TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Barn" find GT350

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/04/06/dnt.rare.nustang.found.kctv?hpt=T2

A friend of mine buys abandoned lockers for his business. They auction them off, often sight unseen. Things like this make it difficult for the pros (as does that goofy new TV show) since the amateurs get in, find nothing, and then abandon the locker still full. They are then banned from further auctions at that site. Remember the purpose of the auction is to clean it out, regardless of what is in it. If you bought it for a dollar and it is full of rancid garbage, you got it, you empty and clean it.

yeah, this is the one place this thread should be, yet there are two others I have found. Spent all day with this car today...its a bit rough, but still a 350!

So you know who bought that storage unit? And you have seen this GT350 in person?

What two others have you found?

A 1966 GT350 selling for "upwards of TWO MILLION" ??? Anyone recall a 1966 GT350 ever selling anywhere close to that?

Also I'm glad all it takes is a license plate frame to make the car "something special".

Strange how the cars description went from an 1980's restoration that was a mildew mess to now the car is perfect, just a little dusty.

Steve

Sad to say my 69 Mach 1 was 200 yards away from that car for a few years. Drove by it almost daily. You never know what's around the corner.

Jon

I found a guy in Ohio who has three shelby gt 350's in his garage. He bought them for next to nothing and restored them to great condition. They are out there, you just have to search.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a guy in Ohio who has three shelby gt 350's in his garage. He bought them for next to nothing and restored them to great condition. They are out there, you just have to search.

matter of luck if u come across something like that. unless u have x-ray vision.

I know where there is a 68 GT500 sitting under a blue tarp outside in a driveway in Seattle. All original 428 dual 4v car. Not for sale.....yet....and no I will not tell you where it is....:hysterical:

Like this car the front lic plate frame that said Carroll Shelby Motors...is what made me look closer at the big blue tarp...:shift:

Archived