TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011+ owners with lower pulley upgrade must read!!!

Burnin4

I recently had an metco 2.6 upper and IW 10% lower pulley installed and tuned on my 2011. On my drive home I began to get misfire codes (300, 302, 308) but figured it was because I was still running the stock plugs/gap. After clearing the codes, the problem would reoccur almost immediately, and the car would go into a 'limp' mode. I changed out my plugs for some ngk's and gapped them to .032, but the problem didnt go away.

After relentlessly harassing my tuner (RWTD), he was able to discover that other 2011 GT owners that were running into the same problem. 20 page thread here --->

Random misfire cylinder 2

Ultimately this was the answer to my problem...

This may help you at the dealer if they didnt do it:

SSM 21474 SOME VEHICLES COULD EXHIBIT MISFIRE CODES AFTER CERTAIN REPAIRS - MULTIPLE VEHICLE LINES

SOME VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH ON BOARD DIAGNSTICS (OBD) MISFIRE MONITOR NEUTRAL PROFILE LEARNING CAPABILITIES MAY EXPERIENCE THE MIL ILLUMINATING ACCOMPANIED BY ONE OR MORE ENGINE MISFIRE CODES P030X IF THE CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR PROFILE (MP_LRN) IS NOT RELEARNED FOLLOWING CERTAIN HARD ENGINE REPAIRS. THE MP_LRN DATA IS NO LONGER CLEARED WITH A KAM RESET OR BATTERY DISCONNECT. REPAIRS THAT REQUIRE RELEARNING THE MP_LRN DATA: CRANK SENSOR' date='CRANK SENSOR, TRIGGER WHEEL, ENGINE TIMING, DAMPER, CRANKSHAFT, ENGINE, FLYWHEEL/FLEXPLATE, CLUTCH (MANUAL TRANS), PRESSURE PLATE (MANUAL TRANS),TORQUE CONVERTER (AUTO TRANS). FROM THE IDS TOOLBOX SELECT "POWERTRAIN", THEN "SERVICE FUNCTIONS", THEN "MISFIRE MONITOR NEUTRAL PROFILE CORRECTION" AND FOLLOW THE PROMPTS.

EFFECTIVE DATE: 08/26/2010[/quote']

So, today I took my car to the local dealer and had this service performed, and I'm happy to report that the problems have gone away :banana:. For the first time I was able to repeatedly administer pure violence to my rear tires :rockon:

Hopefully, this thread will help other members from going through the same issue. I believe that anyone that installs a lower pulley on a 2011+ will experience the same problems.

Oh, and the dealer did all of this work under warranty, even though I created the problem.

Edited by Burnin4

I recently had an metco 2.6 upper and IW 10% lower pulley installed and tuned on my 2011. On my drive home I began to get misfire codes (300, 302, 308) but figured it was because I was still running the stock plugs/gap. After clearing the codes, the problem would reoccur almost immediately, and the car would go into a 'limp' mode. I changed out my plugs for some ngk's and gapped them to .032, but the problem didnt go away.

After relentlessly harassing my tuner (RWTD), he was able to discover that other 2011 GT owners that were running into the same problem. 20 page thread here --->

Random misfire cylinder 2

Ultimately this was the answer to my problem...

So, today I took my car to the local dealer and had this service performed, and I'm happy to report that the problems have gone away :banana:. For the first time I was able to repeatedly administer pure violence to my rear tires :rockon:

Hopefully, this thread will help other members from going through the same issue. I believe that anyone that installs a lower pulley on a 2011+ will experience the same problems.

Oh, and the dealer did all of this work under warranty, even though I created the problem.

I wonder if this is something that can be address within a tune?

Thanks for the info. I'm making a file on all this information so when the car does get here I'll have ammunition. Haven't dealt with the local service department and not sure how they feel about mods. I know the local Chev dealer is fine with what ever I changed on the Camaro.

I have a IW 10% lower pulley and I do not have that problem at all. That's because Jon Lund tunes my car. I have ALOT more power than you also, so your hypothesis is a good one, but incorrect. If you use the best tuner on the planet to start with, you won't have these kinds of problems.

Uh, this nothing to do with the tune. The dealer performed the ssm for the crank position sensor to relearn. Before leaving the dealership, I reflashed my tune back into my car and drove off with no more problems. My " hypothesis?" Take a few minutes and read the thread from the link i posted in my original post, clearly this is a problem with other 2011 owners.