, the humidor only has the regulars in it?" ;)

EDITED:

You can add me to that list.

Orange/Recaro/Torsen ordered. ETA late May, early June and already got my tags.

BOSSSEH.jpg

I think your right!! I am actually considering ordering one, if I do it will be 3rd or 4th quater delivery, this way I can save some funds. Anyone want to purchase a HERTZ?

You can add me to that list.

Orange/Recaro/Torsen ordered. ETA late May, early June and already got my tags.

BOSSSEH.jpg

Great personalized plate! I cannot get my plate until the car and paperwork arrives so I hope my favorite is still available by that time. I make a least one trip to Canada every summer – love the country and the people.

After seeing your pic's Dig- it I just order a Boss with the Recaro/Torson option in of course Yellow Blaze without the glass top to save weight. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Scotty

I don't think you will have a problem getting a Boss 302 without a glass roof.

It's not an option.

$302 plus labor for the TracKey.

That is disappointing. On the made-for-TV special "Mustang Boss 302" as aired on the Speed Channel, Dave Pericak, Fords's Mustang Chief Enginner, states, in part: "One of the best features (of the)...Boss 302...(is the) Track Key. When you get your Boss, you get two different keys...normal key...Track Key..." At no point is it either stated or inferred that this key will be an extra cost option. Typical, but yes, I still want one...

Archived