TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help with picking a new clutch

viper97

I have a 08 GT 500 Kenny bell mammoth long tubes oliver rods diamond pistons ford racing cams and on. 700hp @ the rear tires. Would appreciate any input on which clutch I should go with. I have called 4 performance shops and got 4 different answers. I was looking at a spec twin disc but which one? Spec says the ss would work fine another shop said no you need the p trim, Then another shop said it needs the st. I want something that will last but be street able ( I drive the car as my daily) I also need a kit with a flywheel. I had a ram twin disc with their throw out bearing it did not last and ram's costumer service leaves alot to be desired. Thanks for any help.

I have a 08 GT 500 Kenny bell mammoth long tubes oliver rods diamond pistons ford racing cams and on. 700hp @ the rear tires. Would appreciate any input on which clutch I should go with. I have called 4 performance shops and got 4 different answers. I was looking at a spec twin disc but which one? Spec says the ss would work fine another shop said no you need the p trim, Then another shop said it needs the st. I want something that will last but be street able ( I drive the car as my daily) I also need a kit with a flywheel. I had a ram twin disc with their throw out bearing it did not last and ram's costumer service leaves alot to be desired. Thanks for any help.

If you haven't already, look thru this topic: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/forum/151-clutch-%26-transmission/

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up going with a spec p-trim so far 700 miles with no issues. Much less pedal effort than the ram and it uses the stock throw out bearing which is much less hassel than the after market ram.

Archived