TEAM SHELBY FORUM

(Barn Find) Rare 1966 Shelby Hertz GT350 Fastback found in Lawrence MA

Boombatz

Saw this on the news last night .... this was found less than 1Hr from where I live (unfortunately not by me) ... goes to show, you never know what your neighbors have in their garage.

66 Shelby "Hertz" GT350 found

Interesting Article on the Shelby & how it was found. I never knew that the 66 GT350's came in Red/White, never mind it a "Hertz" Shelby that where mostly Gold & Black.

Supposedly this is 1 of 50 in the color scheme.

The "Four Wheel Drive" mentioned in the article is a road name, not a reference to the car.

Edited by Boombatz

However, something is wrong here, that car must have been re-striped at some point in time. The 50 red '66 Hertz cars were striped in gold, not white. However it was very comon for the Hertz cars to be restriped with white stripes after their rental service. Back then people did not want the cars to be known as rental cars. Yes, there were 50 red/gold, 50 white/gold, 50 blue/gold (but usually just he side stripes), and 50 green/gold. The other 851 were black/gold.

Sal, he didnt win it afterall...it went to a guy who runs a museum, and didnt really care for the car as much as he cared for the story. It seems more and more of our cars are getting parked behind a glass wall and not put out there for us to enjoy! When I win the lottery, I plan to "liberate" MANY Shelbys from a driveless life!

• 2 years later...

Sal, he didnt win it afterall...it went to a guy who runs a museum, and didnt really care for the car as much as he cared for the story. It seems more and more of our cars are getting parked behind a glass wall and not put out there for us to enjoy! When I win the lottery, I plan to "liberate" MANY Shelbys from a driveless life!

Warren,

That really touches me deep down, ya know! :salute::superhero:

Hope you do!

David

• 3 weeks later...