TEAM SHELBY FORUM

06 GTH on Barrett Jackson

JeffJ

Both cars are very cool. I missed this auction totally. I would have liked to see them go through.

We should start a thread that has "GT-H's for sale/auction" and when us forum members see something for sale or coming up for auction, we post it there. Good idea right?

I'll get this started right away.

QSS

That's exactly waht I saw on the SpeedVision coverage EXCEPT the B-J website is claiming they sold the car for $55k

Its always something with those guys.

Steve

At the BJ web site cars are listed with the comission.Thats how much the buyer pays for the car.

Terry

07GTH 350

Wait, the buyer pays for the bid plus commission?! I thought the seller paid for the listing and a percentage of the sale to the auctioneer.

At BJ and most major auctions, both the buyer and the seller pay commissions. So the auction houses get their "piece of flesh" from everyone.

QSS

No, Steve is talking about the coupe in the first message above, lot 79. On TV, the car was a no sale at $39K. The web site shows it as a sale at $55K. Probably what happen is that a buyer and a seller came to a deal after the auction. The no sale cars went to a special lot outside the tent. If a deal was made there, BJ still claimed it as a sale. So I guess it is possible. But yes the prices on line do include commissions from both buyer and seller. The convert with commissions came up to $56,100. Here's the link on the coupe showing a sales price of $55K which would have meant a sales price of $50K.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=79&aid=363&pop=0