TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bunny Exhaust Upgrade

cobrafan

Like most, I dreaded the Bunny scrape on every low dip in the road and rumble strips on the track. This exhaust was especially bad as it has Kooks long tubes going into the Borla and then coming out at what looked like the wrong angles. Low hanging pipes were worn flat. I went to a local muffler shop and worked with the owner on what looks to be a great fix. We welded a flange on the muffler exhaust ports with a bolt welded from the back side so that the exhaust pipes could bolt up to the flange. We then secured the muffler with braces to a bracket on each side of the muffler with a bracket welded and bolted to the frame on the side exhaust. We then installed two more brackets that will be used at the track when I unbolt the exhaust pipes from the muffler and bolt on two straight pipes that dump straight down behind the rear wheels. Everything is above the muffler (the low point) versus the side pipes which hang considerably lower. I Will only have to undo 4 nuts and rebolt the straight pipes in place. Should only take a couple minutes to change out for the track. With the 20 inch wheels, we shouldn't scrape. The 18 and 19 inch should clear most obstacles. I'm pretty pleased.

BunnyExhaust4.jpg

BunnyExhaust2.jpg

BunnyExaust1.jpg

You say they dump right 'behind' the rear wheels. The photos appear to show differently, unless I'm missing something (wouldn't be the 1st time).

Either way, looks good!

This is a picture of the side exhaust that I will run on the street with 20 inch wheels. The side exhaust will drag on the rumble strips at the track with 18 inch wheels.

When I go to the track, I'll put on the straight pipes. No pictures yet. When I install them, I'll post.

They look much better than the set that came off! Should of posted a before picture.

Look great!

Doc Scott

I believe it was your stellar mark-ups on the old pipes that gave him the ideas Scott! See it was a good thing that your got your hands dirty that day!

This is a picture of the side exhaust that I will run on the street with 20 inch wheels. The side exhaust will drag on the rumble strips at the track with 18 inch wheels.

When I go to the track, I'll put on the straight pipes. No pictures yet. When I install them, I'll post.

I hear it is against the lae to run straight pipes all the time! Especially with no cats!!! :hysterical:

• 3 weeks later...

I hear it is against the lae to run straight pipes all the time! Especially with no cats!!! :hysterical:

Cats? What Cats? I am allergic to those things. Mufflers too while I think of it.

Back on topic: For everyone else, there is a company that makes oval exhaust pipes specifically for side exhaust. I believe it would also fix the scraping.

Archived