TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Washing your Shelby GT500

Super Snake

Ya ... me too ... worse yet .. when I clean it off . or opps .. dare i say .. dust it off ? :headspin: .... I really dont want to drive it ... All the time spent cleaning it .. just want to leave it in the garage and keep er pretty !

I know

then you want to wait for the perfect day and show it off, get it home, clean it again

it is a wonderful Vicious cycle.... I love it :happy feet:

lwellmaker, i too am sick. if i am not washing my car, i am wiining it down with macquires quick detailer. i do need therapy. after every driving fix, i have to go into cleaning mode. 'disgusting', says my wife. she knows i am obsessed. oh well. i don't think i can be cured from this.

My wife calls my car "The Other Woman" :happy feet:

I need to live closer to some people like you so you can wash my car too:)

Seriously though, I have not been the best at washing cars but I am trying to keep this one pristine. I took it to a professional detailer to have it cleaned and prepped instead of letting the dealer wash it. They also clayed and fixed some areas in the paint that were polished out at Ford. There were about five areas where they touched it up. You could tell by the haze in the paint and the compound still in the cracks around the hood, hood vent, etc. Black shows every water spot and imperfection so I want to be careful with it and keep it as nice as I can.

While I am a novice at true detailing, perhaps some of you can answer a few questions for me.

What soap do you use? ICE Auto wash from Turtle wax

What do you use to dry your car? Synthetic absorbant cloth

How do you keep your engine clean? Hand wipe it after I wash it, it doesn't get dirty

What / how do you clean your rims? Eagle One wheel and tire cleaner, soft wheel brush

GRABBER Recommended ICE Auto Polish... Great stuff

Thanks for any suggestions or tips you may have.

OK talk about obsessive, Badboy is in Las Vegas this week and he was actually able to get into Hart and Huntington tattoo last night. He now has a tattoo of the Cobra snake on his calf with Gt500 written below it...His logic is he will have the Shelby for life, why not make it body art also.....I knew he was alittle obsessive (who isnt) about our car, but now this......Scared to think what is next.....

He is also going to Shelby Auto's tomorrow......Anyways,

:backtotopic: Sorry I got off topic for a second there......:(

OK talk about obsessive, Badboy is in Las Vegas this week and he was actually able to get into Hart and Huntington tattoo last night. He now has a tattoo of the Cobra snake on his calf with Gt500 written below it...His logic is he will have the Shelby for life, why not make it body art also.....I knew he was alittle obsessive (who isnt) about our car, but now this......Scared to think what is next.....

TATTOOED RACING STRIPES? :hysterical2:

I've traded in my Meguiar's Quik Detailer for Eagle One's Wipe and Shine...works better, leaves a better shine and the surface feels smoother...use it on all of my cars every day...

I never thought about claying the rims... but they probably would need it more than the rest of the car.

Something I should add to that - I would use a separate clay for the wheels than the one you use for paint. The clay holds the grit (that is how it works). If pieces of garbage are stuck in the clay from the wheels, you won't want to rub that on your paint.

I told my wife I was going to have Carrol Shelby sign my butt and then have it tattooed over. She just rolled her eyes.

I can forge signatures pretty good, come here I'll sign your butt for half price with permanent ink

you should be charging twice the price to sign a butt :hysterical2: unless of course its "her" but

I would do that for free :hyper:

Archived