TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Meet and Greet

Orf

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great. Details on where we're going to meet up will follow soon. We're working up an itinerary.

The Rufstang is Home! Yeah, Daddy!

Czn't wait to show you guys in a few weeks.

Gonna be a Rumble on the Banks!!

Guest markham51
It looks like we have a schedule of events. Check the first post for the update. Complete with some links.

Looks like fun. Looking forward to meeting everyone! :happy feet:

If the weather cooperates, we're gonna have a Big Time.

Great food. A bunch of hot rods. The Beach. A super location for pics/video. No stone walls. Corsas and Bassanis providing accompaniment. Commander Orf's Funny Car slicing and dicing. Meeting some new folks. Secrets revealed. Co-Pilot trouncing me. Perhaps a swim? Lots of Zaino. Shrimp. Oysters. Scallops. Zaino. Shelbys - GT's - Rufstangs. Strangers from the Left Coast. Wall Talk. Antenna Contests. Chrome Nut Competition. Zaino. Bull Run. Ah - life will be Good.

How long is it? :hyper:

what? you want to meet in Nag's Head on Sunday? Be specific.

you buying lunch at Sam & Omies?

You wanna check out Roanoke Island Park?

Call me now - so we can call the kennel in the morning and drop off the dogs....

If the weather cooperates, we're gonna have a Big Time.

Great food. A bunch of hot rods. The Beach. A super location for pics/video. No stone walls. Corsas and Bassanis providing accompaniment. Commander Orf's Funny Car slicing and dicing. Meeting some new folks. Secrets revealed. Co-Pilot trouncing me. Perhaps a swim? Lots of Zaino. Shrimp. Oysters. Scallops. Zaino. Shelbys - GT's - Rufstangs. Strangers from the Left Coast. Wall Talk. Antenna Contests. Chrome Nut Competition. Zaino. Bull Run. Ah - life will be Good.

How long is it? :hyper:

In 18 days and 23 hours and 20 minutes I will be on a plane heading your direction with my full collection of thongs. :hyper:

Guest markham51
We're glad you can make it, Mark. Which one will you be bringing? The Vert, I suspect!

SCGT - :finger:

I will bring the coupe. The vert is bedded down in Ontario where it will stay until May. I plan to mod the coupe (and not the vert) and NC is a great place to get this kind of work done. That is why I have the coupe here in NC and not the vert.

BTW, thinking of ordering some Corsas this week. Had an 05 Stang until a few weeks ago (wifes car) and I had Borlas but the drone drove me nuts. From previous threads I read that Corsas dont have this problem. Anything I should know about? Are they easy to center etc? I wont be doing the installation myself but headsup info would be useful.

I will bring the coupe. The vert is bedded down in Ontario where it will stay until May. I plan to mod the coupe (and not the vert) and NC is a great place to get this kind of work done. That is why I have the coupe here in NC and not the vert.

BTW, thinking of ordering some Corsas this week. Had an 05 Stang until a few weeks ago (wifes car) and I had Borlas but the drone drove me nuts. From previous threads I read that Corsas dont have this problem. Anything I should know about? Are they easy to center etc? I wont be doing the installation myself but headsup info would be useful.

If you can wait 3 weeks, you will be able to hear Corsas in person on mine.

I had a set of Gibsons on my truck years ago that had a drone at highway speed. Drove me nuts. That's why I chose Corsas - the claim of no drone. I am happy with them. Absolutely no drone.

Mark - I had Fastlane Motorsports in Benson NC do my dyno-tune.

If I have any further engine work done - that's where I'm going.

Their website seems to be down.

Talk to Melvin or Caleb if you call them. They know Mustangs like I know....walls.

Guest markham51
Mark - I had Fastlane Motorsports in Benson NC do my dyno-tune.

If I have any further engine work done - that's where I'm going.

Their website seems to be down.

Talk to Melvin or Caleb if you call them. They know Mustangs like I know....walls.

Did it used to be True Blue Performance, or is it another Mustang shop? Is it located just off the 40 behind the Texaco gas station?

Guest markham51
It's just off 40 - and you turn by a Shell station - but then it's a half mile down a two lane. Big shop.

Caleb has a 9 second Mustang! 1100 hp at the wheels.

Same place, I looked up address on internet and viewed Fastlane website. Either service station changed from texaco to Shell or my recollection was wrong (probably the latter).

A few years back I had a bunch of engine mods done by True Blue Performance which occupied the "service bay area" on the left hand side of the building. Capital Ford in raleigh recommended them to me. At the time there was another company operating the right side of the building where the Fastlane store is now. You could buy parts and services from either company. I chose True Blue because they had the superior service setup and they did an absolutely stellar job. I kept the Saleen for five years and never had one single problem. They installed a Vortech S-trim with intercooler and a whole bunch of other goodies. That engine never needed a tune. Likely same guys. Will call next week and check out.

I haven"t done any mods yet on the coupe. I have been waiting for the ultimate supercharger upgrade to come out and then get all the mods done at once. I follow this site with great interest...planning...thinking....planning... I've probably waited long enough, time for some Corsas and I may mount a set of 19" Boze Eurostix wheels for the trip to Kitty Hawk. I bought them for my wifes 05 stang and they are identical in size (width front and rear) to the GT500 OEM setup. I kept them when I sold the Stang.

Archived